Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/14/2006 5:50:10 PM EDT
When feeling ill and being a bachelor with no care about “drinking from the carton”, do NOT just guess the dose of Nyquil you have dumped in your mouth.
They put the measuring cup there for a reason.  Use it.
The affects from last night, prompted me to use the measuring cup for tonight and the feel of one measured dose in my mouth tells me that last night I was at about 2.5-3 doses.

1. You cannot, under any circumstances, stay awake for more than an hour after taking 3 doses of Nyquil.  After about 30 minutes, you start to act as though you have had about 15 doses of Tequila, and have to crawl to the bed.

2. Any TV show is funny after 3 doses of Nyquil, especially while lying on the floor looking at the TV upside down, which somehow I wound up doing.

3. It is completely undetermined whether or not 3 doses of Nyquil really takes care of your symptoms, or you are just so doped up high that you simply don’t care if bits of lung are coming up when you clear your throat.

I took a carefully measured 1oz dose about 15 minutes ago, and get to am sleepy starting I.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#1]
So, you recommend this?  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
When feeling ill and being a bachelor with no care about “drinking from the carton”, do NOT just guess the dose of Nyquil you have dumped in your mouth.
The affects from last night, prompted me to use the measuring cup for tonight and the feel of one measured dose in my mouth tells me that last night I was at about 2.5-3 doses.

1. You cannot, under any circumstances, stay awake for more than an hour after taking 3 doses of Nyquil.  After about 30 minutes, you start to act as though you have had about 15 doses of Tequila, and have to crawl to the bed.

2. Any TV show is funny after 3 doses of Nyquil, especially while lying on the floor looking at the TV upside down, which somehow I wound up doing.

3. It is completely undetermined whether or not 3 doses of Nyquil really takes care of your symptoms, or you are just so doped up high that you simply don’t care if bits of lung are coming up when you clear your throat.

I took a carefully measured 1oz dose about 15 minutes ago, and get to am sleepy starting I.

You sir are a dumbass.  Do you realize what all that aceteminophen can do to your liver?  Wow.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]
[sniff] I'm getting ready for a shot myself[sniff]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sir are a dumbass.  Do you realize what all that aceteminophen can do to your liver?  Wow.

Yep.  After I read the lable.  After I took the crap.
Lesson learned.  Never again.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh. It just makes the blood come out of it. Who wants a bloody liver anyways.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like fun!  Thanks for the tip!

<off to swig some Nyquil>
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh,,,,, I've done it plenty of times.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#8]
3 big gulps.     yummy
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I took 2 doses one time, cuz I REALLY felt like crap, all it did was keep me awake though..
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Drink lots of water to flush your system.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a friend in high school (early 70's) that use to drink that stuff to get drunk/high.    It was somewhat funny, he was an exchange student from Germany, and he would start cussing and going off in German after a few doses.  

TC

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I took a huge dose of aceteminophen and called the poison center - they said the max dose per day is 4 grams...good thing...I only took 2g, although I am sure it is still not all that good for me to do that...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's a tip:

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT, take prescription strength Ibuprofen(like a dentist gives you after a root canal) and drink pop afterwards.  You'll feel weird.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Drink lots of water to flush your system.

Done and done.  Really.

I have drank at least a gallon of water today, and about a half gallon of OJ. 2 cups of herbal tea. And topped off with .25 gallons of milk mixed in a blender with 3 banannas.
Yesterday, before the Nyquil thing, I drank about a gallon of water and a gallon of OJ.

I have been pissing every 10 minutes for the last 12 hours.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I took a huge dose of aceteminophen and called the poison center - they said the max dose per day is 4 grams...good thing...I only took 2g, although I am sure it is still not all that good for me to do that...

oh good.  1oz Nyquil is 1 gram aceteminophen.  So I was under for the day.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#16]
IF memory serves, Nyquil is mostly alcohol - something like 80 proof.  I'm suprised you're not hung over.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
IF memory serves, Nyquil is mostly alcohol - something like 80 proof.  I'm suprised you're not hung over.

Nope.  10% by volume.  20 proof.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I did half a bottle once and it did nothing.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you mean tylenol, right?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#20]
No wonder I threw up on my door when I drank 3/4 of a bottle a few years ago. I won't even touch that crap now
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Acetaminophen (brand name Tylenol) will simply destroy your liver if you take an overdose.
Once it enters the blood stream there is no antidote.
After about 3-4 weeks you turn yellow and die.
Liver transplant is the only option.

I watched a teenage girl take an overdose a few years ago.  She called 911 the next morning and spent the next month in the hospital finishing the undertaking.  It was a 'cry for help', but there is no help for what she did.

