Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 10/25/2013 6:47:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/25/2013 6:48:43 PM EST by Danj]
Buddy has an old email address he hasn't used for a few years. He gets an email on that account yesterday that he has just purchased football tickets from stub hub. He goes to the stub hub account and finds his account purchased like 600 bucks in tickets but someone payed for it with a linked Paypal account. It's not his account but some woman who lives in Texas with a bank account. Essentially someone purchased him tickets with their money.

Anyone have any insight as to what scam is being pulled? Are they using his stub hub account as one more layer of insulation and to make it harder for banks to track them / shut them down.

He's checked all his bank, credit card, and Paypal accounts as well as changed passwords and contacted stubhub and Paypal. There is no other odd activity anywhere else.

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:55:13 PM EST
Stubhub complaints

google them, too... they don't seem to be very reputable.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:36:46 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
Stubhub complaints

View Quote

I can't speak to the OP's issue, but I will back StubHub 100% of the time.

I bought tickets from them for a hockey game a few years back. On the glass. $65 a piece. Yes, $65 for glass. See the avatar, ok?? Apparently they were from a season ticket holder and apparently when you buy season tickets you can pay in installments. Even when you pay that way you are sent a booklet for ALL the tickets in your plan. Well I get to the game and the tickets won't scan. Go to the ticket office and it turns out dick head didn't pay for his tickets that I ended up buying on StubHub.

I called StubHub right then and there fully expecting to get the run around from some ass hole in Jalalabad. I was completely surprised and shocked. I was told that I would be refunded what I paid on StubHub PLUS what I had to pay to get into the game that night. So I ended up buying tickets in the same row for about $75 or so a piece at the ticket office. A couple days later I faxed copies of everything to StubHub and within a week I was COMPLETELY refunded for EVERYTHING, 100%. I spoke to three different people and never once did I get any grief.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:30:22 AM EST
Stubhub complaints

View Quote
The only time ive ever had my credit card info compromised the thief used it to purchase a thousand bucks in stubhub tickets.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:47:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By Danj:
The only time ive ever had my credit card info compromised the thief used it to purchase a thousand bucks in stubhub tickets.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Danj:
Stubhub complaints

So how is that StubHub's problem? They aren't responsible for the actions of a thief.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:45:08 PM EST
never had trouble with stubhub
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:06:00 PM EST
They're stealing money out of someone's PayPal account to purchase tickets essentially laundering it. They'll probably take the ticket and sell for cash somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:09:56 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:13:00 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:23:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By TREETOP:
They probably have a second account, "selling" themselves tickets that don't actually exist.
View Quote

That would make sense.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:35:46 PM EST
Maybe they just put in the wrong email address on stubhub.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:47:08 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:32:30 PM EST
Originally Posted By Foxxz:
Maybe they just put in the wrong email address on stubhub.
View Quote
Is it that easy?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:58:52 PM EST
Does someone want him out of the house so they can burgle it?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:18:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2013 5:19:00 PM EST by Danj]
Originally Posted By WindKnot1-1:
Does someone want him out of the house so they can burgle it?
View Quote
Nah probably not.

He's loosing his shit over this cause he thinks more is coming. I'm surprised he hasn't barricaded himself inside his home lol.
Top Top