Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/22/2012 4:02:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/22/2012 5:19:52 PM EST by crush_opposition]
Just like the title says. Post all links to black friday mayhem stories!

Stores start opening in 3 hours on the east coast!

Over/under on deaths, shooting, riots?

GO
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:05:46 PM EST
Protestors, heavily armored police and bargain-hungry shoppers: America prepares for Black Friday

Shoppers, protestors and police are gearing up for an expected bout of mayhem at the nation's malls and superstores Friday as the U.S. officially kicks off its holiday season with the biggest shopping day of the year.

Hundreds of people are already pitching camps outside of Walmarts, Best Buys and other superstores across America, hoping to catch the door-buster sales this Black Friday.

The National Retail Federation predicts 147 million Americans will shop this weekend and that there will be an increase in holiday sales of 4.1 per cent over last year...
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:06:10 PM EST
In for the liveleak/youtube security cam videos of stampeding deaths and flying elbows!

This time of season makes WorldStarHipHop look as tame and civil as the old Davy and Goliath Sunday morning cartoons.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:09:37 PM EST
My midnight shopper din do nuffin.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:13:06 PM EST
Went to the local Wally World to return a gift CCing, no issues, no one frisked me or took away my gun, it was crazy though watching them scramble around grabbing sale marked items as the store workers cut open the merchandise.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:31:25 PM EST
OP, I yield and give you the official Black Friday Mayhem/Brawls Thread.

Please bold your title and add the word "official".
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:37:52 PM EST
Meh. Swung by Walmart to check out sporting goods for a decent deal (like those Plano rifle cases from last year).

I was also looking for 3 things for my step-mother.

Found only one of the items, and only by virtue of luck, what with finding it discarded on the floor in the wrong section of the store.

You were an idiot if you used a cart. I went cartless and had 10X the mobility. Twas packed.

Actually checked out in under a minute. Checkout was really speedy. No Armageddon lines.

Sorry to disappoint. No real drama.

There were a bunch of hillbillies snatching up blue-ray players like mad to use on their tube TVs. made me lol.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:19:33 PM EST
Walmart can suck a bag of AIDS infected dicks!

I stopped in there for giggles because dad said they had some shotguns on sale. The place was fucking insane! I assumed it would be, but I was heading to sporting goods so I figured that would be okay. They had the entire department blocked off for room to line people up for electronics deals. They wouldn't even show me the gun cabinet or let me pick up ammo. I asked to speak to a manager and her explanation was that it is Thanksgiving and they don't sell guns or ammo on Thanksgiving. WTF? I told them they lost at least $400 in sales to me so they could take a loss on their cheap Chinese electronics.

Konger
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:20:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By Jdawg_Valdez:
OP, I yield and give you the official Black Friday Mayhem/Brawls Thread.

Please bold your title and add the word "official".

noted, good sir.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:21:31 PM EST
I got sent to the back of the line at the store I WORK AT! I was just trying to buy some coffee and GTFO, but they had some planned layout (That I was not informed about prior) that forced people to go through every aisle of the store before they could check out. I am not happy.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:21:44 PM EST
Huge line at Sears here this year, never seen a real line there before

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:38:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By konger:

I stopped in there for giggles because dad said they had some shotguns on sale. The place was fucking insane! I assumed it would be, but I was heading to sporting goods so I figured that would be okay. They had the entire department blocked off for room to line people up for electronics deals. They wouldn't even show me the gun cabinet or let me pick up ammo. I asked to speak to a manager and her explanation was that it is Thanksgiving and they don't sell guns or ammo on Thanksgiving. WTF? I told them they lost at least $400 in sales to me so they could take a loss on their cheap Chinese electronics.

