PSA
Member Login

Posted: 3/8/2010 6:58:49 PM EDT

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:59:30 PM EDT
Sorry, no cable...
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:05:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Tony-Ri:
Sorry, no cable...

Your not missing much, I'm sure they find some way to stereotype and insult gun owners and give bad advice on preparations/readiness.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:05:55 PM EDT
I have a 52 in LCD with surround sound, High Def, bluRay, over 280 satellite TV channels, and still don't want to turn the TV on.  Nothing like a little silence when momma is out of town and the kids are asleep.  

You'll have to report exactly what the lunacy is so we can all laugh about it with you.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:06:50 PM EDT
details man, details
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:07:33 PM EDT
World Without Oil.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:07:43 PM EDT
They just said how the earth would instantly benefit if we all disappeared. Said the average person puts out as much heat as a 100 watt bulb. The narrator almost sounded happy
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:07:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Thom101:
details man, details

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:08:32 PM EDT
It's fantasies like 'What if we suddenly ran out of oil?'  and 'What if all those Gaia-killing people suddenly died, leaving the Earth in peace?'
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:09:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By distributor_of_pain:
They just said how the earth would instantly benefit if we all disappeared. Said the average person puts out as much heat as a 100 watt bulb. The narrator almost sounded happy

I bet if you set a hippie on fire they'd put out a lot more than 100 watts of heat, for a time anyway.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:09:31 PM EDT

Population thinning tends to mean more resources for the survivors, assigning a morality to that fact is kind of wasted.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:09:46 PM EDT
I came to GD just to see if anyone else was bitching about.

Yes, without oil the skys will be clearer, the air will be cleaner. We will reclaim the parking garages and make gardens.

Unicorns will fart glitter and the birds will sing gloria gaynor.......
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:10:07 PM EDT
Aftermath:  World Without Oil

New, A Hypothetical look at what would happen if the world ran out of oil.  

Yeah, I'll pass.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:10:17 PM EDT
It was a world without oil at first, and they talked about how it would basically be a farming/hippie paradise.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:12:23 PM EDT
Looks like NGC's version of "Life After People." World without any human survivors.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:12:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By raven:
It's fantasies like 'What if we suddenly ran out of oil?'  and 'What if all those Gaia-killing people suddenly died, leaving the Earth in peace?'

Yeah. It's jumping from what if to what if. It's hippie mental masturbation.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:13:35 PM EDT
National Geographic should research a show entitled "What if we actually aired something worth watching once in a while?"
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:13:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2010 7:14:29 PM EDT by Mattl]
Originally Posted By sburggsx:

Yes, without oil the skys will be clearer, the air will be cleaner. We will reclaim the parking garages and make gardens.

More likely we'd adapt via converting cars to run on alcohol based fuels.  That would probably be the market reality.  Not sure how much cleaner if any running methanol, ethanol, or bio-diesel actually is.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:14:05 PM EDT
Just watched it was interesting, but then they started praising electric car owners. Well if they become the hot item and we are in a survival situation guess the gun owners will be taking those. TAKE THAT HIPPIE!!!!!

I can haz yur fag mobile?

Seriously though I would head far from the cities and live off the land. Who wants to meet up?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:15:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Mattl:

More likely we'd adapt via converting cars to run on alcohol based fuels.  That would probably be the market reality.  Not sure how much cleaner if any running methanol, ethanol, or bio-diesel actually is.

I was actually thinking that too at the end when they were showing the plastic battery powered cars. They wanted to skip that part and move straight to getting rid of the awful things we have now.

Where were the pot farms? (oh wrong show)
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:16:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By David14:

National Geographic should research a show entitled "What if we actually aired something worth watching once in a while?"

but that would cost real money to produce

intern labor is free
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:16:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2010 7:16:43 PM EDT by azcactusbrew]
It was a world without oil at first, and they talked about how it would basically be a farming/hippie paradise.

But who will fly in the coffee beans from all over the world to make those hippies there starbucks?  And who will fly in organic fruit to New England when the hippies need fresh tangerines for their breakfast in the middle of winter.  And most importantly, how will they make all their plastic shit without petroleum.  

Oh well, at least we'll all be able to recycle and love each other (just wait, whats going to power the recycling plant and the recylcing truck??)  Oh well, back to liberal la-la land.  

Fucking morons.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:19:13 PM EDT
did not see it but am recording the repeat..I did see the scene were the kid supposedly shot the deer...was that an SKS??
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:20:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Mattl:

I was actually thinking that too at the end when they were showing the plastic battery powered cars. They wanted to skip that part and move straight to getting rid of the awful things we have now.

Where were the pot farms? (oh wrong show)

Switching to alcohol as fuel would be the reality in my estimation, but that is answered/solved quickly and does not make for hippie masturbatory material.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:21:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By azcactusbrew:

But who will fly in the coffee beans from all over the world to make those hippies there starbucks?  And who will fly in organic fruit to New England when the hippies need fresh tangerines for their breakfast in the middle of winter.  And most importantly, how will they make all their plastic shit without petroleum.  

Oh well, at least we'll all be able to recycle and love each other (just wait, whats going to power the recycling plant and the recylcing truck??)  Oh well, back to liberal la-la land.  

Fucking morons.

This.
Fucking Libtards
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:21:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Chris0013:
did not see it but am recording the repeat..I did see the scene were the kid supposedly shot the deer...was that an SKS??

Yes it was. With a synthetic stock.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:22:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2010 7:23:58 PM EDT by SgtKiwi]

HOLY CRAP!!!  That's like 86 people living in my house!

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:24:55 PM EDT
I liked how they said 90000 cows would be saved from slaughter everyday. Uhhhhh, what about what that would do to the ecosystem if there were thousands of cows running around?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:25:18 PM EDT
Did you hear that shit about the birds? OMG!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:28:06 PM EDT
Fuck hippies and fuck arock.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:28:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By donnieR32:
I liked how they said 90000 cows would be saved from slaughter everyday. Uhhhhh, what about what that would do to the ecosystem if there were thousands of cows running around?

Predator populations would baloon in response to the easy pickings.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:30:35 PM EDT
I am being forced to read "The World Without Us" by Alan Weisman, a highly-touted environmentalist book. All of this huff (Life Without People, After The Aftermath, et al) is that sort of fey hand-wringing "what if all those dirty filthy NASTY HUMANS were suddenly 'disappeared' without it messing up the planet? Wouldn't that be COOL?"

It is the ultimate expression of self-loathing of the liberal mind - pseudo-intellectuals pontificating on how rotten and awful the Descended Tree Ape is, and how happy an occurrence it would be if we would all just vanish.

Leftists may Darwinize themselves right out of existence. Who knows? God knows they hate population growth. How will they plan on ruling us serfs without physically outnumbering us? Brainwashing? Hell, maybe they're on to something.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:35:15 PM EDT
script was written by a hippie smokin a big fatty
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:46:39 PM EDT
Ah, the Wayback Machine™
Top Top