Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2002 9:08:53 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#1]
That was my experience too, so I ordered directly from Oehler's in Austin.

Haven't had any problems with my 35P but figured if I did it would be easier returning it directly to the place I bought it.

Get a good tripod to mount the screens.  Sluggo let me use his Manfrotto 3205GN and it's rock steady.

Arock
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a $150 Manfrotto-Bogen tripod, but I don't want to use that...don't want any bullet holes in it [:D]

Thanks, Arock!
View Quote

Yeah, those are the one's.  Sluggo's was maybe $135 before tax.

SHIT BROU!!... I know you can hit a  18 inch triangle at 15 yards!  If you can't I'm not even shooting in the NEXT COUNTY!

[:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
SHIT BROU!!... I know you can hit a  18 inch triangle at 15 yards!  If you can't I'm not even shooting in the NEXT COUNTY!
View Quote

There are times that I'm gonna be testing for velocity at 150 yds or more (not often, but it's gonna happen)...can you ALWAYS be sure to hit a 18" triangle at that distance? [:D]
View Quote

I may reduce a skyscreen or two but NOT THE TRIPOD!

[:D]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#6]
This is a little off-topic, but how from the muzzle is muzzle velocity normally measured?
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is a little off-topic, but how from the muzzle is muzzle velocity normally measured?
View Quote

Oehler says ten feet in front of the muzzle.

Circumstances have dictated as far as ten yards for me.

Just try to be consistent.

Arock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top