Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2011 8:55:04 AM EDT
Stay tuned in the event the Ghetto Rats and hoodlums start rioting if they don't get their free lunch money.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#1]
They are automatically paid, even without a budget. And no I'm not kidding.

You guys need to learn how the .gov works.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#2]
There's no reason to think this will happen.  My city is talking about cutting police and fire salaries, and raising the income tax on working people.  But cutting entitlements to the welfare parasites?  That will never happen.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Sit back relax and eat some popcorn. The fun will start when inflation hits 20%

Fixed income handouts will be seen as too little, and boom hell breaks loose.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#4]
chi-chuck...
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm stopping by Olive Garden on the way home today.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

http://www.perspy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/bread-helmet.jpg

Ever been so angry you just tape garlic bread to your skull and scream?
Speed

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Speed

Rost!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There's no reason to think this will happen.  My city is talking about cutting police and fire salaries, and raising the income tax on working people.  But cutting entitlements to the welfare parasites?  That will never happen.

That would be biting the hand that puts them in office.

It will happen when the checks stop, the card runs out of dough, or the .gov fails to provide for the lazy.

Have nots coming for the haves.

Won't be pretty.

Anybody see where I set my 40 down?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Will this be on scanner feed SS? With MOAR Hippy Beatdown?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Speed

Rost!

Me too!  
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Rhodesia and South Afrika all over...

female-dominated Marxists destroyed them, and since the 19th Amendment they destroyed us, too.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Anybody notice how the continuing resolutions are always timed to expire after the 1st of the month and before the 15th or after the 15th and before the 1st.  There is a reason for that.  No CR means checks would be delayed even if policy is not to delay checks because of the way allotments flow during CRs.  It's the same reason we would cancel drill if the CR ran out on a Friday.  Regardless, I don't think that congress will let this CR expire.

Sleep tight for now but always be listening for the clip clop of horseshoes if the Amish get restless.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:26:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Rhodesia and South Afrika all over...

female-dominated Marxists destroyed them, and since the 19th Amendment they destroyed us, too.

Ive seen you post this female marxism stuff in several threads.

Where do you get your theory on this? Any reading material?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anybody notice how the continuing resolutions are always timed to expire after the 1st of the month and before the 15th or after the 15th and before the 1st.

Is this for real??  Are you aware of any documentation on this?  If so, I'd appreciate a link.  
(Not doubting you, just want some ammo for a "debate".)
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Can someone tell me when the end of the world is so I can plan to not come into work?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody notice how the continuing resolutions are always timed to expire after the 1st of the month and before the 15th or after the 15th and before the 1st.

Is this for real??  Are you aware of any documentation on this?  If so, I'd appreciate a link.  
(Not doubting you, just want some ammo for a "debate".)

No documentation, just experience with how allotment flows during a CR.  I'm a DOD civilian and run the financial system (AFCOS) in this case.  During a CR you run off of the previous year's appropriation.  Everybody knows that.  What most people don't know is that you are not funded or given allotment for the full amout of the previous year's appropriation.  You are given dribs and drabs of allotment (cash) to take you to the end of the CR or get you close.  Sometimes you get shorted by an agency above you too.  Now comes the tricky part.  Under a normal budget we can transfer money from SAG to SAG (think accounts) to cover shortfalls in allotment and then make it up before the end of the year.  It is illegal to make such transfers under a CR.  If the allotment in your SAG runs out, you are screwed.  If the CR runs out and you have no allotment, you are screwed.  Even if there was money set aside for your SAG to cover essentials like checks it cannot be pushed out as allotment after the CR expires until a new one or a budget is passed.  Most if not all Fed agencies hold funds at the highest level possible until the very last minute setting up a situation where the agency may have money but not have the foresight or time to push it to the right account on time.

In summary, the possibilites for delay are:

1.  Check sending agency did not receive enough allotment from parent agency to make it through current CR and cannot transfer funds from another account because it is operating under CR.
2.  CR expires and no additional allotment was squirreled away by fed agency in advance.
3.  CR expires and Fed agency has allotment saved for rainy day but holds it too long and can't push it out to check writer sub-agency prior to CR expiration.

Do you really trust the government to handle a just-in-time financial system?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

and that is the problem

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, sure!  

Thanks for the explanation - makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, sure!  

Thanks for the explanation - makes sense.

Just to avoid confusion from my username.  I am a dual status Federal Technician.  I am a DOD civilian during the week and a National Guard Officer on weekends.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Will this be on scanner feed SS? With MOAR Hippy Beatdown?

Yup. A bunch of unanswered calls for service as the hippies time is acomin'.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top