Konger

I'll bet they were devasted at the loss of your business. Seriously, I agree with you though, and that's what I hate about Walmart. And Black Friday. And people.

roy d....and happy Thanksgiving

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:41:53 PM EST
Originally Posted By robb01:

http://goo.gl/H9XbG

i wonder if they marked up the tv's again , last year and the year before most of the tv's were cheaper a few days before black friday
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:50:10 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:55:38 PM EST
I am getting ready to head into work at 11 to open for black friday. Bring on the madness! Cigarettes and energy drinks will be the recipe for success tonight lol.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:01:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:03:14 PM EST
I went by several stores to laugh at them standing in the rain like lemmings. Best Buy, no real line. Target, medium sized line probably less than 75 people. Walmart's parking lot was full, I wasn't even going to attempt to pull in and get a good look.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:07:40 PM EST
Just went to my Wal-Mart, pretty close to the ghetto. It was all organized and shit, had lines, not many kids running around surprisingly.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:11:23 PM EST
I just watched the news and they said there was a small uprising at a K Mart in Georgia
It was because the store employees handed out the sale item tickets to people that just showed up and bypassed the people that were in line for a day or two
Cops had to come and the people that got fucked complained the cops were to late to get them their tickets
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:13:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:15:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/22/2012 7:21:42 PM EST by LuckyDucky]
I attended my first Black Friday event this year at Wal Mart in OKC. I arrived at 7:59 pm, and the parking lot was PACKED full!

I observed this brilliant parking job while looking for a spot.

I ended up parking far away, almost in the Sam's parking lot.

It really wasn't as bad as I imagined. They had all the TVs cordoned off with caution tape so lines could form, and they had balloons indicating where lines start and what the prices were. There were employees standing everywhere so you could ask where stuff was, and they would direct you.

There were deputies at the entrances and walking around the store.

Also, it was HOT. The place was PACKED

As a final note, I talked to a few people there and all were courteous. One lady offered to give me one of her items that I was looking for (she had 3).
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:17:19 PM EST
Before 9pm, there were already fist fights at the local Walmart, lots of off-duty and on-duty PD there working.

One guy got booked for PI and Class A assault for punching a 16 year old girl in the face trying to get some bed sheets that were on sale.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:18:58 PM EST
I do not partake in such shenanigans. Furthermore, I cannot comprehend the mindset of anyone who does.

I would gladly pay more to avoid such a scene. And I am not a rich man.

True story.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:31:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By somedude:
Originally Posted By robb01:

http://goo.gl/H9XbG

i wonder if they marked up the tv's again , last year and the year before most of the tv's were cheaper a few days before black friday

they had 50" toshiba led tv's for $300 tonight, don't know about any other sizes though

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:34:07 PM EST
The mentallity and attitude of Black Friday happenings sicken me.

Whats wrong with people.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:38:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By patchouli:
I do not partake in such shenanigans. Furthermore, I cannot comprehend the mindset of anyone who does.

... Me neither, it's beyond me. Unbelievable
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:44:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By konger:

Konger

This must be the ammo "quarantine" mentioned in a previous thread...

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:48:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By patchouli:

I would gladly pay more to avoid such a scene. And I am not a rich man.

True story.

Agreed. I was almost considering hitting dicks sporting good tomorrow ( 45 min away) To buy a shotgun they have on sale. Then I found out the difference is only somthing like $20 from their regular price.

Ill just wait a week and pay the $20 extra lol
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:01:43 PM EST
I went to walmart to grab two video games i wanted, Get there, wait in line, giant line of people around the four corners of the area where the games where cordoned off inside of. Once 8pm hit they undid the ropes, and people rushed the game selection, while i had waited i had asked the people infront of me if they were to reach the display first, could they grab me a copy of the games i wanted, and they obliged. As the people rushed the display and almost knocked it over, it moved about 5 feet, i stood back and had the games handed too me, Than i just walked to the register.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:07:01 PM EST
I worked best buy for 5 years. this year I got a nice job where I am out of retail. I want to go there this year and just watch. lol
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:19:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/22/2012 8:20:24 PM EST by KennyW1983]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
The mentallity and attitude of Black Friday happenings sicken me.

Whats wrong with people.

One of many reasons the rest of the world hates Americans and I cant say that I blame them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:32:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By joemama74:
Before 9pm, there were already fist fights at the local Walmart, lots of off-duty and on-duty PD there working.

One guy got booked for PI and Class A assault for punching a 16 year old girl in the face trying to get some bed sheets that were on sale.

