Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/7/2004 9:08:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/7/2004 9:10:51 PM EST by FLAL1A]
This is what annoys me most on an ongoing basis. These lowlife pieces of feces who are entirely oblivious to the fact that other sentient beings walk the earth. Who are they and what do they do?

1. When you attempt to exit an elevator, they are standing exactly in front of the seam between the two doors, stunned at the fact that there are PEOPLE ON the elevator! When the doors open they gasp, but remain firmly planted in place until you, the occupant of the elevator, point out that they can't get on until you get off. Then they get huffy.

2. When you are riding on an elevator, two people talk to one another. The elevator reaches Oblivious Person #1's floor before he or she has concluded an important conversation with another elevator occupant. What does Oblivious Person #1 do? Why, he holds the Goddamned door open, taking all occupants of the elevator hostage until the conversation is concluded.

3. Oblivious person in a public place walks in direction A, while his or her stupid damned face is pointed in direction A + 30 to 180 degrees.

4. In a movie or concert hall, two or more oblivious people are struck by a matter of some urgency, such as "Is Ginny really going to wear a white wedding dress" or "My God, did you see how big Larry's ass looked in that kilt," with the result that they must converse during the presentation for which the crowd gathered and probably paid good money. People say "Shhhhhh!" but the OPs don't realize it's aimed at them. Eventually you say "Please be quiet," and they glare at you but continue talking; when they persist in yacking, you say "Shut up, get out, or fight." They storm out in a huff, your wife/girlfriend crawls under the seat, and you missed most of the movie/concert anyway.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? WHY ISN'T THERE A BOUNTY ON THEM?
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:15:53 PM EST
I feel the same way whenever people park their cars right in the middle of the road in order to have a conversation with a bystander. People do this all the time in Tallahassee...I get stuck behind them at least 3 times a week. They just stop their car and their friend walks up to the driver's side window to talk to them. It's especially great when they do it in a parking lot. I park my car in a spot, run into a store, and I come out to find that some asshat has stopped his car right behind mine in order to talk to someone. I try to give them the hint by slowly backing up until I'm an inch away from their car. They just turn and look at me, give me an irritated look, and continue talking.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:18:16 PM EST
I expect one thing is a lack of people who let them know they are being assholes. Alot of people now feel they are special and they are better then other people, they should even be put ahead on appoitments becuase thier situation is diffrent.

Letting these people know that they are being a problem will help stop them. In situation number 4 I normally perfer something like "why dont you go and hang yourself, do the world a favor".
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:19:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By CloningBagels:
I feel the same way whenever people park their cars right in the middle of the road in order to have a conversation with a bystander. People do this all the time in Tallahassee...I get stuck behind them at least 3 times a week. They just stop their car and their friend walks up to the driver's side window to talk to them. It's especially great when they do it in a parking lot. I park my car in a spot, run into a store, and I come out to find that some asshat has stopped his car right behind mine in order to talk to someone. I try to give them the hint by slowly backing up until I'm an inch away from their car. They just turn and look at me, give me an irritated look, and continue talking.

They do there here in Augusta too. They even do it on smaller streets and block both lanes. I lay on the horn, then when they move, keep the horn on them for about another 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:20:13 PM EST
If you just keep walking, people will get out of your way.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:20:25 PM EST
1. People in the grocery store stand in the middle of the aisle, either just zoning out or talking on a cell phone. Get out of the traffic lanes, you idiots!

2. People who have no idea how a four way stop works.

3. People who have loud conversations in a library like they believe the rest of the world wants to hear what they have to say. Earth to moron: Nobody gives a shit. Quiet down.

4. Liberals. But that's another thread entirely.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:24:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By bastiat:
1. People in the grocery store stand in the middle of the aisle, either just zoning out or talking on a cell phone. Get out of the traffic lanes, you idiots!

2. People who have no idea how a four way stop works.

3. People who have loud conversations in a library like they believe the rest of the world wants to hear what they have to say. Earth to moron: Nobody gives a shit. Quiet down.

4. Liberals. But that's another thread entirely.

#4!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:24:38 PM EST
As a public service to give people an incentive to leave the elevator as soon as possible, I routinely pass gas before stepping out onto my floor.

Peace be with you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:25:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/7/2004 9:26:48 PM EST by raven]
One time this woman checkout clerk decided to have a conversation with another customer about politics or something. She was blabbing on "It's like my husband says, we should fix America first before we worry about the rest of the world, blah blah blah"

After about a minute of listening to "America first" but very little checkout activity I interjected and said "How about customer service first?" The two jerks glared at me like I was the asshole here, interrupting their conversation.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:25:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:
This is what annoys me most on an ongoing basis. These lowlife pieces of feces who are entirely oblivious to the fact that other sentient beings walk the earth. Who are they and what do they do?

1. When you attempt to exit an elevator, they are standing exactly in front of the seam between the two doors, stunned at the fact that there are PEOPLE ON the elevator! When the doors open they gasp, but remain firmly planted in place until you, the occupant of the elevator, point out that they can't get on until you get off. Then they get huffy.

2. When you are riding on an elevator, two people talk to one another. The elevator reaches Oblivious Person #1's floor before he or she has concluded an important conversation with another elevator occupant. What does Oblivious Person #1 do? Why, he holds the Goddamned door open, taking all occupants of the elevator hostage until the conversation is concluded.

... We call 'em "Damn flatlanders" around these parts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:44:30 PM EST
My mom has a name for these people, she call's them $50 people. When I was a kid she made up a story about how they are paid $50 every time they make a spectacle, get in the way, or whatever it is they do to cause problems. It is especially bad back home when college starts or on game day.

