Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2002 4:33:35 PM EDT
Just finshed a dinner thatr would make your momma proud!

1 large pork loin from the recently killed sow.

Ingredients/procedures:

1/4 wild hog loin
salt and coarse ground black pepper to taste
olive oil

Sear loin in large stainless steel pan with olive oil.

When seared, add minced fresh rosemary, onion powder, minced garlic, ground savory.

Place one, large, sliced white onion in pan.   Add minced garlic.  Place in pre-heated oven for 1.5-2 hours at 325 degrees.

Remove from oven and serve with potato salad and steamed cabbage.

Beverage:  Michelob Amber Bock.

TheRedGoat

PS.  Did I mention it was good to be me?
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
and when do the rest of us  get to experience the "hogs in the open" paridise....?

Cluster.....
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder what barbecued goat taste like !
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn that sounds good!

Being married to a women who's cooking talents are known far and wide, I know how you feel.

Just polished off some meatball soup.

Which is like it sounds. Meatballs (made with Marconi's bread crumbs shipped in from Chicago), crushed tomatoes, beef bullion, corn, green beans, and onions (and whatever her other little secrets are).

Polished off with cold Budweiser (Red Hook Nut Brown Ale for dessert).

From the sounds of it, it is good to be you.

But I must say it is also good to be me!

Cheers, and happy hunting. Nothing tastes like fresh killed meat.

Especially when you get to do the killing .  
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, there's no way you're going to get your pile of virgins in paradise now.

About how much does 1/4 hog loin weight anyway?  Sounds like a lot of food for a TheRedGoat.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#6]
[b]Hey GrandPa, What's for supper?[/b]

We got baked pork loin
as big as you please
Steamed cabbage and tater salad
that'll make you weak at the knees
There'll be plenty for all,
and plenty to drink,
Anybody want potlikker, 'fore
I pour it down the sink?

[img]http://www.louisvillescene.com/music/features/images/f20010602country_jones.jpg[/img]

Eric The(YouMetAnother,And,Phht,YouWereGone)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Only one question. Stainless steel pan? Can I recommend an old cast iron skillet? For some reason there's nothing like it. Heck, even the neighbor's formerly pesky dog tasted good cooked up in a cast iron skillet...
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only one question. Stainless steel pan? Can I recommend an old cast iron skillet? For some reason there's nothing like it. Heck, even the neighbor's formerly pesky dog tasted good cooked up in a cast iron skillet...
View Quote

Mojo,  I am currently working out the details with Kurts of Kurt' Kustom Friearms on the next Redgoat's Place shoot.  He is supposed to be woking out plans on his end for a "guns for a 1954 Chevy" trade.  Waintin' on word from Kurt before the next party is planned.  I think the DFW crew would like to mee 'the' AR15.com gunsmith, doncha?

As for dinner, man, oh man!  You guys have no idea what a wild hog can do to you taste buds.

300 lb sow made so much meat it is hard to believe.

Cluster, I have another post where you can give me some input about your chance to experience "hogs out in the open."

Mortech, you are baaaaaaaad

seamuscoi, so the LSD (remeber the attack of the killer moths) has worn off?  My wife cooked the sides, I take full credit for the main dish!

PDXshooter, I only used the stainless since it was handy.  I could have used ALL my l33t C00k|nG sk||lZ but I gottta hold something in reserve...

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That is right, "guns for truck".  To meet Kurt, that will be worth it.
View Quote

If things work out as planned, then the next shoot at my place will include Kurt and his famous toys.  Will let you know as things develop.  

TheRedGoat

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top