Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2001 5:21:58 PM EDT
Any ideals what this stamp means?  Thanks, JC

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1058287&a=13653805&p=53139456[/img]

I am looking for definition on the smaller markings.
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
CIF is the Central Issue Facility of any given Army post, so it seems like in Panama they have their own way of tagging their equipment. Was this a normal BDU shirt, because normally you wouldn't get BDU's through CIF?
Link Posted: 8/19/2001 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
    The "WF6XTY" code that should identify the unit or post.  I used to handle DD-1348s for shipping & receiving, and that code would translate into a location and shipping address. I recall using micro-fiche to check the codes (yes, it's been a few years).

I'm pretty sure we're now completely out of Panama, so a current listing probably wouldn't show that code.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2001 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Holywood is correct, CIF is definitely "central issue facility".

My guess would be that these jungle BDU's were issued at Fort Sherman. Probably to those sent TDY to attend one of the various jungle courses at the Jungle Operations Training Center at Fort Sherman.

Since this was a "Joint Training Center" (Army, Air Force, Marines), there may have been a need to issue "loaner uniforms" for those attending courses who weren't issued these uniforms.

That's my guess. And since Fort Sherman was closed in 1999, it makes sense that these uniforms would have started showing up in various surplus stores etc.

DaMan
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Hollywood, yes, it is a standard BDU shirt.

Thanks all for the info guys, it was just one of those things you see and need to know...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top