Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 9:09:32 AM EDT
One of our offices had some of the employees calling in fraudulent medications.  Mostly vicoden.  Its truly sad that they would risk losing their children for a few hundred dollars.  The most sad is the DEA who see this is as low priority and will not lift a finger to help.  Thank goodness for local LEOs that were willing to go to the plate.

On an interesting note, both the girls involved were white Christian women.  The two that were not involved were Muslim arab women.  I mention this because I think its important to not judge all people merely on their color or appearance and or religion.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, I usually think of script fraud as a white persons thing.

Don't know if that's accurate or not, but, it's just the first thing that pops
into my head.  I just assume people aren't drug users unless outward
appearance or behavior tells me different....Race isn't one of the determiners.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
One of our offices had some of the employees calling in fraudulent medications.  Mostly vicoden.  Its truly sad that they would risk losing their children for a few hundred dollars.  The most sad is the DEA who see this is as low priority and will not lift a finger to help.  Thank goodness for local LEOs that were willing to go to the plate.

On an interesting note, both the girls involved were white Christian women.  The two that were not involved were Muslim arab women.  I mention this because I think its important to not judge all people merely on their color or appearance and or religion.  

that sux.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#3]
ARDOC: That is unfortunate that the DEA is unable to help, but I think those folks have bigger fish to fry.  Drug abuse is a truely a scourge to our society.  I try to judge each person on their merits, like I would like other people to judge me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I mention this because I think its important to not judge all people merely on their color or appearance and or religion.  

A little reality check.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
ARDOC: That is unfortunate that the DEA is unable to help, but I think those folks have bigger fish to fry.  Drug abuse is a truely a scourge to our society.  I try to judge each person on their merits, like I would like other people to judge me.

Thats what everyone is saying.  That they have bigger fish.  But they have to start somewhere and if they cant catch big fish then they need to catch the little ones as well.  

Indeed, you have to not judge others until you really know them.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Well well well.  I just checked my messages on my phone and a DEA agent left her message.

I feel violated and want to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]

FLASH

How do you know that they are so close to Christ?  I claimed to be a karate expert to my peers once as a child, and even had some moves to fit the part - that didn't make me one.

Nevertheless, everyone makes mistakes, whether they are Islamic, Buddist, or yes - even Christian.  The difference is that Christ sacrificed himself so that we don't have to pay for those sins when it comes time to meet our maker.  If these women truly are believers in the Christ, then guess what, they will realize the err of their ways and their sins will truly be absolved if/when they ask for it.  This grace was given by God the Father for the whole world, should you seek it....

FLASH

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well well well.  I just checked my messages on my phone and a DEA agent left her message.

I feel violated and want to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.  

The DEA agent wanted some Vicodins too..........
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#9]
who were they calling them in for? themselves to sell, or clients who were kicking back to them?

the paper trail could only lead to one place

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

FLASH

How do you know that they are so close to Christ?  I claimed to be a karate expert to my peers once as a child, and even had some moves to fit the part - that didn't make me one.

Nevertheless, everyone makes mistakes, whether they are Islamic, Buddist, or yes - even Christian.  The difference is that Christ sacrificed himself so that we don't have to pay for those sins when it comes time to meet our maker.  If these women truly are believers in the Christ, then guess what, they will realize the err of their ways and their sins will truly be absolved if/when they ask for it.  This grace was given by God the Father for the whole world, should you seek it....

FLASH

Never said they were close to Christ.  Merely that they claim to be Christian.  Doesnt mean that they even go to church.  But one things she is Catholic enough that she is planning a communion for her daughter.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
who were they calling them in for? themselves to sell, or clients who were kicking back to them?

the paper trail could only lead to one place

media-cyber.law.harvard.edu/blogs/static/dowbrigade/rush.jpg

Yup they fucked up and got caught with another doc that gave them a job after we fired them.  They stole his script and wrote for some but they have a xerox of their license and video footage of them actually picking it up.

They are both single moms.  I dont understand why they would risk losing their kids over a few hundred dollars.  Most likely they were selling them because they came to work and did their jobs when the were there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top