Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 4:32:54 PM EDT

www.portsmouthherald.com/news/10_7special.htm

Police: Mother repeatedly stabs boy over stuffed animal

By Associated Press

BELMONT, N.H. - A mother repeatedly stabbed her 10-year-old son in the arm with a steak knife, allegedly because he and his brother destroyed her favorite stuffed animal, police said.

Police were called to the home by the child's 13-year-old brother who ran out of the house with a cordless phone during the assault and called 911 on Sept. 20, police said.

Jacqueline Weiner, 36, was arrested and charged with second-degree assault and simple assault. In an arrest affidavit, police said that they also found welts on the boy's right temple and bites on his body including his wrist, shin, breast, leg and neck. He was treated at a hospital.

The boy's stepfather, Steven Weiner, 48, was arrested and charged with a felony count of criminal liability. He is accused of holding the young boy on the floor during the stabbing, police said.

According to the affidavit, Steven Weiner told police he and his wife had a "heated discussion" with the children earlier in the night.

Jacqueline Weiner, who police said "appeared to be intoxicated" began to cry after she explained to police that the children had destroyed a stuffed animal of hers that she had owned for several years.

In the affidavit, Police Corporal William Wright said when he and another officer went to the house, a pickup truck was starting to back out of the driveway. Wright parked his cruiser behind the truck and saw Steven Weiner at the driver's seat. The boy was in the passenger seat.

"I could see the child had been crying and had visible red markings on his neck and face," Wright wrote, adding when he asked the boy what had happened he said he had fallen off of his bike.

He had the boy sit in the back of the police cruiser and Weiner stayed with the truck.

The boy "told me he would tell me the truth as long as I did not allow him to go back to his parents," Wright wrote.

The boy said his mother had stabbed him in the arm, pulled up his shirt sleeve and showed "three distinct puncture wounds on his right forearm," Wright wrote. His brother also described the stabbing.

When Steven Weiner was asked about what happened, he "spoke of the children negatively and told me that the police have had many negative contacts with the children," Wright wrote.

It looked like bloodstains were on Mrs. Weiner's clothes, he wrote. When asked about them, she said she was anemic and had a nosebleed. She then recanted, saying she had paint on her, as she painted for a living, Wright wrote.

The boys were taken into state custody, The Citizen reported Thursday.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
In the last days they will be without natural affection....

We are living in the last days.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]
"Morons" is definitely the wrong word.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
When I was 17 my mother threw a butcher knife at me because I farted at the table.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Pray. Pray hard. Pray deeply. Pray often.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:51:28 PM EDT
[#6]
What a way to remember mom.
At least she didn't use an assault weapon.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]
well, at least it's the express elevator, I hate waiting
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#8]
It's like the man said......................."You need a license to drive a car, you need a license to catch a fish, but they'll let any sonofabitch have a kid".

That is truly a sad story.  They ought send the mom and step dad straight to prison.

Sure seems like this sort of thing is happening with greater frequency.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's like the man said......................."You need a license to drive a car, you need a license to catch a fish, but they'll let any sonofabitch have a kid".

That is truly a sad story.  They ought send the mom and step dad straight to prison.

Nope, its always been like this.  But families used to keep things "in the family" and the media used to respect that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, its always been like this.  But families used to keep things "in the family" and the media used to respect that.

And other members of the family would "take care of" the offender and that shit wouldn't happen again because...."uncle so-n-so  will fuck you up if you mess with kids".

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top