Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 10:00:56 PM EDT
Everyone keeps talking about the October Surprise and we haven't had one.
My idea.
They have dumped all the dirt they have on George Bush, nothing more out there.  The DUI 3 days before the election was their best shot.  I don't think that helped them.  And they have attacked with everything they had for the past few months giving plenty of time for it to become "Old News".  Poor timing and heads will roll for it.

Karl Rove and company have an October Suprise.  But it is risky to use it.  It can backfire.  As long as Rove thinks that Bush will win without it, he won't use it.  I think the polls show that W is in a pretty good position right now.  The funny thing is that AFTER the election, they may dump it to weaken him and the democrats in the Senate.
opinions and assholes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
"worldnetdaily"

Reliable news or a tabloid?  Inquiring minds would like to know.

eta:  Looks like they've been running all the swiftees articles!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:02:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"worldnetdaily"

Well, if you consider the New York Times, CBS news, the Boston Globe and Los Angeles Times (among others) reliable news sources then I guess tabloids are what I prefer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Anti-Bush crank: "Bush is a space alien!  I have the memos that prove it!"

Dan Rather: "Memos?  Say no more! We'll devote all of 60 Minutes to it!"
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm waiting for the other 100 pages of Kerry's military records - including his original Other Than Honorable or Dishonorable discgarge - to come to light. I am almost certain they will come out.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"worldnetdaily"

Tabloid...

Drudge Report is the least 'questionable' out-of-mainstream 'net source... Most of the rest are 'out there'....
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#9]
In order to have an "October Surprise", there must be newsmedia willing to run with it.

NewsMax (for example) is full of potential anti-Kerry "October Surprise Material."  Don't hold your breath waiting to see it on CNN.

The Republican "October Surprise" is: no October Surprise.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#10]

I'm waiting for the other 100 pages of Kerry's military records - including his original Other Than Honorable or Dishonorable discgarge - to come to light. I am almost certain they will come out.

Don't think a dishonorable can be upgraded but then, political pressure IS an amazing thing!!

Something "less than honorable" is SURELY in those records or he would have released them to shut up the argument.

Doubt we will see it until after the election.  If he loses, we may NEVER see it.

What we SHOULD SEE is the bastard prosecuted for treason for his actions in Paris!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
"worldnetdaily"

RELIABLE NEWS SOURCE!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:58:37 PM EDT
[#13]
How this FUCK hasn't been arrested and tried for Sedition is beyond me.....

SEDITION ACT

Please, Please, God, Please save my country.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top