Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 10:09:10 AM EDT

Link

Officer Accused of Damaging Pro-Bush Cars
Associated Press  |  December 17, 2005

DENVER - The Air Force Reserve is discharging a lieutenant colonel accused of causing thousands of dollars in damage by defacing cars bearing pro-Bush bumper stickers, his lawyer and military officials confirmed Friday.

Lt. Col. Alexis Fecteau, a pilot with 500 combat hours in the first Persian Gulf War and the Balkans, was charged earlier by Denver prosecutors with felony criminal mischief.

He is accused of using paint stripper and grease to write a profanity about President Bush in 18-inch-high letters on cars at Denver International Airport that had bumper stickers supporting Bush and conservative talk-show host Rush Limbaugh.

Jim Miller, a spokesman for the Air Force Reserve Command at Robins Air Force Base, Ga., said the command plans to begin the process of giving Fecteau an administrative discharge. He said Fecteau does not face any military punishment.

Fecteau is charged with 13 counts of criminal mischief, five of them felonies because the damage to five vehicles was estimated at more than $500 each.

Police said the vehicles were damaged between January and July 2005 and that a "bait car" rigged with a video camera recorded Fecteau damaging a vehicle at the airport.

Fecteau's lawyer, Patrick Mulligan, gave a hint of what his defense might be, noting that Post Traumatic Stress Disorder could appear years after extremely stressful experiences, like flying in combat.

"There are millions of Americans who object to the war ... most of those millions of Americans didn't have, in addition, some of the combat experiences that Lt. Col. Fecteau and others had," he said.

Larry Whittemore of Pueblo, who said his Ford Expedition suffered nearly $2,500 damage, welcomed the news that Fecteau faces discharge, saying: "I don't think he is fit to be in the Air Force."

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Cigarette - check

Blindfold - check

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Now I must qualify my response by writing this; the finest individuals I have ever had the pleasure of holding discourse with either are, or at one time were, in US military service and I believe they represent the vast majority of the US armed forces. That being said, the few people I have met that made the worst impression of the human race in my memory are also involved in the US armed forces. These select few were supremely arrogant, excessively subborn, and uncommonly stupid. I have not found such a-holes anywhere in civilian life. I think the military infusion of confidence dispensed into a crappy individual breeds a new species of feces. I hope fortune eludes our perpetrator in civilian life.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I say we ship him off to Iraq, put him up in an A10 Wharthog, slap some "GW" bumper stickers on a bunch of insurgent's cars, then turn him loose.

Should work . . .

CMOS
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#4]
How about conduct unbecoming an officer??
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow.

This is like deja vu all over again.

I could have sworn I saw this last week in the HoH forum.

(Hey, it's not often I get to call a dupe!)
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I say we ship him off to Iraq, put him up in an A10 Wharthog, slap some "GW" bumper stickers on a bunch of insurgent's cars, then turn him loose.

Should work . . .

CMOS

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#8]
He falls under the Command I work for (HQ AFRC), last I heard he is being booted out but I haven't heard what kind of discharge he is recieving.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#9]
That's why I don't put BUSH stuff on my car.

LIBs are not mentally stabile, Cuz!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That's a good point. He's not going to make 0-6, that's for sure.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a good point. He's not going to make 0-6, that's for sure.

He should make O-1 just before he is discharged.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

What about the fucktards on here that boast about whacking their car door into vehicles with a Kerry sticker?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What about the fucktards on here that boast about whacking their car door into vehicles with a Kerry sticker?

Care to provide a link to such a post?  I don't recall ever reading that.

There are quite a few things I would LIKE to do to people I see with Kerry stickers, but common decency keep me from doing that.  That, plus the knowledge that I am a much better person than they are.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Wow.

And a very old one at that..........
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are quite a few things I would LIKE to do to people I see with Kerry stickers, but common decency keep me from doing that.  That, plus the knowledge that I am a much better person than they are.

Ain't ever seen that either.  I ain't ever seen anti-Kerry graffitti, but ton of Anti-Bush stuff.

There are still Kerry stickers plastered on stop signs around here.

There was a bunch of anti-Bush crap spraypainted all over the National park this summer.

It seems to me that the anti-Kerry folks show a bit more restraint by any measure.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#17]
All kidding aside, the guy must be diagnosably nuts.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Wow.

Old news. In fact, I sent it in last time. Maaaany months ago. The difference is now, the asshat lt col. got owned, big time.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer, more deserving guy...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Should work . . .

CMOS

How about instead we ship him to Iraq, slap some GW stickers on him, then dump him out of a C-130 over some terrorist rathole?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, tostito, where is that link?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, tostito, where is that link?

[crickets chirping]

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, I hope he spends "retirement" counting the money he AIN'T gonna get now. Maybe he can marry C. Shehag and commiserate together. I'd bet a paycheck he was a total ass while in. Oh, and I'll bet he isn't so big without an aircraft. I'd doubt if any airline would take someone with such unstable behavior. I hear sanitation engineer is a good career.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey....I posted this as I just got the story today via a Military.com email. I hadn't heard it before.

(Steve Martin)WELL.......EXCUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME!(Steve Martin)
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You may have read about people WANTING to do that but unlike Liberals, most here have better restraint.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should work . . .

CMOS

How about instead we ship him to Iraq, slap some GW stickers on him, then dump him out of a C-130 over some terrorist rathole?

What, will he self-detonate?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ no evidence given, in an oddly familiar manner
+ low postcount
x Compounded by not supporting this site (<I know, hypocritical, but I've been a member before if that helps)

=
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#27]
It is truly sad that a soldier got to the point where he felt the need to do this.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
He falls under the Command I work for (HQ AFRC), last I heard he is being booted out but I haven't heard what kind of discharge he is recieving.  

Big Chicken Dinner?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top