Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2009 4:15:32 AM EDT
http://www.kmov.com/topstories/stories/kmov-stlouis-090329-columbia-officer.82f4eb02.html

Columbia is a college town, so I am betting on the guy being drunk and passed out on the road.  I never could figure out why drunks thought the street was a good place to sleep.  Must be Darwin's influence.  

Officer runs over man lying in road

03:41 PM CDT on Sunday, March 29, 2009

COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) –– A Columbia police officer has run over and killed a 24-year-old man who was lying in the street.

The Columbia Police Department said officer Alan Mitchell was traveling on Clark Lane in Columbia Saturday night when the vehicle struck Jeremy W. Setzer, who was lying in the westbound lane.

Setzer was pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.

Mitchell is a six-year veteran of the Columbia Police Department.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:52:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Isolated incident!  

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:07:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Isolated incident!  

This happened right out front of my apartment complex.

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9054640

Woman Ran Over By Officer: Police Say Suicide, Family Disagrees

A local family says Metro has it all wrong.

A Metro officer was on his way to a call Saturday morning when he hit a woman.

Investigators say it was a suicide.

Action News talked to some people who knew the woman, and they say that cannot be true.

The woman was hit on Decatur near Sahara.

Metro says their officer saw a vehicle in front of him swerve, but by then it was too late for him to avoid striking Aleane Sharp.

According to a police report, Sharp had been in a domestic dispute with her boyfriend and had made mention of suicide.

Police say that they have determined that Sharp willingly laid down on the roadway prior to the officer hitting her.

They also report that her boyfriend had tried to get her out of the road before she was hit.

"I just want her name to be clear, because her family that is in Austin is thinking she had some secret lifestyle or something, and that was not it.  She just got ran over by a car," said Andrew Boulos.

Aleane Sharp's friends and family say they are going to hire a private investigator to look into the incident.

Keep it tuned to Channel 13 Action News for the latest on this investigation.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:18:25 AM EDT
[#3]
It amazes me how many cops suck at drivivg.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top