Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/27/2004 8:46:58 PM EST
Today I get a customer that asks me who am I voting for. I dont talk Politics or Religion with customers... That's my rule... but this one pushed it.

ME: I dont know yet, I will wait until the debates
CUSTOMER: you mean you dont know by now?
ME: I will wait and see
CUSTOMER: OMG I cannot believe you are not convinced that Kerry is THE MAN.
ME: Well, I am glad you made up your mind. I will have to see
CUSTOMER: Well as soon as he is in office we can re-open that glass ceiling that stops women from getting ahead, safe to know that Roe v. Wade wont be overturned and get the assault weapons off the streets.

(THATS IT!! MY FUSE WAS LIT!!!)

ME: What EXACTLY IS an 'Assault Weapon?"
CUSTOMER:An AK-47
ME: And what is an AK47?
CUSTOMER: A machine gun
ME: No its not
CUSTOMER: Well I think it is
ME: No because machine guns were banned back in the 30's The AK is a SEMI automatic rifle
CUSTOMER: Yah and those are MACHINE GUNS And just the thought of people buying machine guns at gun shows is CRAZY
ME:Ma'am, in order to make judgement calls on a subject one must be EDUCATED on what is going on. You CANNOT just walk into a gun show and BUY a machine gun. You need a Class 3 license first of all, Second, you have to go to a class 3 dealer.
CUSTOMER: Well my 1st husband had a machine gun
ME:Then he must have had a class 3 license
CUSTOMER:No he didnt
ME:Then he should be put in jail for breaking the law
CUSTOMER:Well he's dead now
ME:Ok, then we will excuse him
CUSTOMER: (speechless)
ME:just know one thing. My "assault rifles' killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car
CUSTOMER: WHAT??? ARE YOU GUYS STILL HARPING ON THAT??
ME: Well, as long as she is still dead, YES.
CUSTOMER: Well I am just a loser ass bitch and I am Rick James' bitch.

Ok So she didnt say the last line ... but might has well have.

Oh MAN! please save us from the sheeple.... PLEASE!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:49:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/27/2004 8:49:34 PM EST by twonami]
Soccermom: what do you need a evil black rifle for?
Me: What do you need a SUV for when a minivan will do the same job
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:49:05 PM EST
You were a little wrong yourself. An AK-47 isn't semi, and machineguns weren't banned in the 30's.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:50:58 PM EST
last time i checked the AK47 was fully automatic
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:53:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By raven:
You were a little wrong yourself. An AK-47 isn't semi, and machineguns weren't banned in the 30's.

Please calibrate me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:54:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By WI_Rifleman:
last time i checked the AK47 was fully automatic

What is the civilian version then.... Hey, Im an AR fan... NOT an AK fan
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:55:47 PM EST
I hate running into idiots at work.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:56:13 PM EST

ME:Then he should be put in jail for breaking the law
CUSTOMER:Well he's dead now
ME:Ok, then we will excuse him

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I hate to tell you but an AK-47 *IS* an honest to God full auto assault rifle.

We've got to REALLY watch stuff like this. I know that we are so bombarded with the anti's bullshit it's hard to keep the lies seperated from the truth but we, as WELL EDUCATED gun onwers MUST ALWAYS get our facts straight.

Other than that, you done good!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:58:54 PM EST
You should've just slapped her.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:01:37 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/27/2004 9:02:49 PM EST by raven]
AK-47's are variable fire Soviet assault rifles, specifically the earliest version. They can shoot at semi or cyclic rates. Look-alikes like Romanian, Bulgarian, American, Hungarian, Yugoslavian, Egyptian, or Chinese semi auto rifles for the civilian market aren't AK-47's. They're knock-offs, even though they're basically the same design. They get different nomenclature.

Machineguns, that is, fully automatic beltfed weapons that fire full-sized rifle cartridges, were not banned under the 1934 Stamp Act. That was a law meant to regulate the sales of fully automatic weapons while circumventing the 2nd amendment, by demanding buyers purchase a prohibitively expensive (for that time) tax stamp for $200. You could still buy machineguns and other full auto weapons. You just had to also pay for the tax stamp.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:04:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By raven:
AK-47's are variable fire Soviet assault rifles, specifically the earliest version. They can shoot at semi or cyclic rates. Look-alikes like Romanian, Bulgarian, American, Hungarian, Yugoslavian, Egyptian, or Chinese semi auto rifles for the civilian market aren't AK-47's. They're knock-offs, even though they're basically the same design. They get different nomenclature.

Machineguns, that is, fully automatic beltfed weapons that fire full-sized rifle cartridges, were not banned under the 1934 Stamp Act. That was a law meant to regulate the sales of fully automatic weapons while circumventing the 2nd amendment, by demanding buyers purchase a prohibitively expensive (for that time) tax stamp for $200. You could still buy machineguns and other full auto weapons. You just had to also pay for the tax stamp.

Thanks Raven. I am better off now. Although I am SURE this woman, has no clue, I am now better armed (pun intended) for the next argument.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:05:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
You should've just slapped her.

Im DrFrige Bitch!
Top Top