Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2008 7:57:08 AM EDT
A well dressed Haitian man, and a "typical" granny.  They both held Bibles and wanted to give me some propaganda.

I was polite, but they left knowing where I stood on "Hope and Change".  I asked them nicely to 'move on'.

Should I have brought out my Bible and my guns to cling with them?
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A well dressed Haitian man, and a "typical" granny.  They both held Bibles and wanted to give me some propaganda.

I was polite, but they left knowing where I stood on "Hope and Change".  I asked them nicely to 'move on'.

Only if you could manage a bitter look on your face.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only if you could manage a bitter look on your face.  

Damn you guys!  You used all the good jokes early.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I was sitting on my front porch, they pulled in slowly.  I thought they were Jehovah Witnesses at first, but after the greeting I heard the "we'd like to tty about hope and change".

Sorry - wrong neighborhood, county, city & state.

I was thinking along the lines of "I see your Bibles, and raise you an AR-15" - but that would be wrong and I don't need to be on msdnc right now scaring obama-zombies.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

In my defense, I rarely get zingers in before anybody.  I've got to get them in when I can.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In my defense, I rarely get zingers in before anybody.  I've got to get them in when I can.

I understand, but now I don't get to express my smartassedness.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:28:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"we'd like to tty about hope and change".

They actually said that?

Kinda spooky, and uhm..........cult like.

Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was sitting on my front porch, they pulled in slowly.  I thought they were Jehovah Witnesses at first, but after the greeting I heard the "we'd like to tty about hope and change".
Sorry - wrong neighborhood, county, city & state.

"Don't you see my lawn?  Green Grass?  Get the fuck outta my neighborhood over to someplace where they sit on stoops!"
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"we'd like to tty about hope and change".

They actually said that?

Kinda spooky, and uhm..........cult like.

Yup, and I hit "new topic" and started the thread while they stood here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:32:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:32:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Triple tap.

Some kind of bump in the  ARF matrix.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I "Hope" Obama leaves me with more than "Change" in my pocket when he's done with us.

That's one of my many canned responses to people who got sucked into the Obama cult.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd act interested, and ask for all the propaganda they could afford to give me.

And then proceed to tear it to shreds right in front of their face.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I breifly had a feeling of sadness for these dumb people, then I recognized the threat for what it is.

They believe.  

The woman was looking greadily at my property like she was appraising it for future tax increases.

Just wait - if they actually came to my place, they're coming to your place too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#14]
While in Pittsburgh for work last week, I was approached by one of Obama's ground troops, who inquired if I was registered to vote.  I replied that I was, He then asked if I would mind telling him what county, I replied I did not mind, and it was Jim Wells County.  He had a confused look, and asked where that was. I replied it is in south Texas. He got a wide eyed look, and said " Oh". I smiled, and replied "Yup".  That ended the conversation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top