There have been a number of warnings about acetaminophen and how common it has become in many OTC drugs.  It is not hard to go over the safe limit taking even a couple of different meds.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I can hold my liquor but NyQuil puts me down for like 12 hours
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I had a friend in high school (early 70's) that use to drink that stuff to get drunk/high.    It was somewhat funny, he was an exchange student from Germany, and he would start cussing and going off in German after a few doses.  

TC

Well...likely because Nyquil used to hav codine in it! We used to drink the whole bottle to get f'ed up....back in the days when I used to get f'ed up.

Back when they used codine in it you could get pretty messed up on the stuff!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Denis Leary's "No Cure For Cancer" has an excellent tribute to NyQuil.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I got hooked on nyquil about 2 years ago, I was drinking about 2 bottles a day. I'm still alive.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

NyQil NyQuil NyQuil we love you you giant fuckin Q!

ETA: It's the 13th fucking step! I'm high as a kite and my teeth are green, merry fuckin Christmas!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I like mixing it with metabolife! Its great for those BF2 game nights!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#29]
With flu is when I'm at my achiest;
The fever and chills make me shakiest.
If NyQuil I take,
On the floor I will wake,
For NyQuil is what makes me flakiest.

For me, NyQuil® is the Oh-My-God-What-Am-I-Doing-With-My-Head-On-The-Bathroom-Floor medicine.

No shit.. NyQuil will kick the shit out of you hands down.

DayQuil on the other hand christ, makes you feel cracked out then you get dehydrated and crash then you need to get more to keep moving.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:11:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I got hooked on nyquil about 2 years ago, I was drinking about 2 bottles a day. I'm still alive.

Wow!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:56:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what else did you take with it?  in my case i had taken some cough medicine and tylenol...turns out the cough medicine had a warning not to take along with other products with aceteminophen in it....that is because it had a shitload in it...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:01:25 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what else did you take with it?  in my case i had taken some cough medicine and tylenol...turns out the cough medicine had a warning not to take along with other products with aceteminophen in it....that is because it had a shitload in it...

The only other stuff I took was herbal.  No other aceteminophen products.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:08:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:32:13 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

For now.... Unfortunately, as has been said by others, all of that aceteminophen couldn't have
done your liver any good. Who knows what might pop up a few years from now.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#35]
NyQuil is a toxic cocktail. Acetaminophen + alcohol is a bad mix.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#36]
p
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Interesting "advise"

I think I'll stick with personal knowledge and experience and skip the iNet doctoring.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I like mixing it with metabolife! Its great for those BF2 game nights!!

Don’t forget the mandatory vegetable oil rubdown and tinfoil suit! Otherwise the flying monkeys will get you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Several years back I was traveling on business and got sick.  The last day of the trip I decided to get some cough syrup to help with my nagging cough.  Bought a bottle of Delsium (sp?) at the corner market on the way to the office.  The doseage was one teaspoon, I think.  Not having a teaspoon in the briefcase I just took what I thought was an appropiate swig.  BIG mistake.  For the next 8 hours I was walking on air thinking more about why it felt like I had a hat on than work.  Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Your sins are forgiven..."Go in Peace to love and serve the Lord"
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Your sins are forgiven..."Go in Peace to love and serve the Lord"

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
You guys think Nyquil is badass today?

You should have taken some back in the 60's when drugs were DRUGS!

didn't it used to have coedine in it or somesuch?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Any time I took Nyquil I would fall asleep pretty quick, but then toss-and-turn all night long with crazy dreams...

Bad stuff for me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:57:24 PM EDT
[#45]
A warm and fuzzy buzz from NyQuill is one of the true simple pleasures in life.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#46]
What??
No one has said to chug a bottle of 'tussen yet?
Nyquil is kids stuff, like alergy medicine.
Robotussen will make you TRIP.

That is what you learn when teaching todays youth.
Great huh?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Damn someone beat me to it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
A warm and fuzzy buzz from NyQuill is one of the true simple pleasures in life.

+1
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#49]
robotrippin
brothers friend died doing that in high school. i guess you cant drink 2 bottles in one night.

the funny thing with the acetaminophen is your body will sorta build a tolerance to it. thats why the people hooked on percocet and vicodin are still kickin.

i like the nyquil get caps if i am sick.
if i want to sleep i have ambien, those tiny pills work wicked fast. if i take one i better be near my bed or end up sleeping where i land.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
What??
No one has said to chug a bottle of 'tussen yet?
Nyquil is kids stuff, like alergy medicine.
Robotussen will make you TRIP.

That is what you learn when teaching todays youth.
Great huh?

they both contain the same active ingredient, Dextromethorphan

if you must absolutely fill some need to go robotripping, please find a product that contains Dextromethorphan only and no Acetaminophen or Guaifenesin so you don't kill yourself in the process....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top