Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/4/2005 8:14:32 AM EDT

edmonton.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=ed-police-shot20050803

Officer, woman injured when gun accidentally discharges

Last updated Aug 3 2005 03:04 PM MDT
CBC News

A police officer and a woman suffered minor injuries Wednesday when a shotgun accidentally discharged during a call.

Police were called to a domestic dispute at 66th Street and 121st Avenue just after 10 a.m. and discovered a sawed-off shotgun in the home.

Det. Bill Clark says one officer tried to clear the weapon so that it could be placed in the police cruiser. But it accidentally discharged into the ground and the pellets bounced up from the pavement and hit the officer and a woman.

Both are being treated in hospital for minor injuries.

A man is in custody in connection with the original domestic dispute call.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:15:03 AM EDT
Trigger finger!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:24:56 AM EDT
He's the only one professional enough in the room that I know of to handle this Glock Fawty.... woops I meant sawed off shotgun! BLAM
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:29:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SirDrinksAlot:
Trigger finger!

My finger wasn't on the trigger. I swear, I only hit the slide release...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:29:26 AM EDT

Trigger finger!

Not necessarily. If this home gunsmith cut the barrel there's no telling what else he screwed-up. I've seen a couple of old side by sides that could be set off just by slapping them hard. The officer was pointing the shotgun in a safe direction so give him some credit.z
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:48:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2005 8:49:02 AM EDT by SPTiger]
What? No comments about it being a Glock shotgun?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:54:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SPTiger:
What? No comments about it being a Glock shotgun?

The article didn't say it exploded....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:56:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By zoom:

Trigger finger!

Not necessarily. If this home gunsmith cut the barrel there's no telling what else he screwed-up. I've seen a couple of old side by sides that could be set off just by slapping them hard. The officer was pointing the shotgun in a safe direction so give him some credit.z

I agree, I have seen sawed off shotguns with modified triggers so that you could sneeze on them and it would go off. The only way to make certain it doesnt go boom was to hold the hammer down.
Top Top