Too bad he couldn't take those bed sheets to jail with him
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:41:11 PM EST

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:49:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By OIF_Vet08-09:

Too bad he couldn't take those bed sheets to jail with him

No, all he got was a 2" foam mat.

Tomorrow morning is gonna suck for him, McDonalds closed for remodeling, so it's 1 honeybun for breakfast and a bologna sandwich for dinner.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:51:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By sovereign:

http://static.infowars.com/slideshow/armedwalmart2.jpg

No, the dumbass threw a punch in front of an off duty sheriff's deputy working security. They were ready to pepperspray the entire linen department.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:20:24 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:01:24 PM EST
Laying over behind a Walmart here in Washington. Fzzzzucking crazy amount of people. I took a walk to streach my legs and counted five empty parking spots. No fights spotted but then again prozac is like grunt candy up here.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:07:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By Blackhawk5:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=eb8_1353646434

That's disgusting.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:09:38 PM EST
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2237237/Couple-headed-Black-Friday-sale-Walmart-struck-car-wife-left-trapped-vehicle.html

Couple headed to a Black Friday sale at Walmart struck by SUV, with girlfriend left pinned under vehicle
By SNEJANA FARBEROV
PUBLISHED: 02:31 EST, 23 November 2012

A couple in their 40s were hit and injured by a suspected drunken driver car while walking in the parking lot of a Walmart in Washington state Thursday evening.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:10:30 PM EST
Originally Posted By tc2k11:

That's disgusting.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:12:56 PM EST
My brother sent me this pic of the Wal-Mart in Cheyenne, WY...

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:13:40 PM EST
So what is this "Black Friday" disaster a looming?

Does this

follow in two days?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:18:31 PM EST
Fuck that noise. I am going to sleep in till 8:30. Have a few cups of hot coffee, take a big shit. Then carry on like everything is normal.

Whatever bargain that can be found in the morning. Isnt worth it to me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:22:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By tc2k11:

That's disgusting.

Yeah, that is pretty jacked up. I've never gone Black Friday shopping and don't think I ever will.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:57:57 PM EST

Fuck people. That's the bottom of the barrel right there.....
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:34:30 PM EST
Shit, I'm headed to tractor supply at 6am to get a gun safe on sale. I'm banking on tractor supply not being as busy as everyone else, but you never know around here. This is the first year I have ever partaken in Black Friday, other than to watch all of the idiots at Wal-Mart. It should save me $150, and I am in desperate need of a safe.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:39:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By Tier_One_arms:
Geissele SSA's for $149 shipped, SSA-E's for $179 shipped and SD-3G's for $220 shipped.

Use coupons codes 10of120 for $10 off over $120 spent and $150ff200 for $15 off $200 spent.

Price is good until Monday.

Geissele SSA

Geissele SSA-E

Geissele SD-3G

why did you have to post this!!!! now i have to order another,.....
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:43:56 PM EST

This country has indeed gone to shit.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:13:24 AM EST
Tagging for my reports after work. Working greed thurs and Black Friday at Walmart.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:13:24 AM EST
Mine was uneventful.

Went to Walmart, but waited til 12:30. The store was less busy than any normal shopping day. Parking lot was pretty much clear. I got first spot by the door ( all the loons had got their shit and left)

There was still a lot of sale items left. I casually strolled around the store. Bought some rubbermaid storage containers, cd's, belgium waffle maker, and slippers.

Then made my way to the Sears hometown store. It was now 3 (supposed to open at 4) and the parking lot was EMPTY I was worrying that they weren't opening up our small town store, but luckily some lights flicked on at 3:30 and saw some store employees inside the store. Sheeeww.

They unlocked the door at 3:55, I walked in, was the only customer in the store. Picked up my tool set, batteries and accerssory kit, and headed to the checkouts. When I left, I think there were 3 other customers in the store.

Pretty uneventful.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:54:29 AM EST
Living in the Houston area now there was no way in hell I was gunna try to participate in any black friday stuff. When I lived in the Texas hill country yeah I would, but F that not down here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top