Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/23/2020 3:47:02 PM
Posted: 2/22/2016 5:23:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/22/2016 5:59:59 PM EDT by Goodn]
WOW....
So many Police and LE from all over the country,  Homeland security Helicopter flying circles around the arena.  

Here is the live stream for the procession.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headlines/Watch-the-livestream-of-the-funeral-for-Officer-Jason-Moszer-here-369656491.html
http://www.wday.com/live-video/3952042

RIP Jason.  

Rest easy.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 6:00:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/22/2016 6:36:30 PM EDT by Goodn]

ETA:  625 vehicles in the procession.  19 miles long.

I cannot embed video.  

Here is his tribute video.  
http://www.hansonrunsvold.com/obituaries/Jason-Moszer/#!/PhotosVideos/00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001/TributeVideo

We lost a good one.  Him and my son used to banter a lot.  I have met Jason on a couple occasions.  One while i was moving my guns out of my old apartment to the truck,  He asked to see them and we shot the shit for a while about guns.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:26:29 AM EDT
I heard a news report on the radio about this. They said there were 600 police vehicles following the hearse. At 20 feet used per vehicle (conservative estimate) That's  2 1/4 miles long.

RIP
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:36:27 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Goldenlight:
I heard a news report on the radio about this. They said there were 600 police vehicles following the hearse. At 20 feet used per vehicle (conservative estimate) That's  2 1/4 miles long.

RIP
View Quote

626 vehicles.

The status check and eow radio call was sad and sobering to hear.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:29:51 AM EDT
I wasn't there, but I was able to watch it live online.

All I got is...why do the worst things seem to happen to the best people? Army medic, cop, and all-around great guy murdered just before he was about to go the day shift.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:35:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:44:08 AM EDT
My nieces husband was a coworker and good friend of Jason.  My nieces husband was also at the scene that horrible Wednesday night.

I have heard details of what happened that night.  

RIP Officer Moszer.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:59:48 AM EDT
I hate a last call/eow
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:13:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DigDug:
My nieces husband was a coworker and good friend of Jason.  My nieces husband was also at the scene that horrible Wednesday night.

RIP Officer Moszer.
View Quote

Yep.  I also heard the details.  He was cut down.  Plain and simple.  

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:15:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Goodn:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

RIP Officer Moszer.

If there is a positive it is he never felt a thing.  Lights out.  

The shooter on the other hand was in plenty of pain before he blew his brains out.  Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:25:24 PM EDT

The shooter on the other hand was in plenty of pain before he blew his brains out.  Fuck that guy.
View All Quotes

RIP Officer Moszer.

Did you hear what gun was used to shoot at the officers?   That is the one thing I hadn't heard.  

The details of where he was shot and where he was found lead me to believe Jason never knew what hit him.  There is no positives what so ever in this situation,  However I am with you.  It sounds as if he never felt a thing.  

I wish I had gotten to know him more than the couple times I met him on duty.  My son really liked him,  they bantered quit a lot.  

As far as the prick that cut him down.....  I hope he suffered.  A lot!  And from the sounds of it he really did.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:30:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2016 9:34:31 PM EDT by DigDug]

Did you hear what gun was used to shoot at the officers?   That is the one thing I hadn't heard.  

The details of where he was shot and where he was found lead me to believe Jason never knew what hit him.  There is no positives what so ever in this situation,  However I am with you.  It sounds as if he never felt a thing.  

I wish I had gotten to know him more than the couple times I met him on duty.  My son really liked him,  they bantered quit a lot.  

As far as the prick that cut him down.....  I hope he suffered.  A lot!  And from the sounds of it he really did.  
View All Quotes

RIP Officer Moszer.

I haven't seen my nieces husband since the incident.  My wife was down babysitting for them for the funeral on Monday.  Haven't heard what  the prick had either.

I do know sheriff Laney was pretty fired up about the bearcat.  As in it was indispensable.  Seems he has a difference of opinion with Obama and made it known in a couple interviews.  Glad he was my boss in the past.

Edit:  did you see the Forum editorial board opinion on Tuesday?  Using this for political purposes is about as scummy as it can get.  The Forum is about as scummy as you can get though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:36:37 PM EDT

I haven't seen my nieces husband since the incident.  My wife was down babysitting for them for the funeral on Monday.  Haven't heard what  the prick had either.

I do know sheriff Laney was pretty fired up about the bearcat.  As in it was indispensable.  Seems he has a difference of opinion with Obama and made it known in a couple interviews.  Glad he was my boss in the past.
View Quote

Laney is very fired up about it.  As much as I don't really agree with Laney on his 2A,  He is spot on about the Bearcat.  There was a LOT of shooting at officers.  The Bearcat was targeted and a couple cars were ventilated.  The prick was targeting the responding officers plain and simple.  

FWIW,  I haven't heard the fine details but,  I hear it was a rifle of some sort.  

I don't know how you feel about it,  but I think the Todd showed a lot of class by telling the community to step up and help the shooters wife and family too.  As they were victims too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:40:01 PM EDT

Laney is very fired up about it.  As much as I don't really agree with Laney on his 2A,  He is spot on about the Bearcat.  There was a LOT of shooting at officers.  The Bearcat was targeted and a couple cars were ventilated.  The prick was targeting the responding officers plain and simple.  

FWIW,  I haven't heard the fine details but,  I hear it was a rifle of some sort.  

I don't know how you feel about it,  but I think the Todd showed a lot of class by telling the community to step up and help the shooters wife and family too.  As they were victims too.
View All Quotes

I agree on supporting the shooters family.  My guess is there was a long history of abuse there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:41:35 PM EDT
Rest in peace, Officer Moszer.
Top Top