Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/3/2003 8:47:03 AM EDT
Dunno if this is possible, but I'll ask anyway... Suppose I have 2 web pages, and I have to scroll down in page 1 to get to the link to page 2. Suppose page 2 has a "back" button to return to page 1 using a standard xxx construct. This will always return to the top of page 1. How do I return to the scrolled position on page 1?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:05:43 AM EDT
Use the "Back" button on your browser. If you are writing this code, you could put a tag in the text and have the "Return to Page One" hyperlink return to that tagged position. it would look like this: And on page one, right above the code for the link to page 2, put ... to label that spot. You could stack the label with your link, for example: go to page 2 HTH Scott
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:09:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:46:02 AM EDT
You can access browser history through javascript by creating another button or hyperlink that has a history.back command. < INPUT TYPE="button" value="Back" Name="Back" onClick="history.back()" > < INPUT TYPE="button" value="Fwd" Name="Forward" onClick="history.forward()" >
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:07:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:22:37 AM EDT
It's a lifestyle. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:30:48 AM EDT
Thanks, gents. onClick="history.back()" seems to have the desired behavior. Now how do I get the friggin' mouse cursor to switch to the hand pointer? I'm sure it's something like onMouseOver="switch the damn cursor, will you?" But I'll be damned if I can find it documented anywhere. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:40:42 AM EDT
Or for those who are greatly annoyed by the Go Back function, like me, cause most likely I came to your Page 2 via a search engine, just place an #anchor at the bottom of Page 1, and link to there:
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:27:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By marvl: Thanks, gents. onClick="history.back()" seems to have the desired behavior. Now how do I get the friggin' mouse cursor to switch to the hand pointer? I'm sure it's something like onMouseOver="switch the damn cursor, will you?" But I'll be damned if I can find it documented anywhere. Thanks.
View Quote
put a style='cursor:hand' in your tag
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:17:25 PM EDT
Thanks again, gents. I gotta tell ya, web page coding reminds me of politics in the Balkans. Here I am writing PHP to generate HTML that contains Javascript, CSS, and a dash of XHTML. About half of HTML's features are deprecated or dropped in XHTML in favor of CSS, but what's a little deprecation among friends? [;D] And I thought the K&R style wars were a big deal. [:D]
Top Top