I was just discussing the other day with a friend.
"What did all the cell phone-talking and driving drivers do before they had cell phones, sit at home and talk on the phone?"
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:44:57 AM EST
1. Stopping in stairways to talk and blocking others from getting through.

2. ZOOMING around the flashing stop sign sticking out the side of the school bus my kid just got off.

I had a neighbor who stopped in the street in front of his own yard to talk with the dude across the street. They both looked at me, then went back to talking. I waited a little longer, then drove through the guy's yard to get to my house 100' away.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:54:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By CloningBagels:

You must be from out of town, probably up north. This is how we do things in Tallahassee, don't like it? You are welcome to leave. It's a Southern town with Southern values, and we don't take kindly to big-city hurry-up kind of attitudes. I'm a Tallahassee-an born and raised, and now that I'm in the occupied south Florida I miss Tally terribly.

If you'd act like a human being, and simply walk up to them in the parking lot and say politely "would you mind moving your car? I'm parked right behind you and can't get out" you'd find that most people would happily oblige.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:48:16 PM EST
Here is one from my field of work.

"MY ICEMAKER DOESNT MAKE ICE!!! I NEED ICE FOR MY PARTY THIS WEEKEND"

so I open the door and there is NO REFRIGERATION AT ALL!!

so I ask "Ma'am, did you notice that the freezer isnt even cold?"

Her response..."Oh yeah well, that is secondary to me... my MAIN thing is I NEED ICE!!!"

Without refrigeration... THERE IS NO ICE!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then we get the ones that yell and scream that they have no refrigeration, you open the door and the lights arent working.... Hmmm. Have you tried plugging the refrigerator in?

And they have the nerve to ask... "You arent gonna charge me a service call for that are you?"

BET YOUR ASS I AM!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUT THE BEST OF THEM ALL IS:

guy is pissed that all the drinks in his bar refrigerator keep freezing even on the lowest setting. I go to tell him that "well sir, Its supposed to freeze because...." With that said he doesnt let me finish my sentence and mind you he has his daughter's basketball team in the house so there are about 12 girls (about 18 years old)

This guy unleashes a wrath of yelling and screaming like a little bitch on how he paid a lot of money for this frige and I am to REMOVE it from his house immediately!!

I ask him "Can I finish my sentence sir?"

Arrogantly he fires back "WHAT?"

"It freezes because you bought a freezer...see the icemaker in it?"

ALL the girls start busting out laughing!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, oblivious people piss me off too!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:59:05 PM EST
As a Jacksonvillian, I am proud to say that my town is composed of an inordinate amout of oblivious people. Sometimes I think 'they' put stupid in the water here, much like they do with flouride up north. A fine example comes from this evening, where I walk into the restroom of the bar I am at, only to find a guy urinating in the sink. His response to my look of startled confusion? "I didn't want to wait, dude."
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:02:23 PM EST
DdFridge reply sounds alike alot of stuff I have had to deal with. A personal favorite from a friend who worked matience was people who call up at 4am for plumbing problems when they flushed jackets, pants, towels and ham bones down thier toilets. They didnt feel they did anything wrong and were pissed when the apaptment complex charged them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:10:08 PM EST
I worked a higher class restaurant post tonight.
Somebody drove a late '60s Pontiac 440, and had it valet parked. It sat there for several hours.
About 10pm, some woman (obviously an out-of-towner; found out in short order that she was from NY) came up and started talking about how it should be towed and that it had been there too long, etc.
Then she opened the passenger side door on this car that wasn't hers, started fingerfucking the leather seats while commenting that there was a stick on the floorboard.
She had a nice body but a really grating accent and attitude. Very oblivious.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:36:35 PM EST
How bout when some clod parks at the rear most gas pump,leaving 2 or 3 unused ahead of em and no way to get there?

I pulled in behind this clown the other day in this very situation.Guy was sitting in his rig,sitting in his rig,and sitting in his rig some more...for a minute or two.I assumed he was gettin his shit together to take off.Then he steps out and starts diggin in his pocket for his credit card...not a care in the world...This dicks just getting started.

Guess it was too much for him to pull forward a few feet so someone else could use the gas station.I did a lap around the parking lot so I could back into the pump in front of him.

People are friggin nuts.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:39:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By byron2112:
How bout when some clod parks at the rear most gas pump,leaving 2 or 3 unused ahead of em and no way to get there?

I pulled in behind this clown the other day in this very situation.Guy was sitting in his rig,sitting in his rig,and sitting in his rig some more...for a minute or two.I assumed he was gettin his shit together to take off.Then he steps out and starts diggin in his pocket for his credit card...not a care in the world...This dicks just getting started.

Guess it was too much for him to pull forward a few feet so someone else could use the gas station.I did a lap around the parking lot so I could back into the pump in front of him.

People are friggin nuts.

Sometimes I have to park with the front of my car sticking way our or kinda blocking a 2nd pump. Both of my cars I have to fill up at the back center and short gas hoses dont like reaching them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:58:23 PM EST
I live in Los Angeles, where do I start?

CW
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:59:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By Taxman:

People are friggin nuts.

Sometimes I have to park with the front of my car sticking way our or kinda blocking a 2nd pump. Both of my cars I have to fill up at the back center and short gas hoses dont like reaching them.

You also need to fill up in the back of the car? It takes getting used to and yes its bitch since most gas stations have short gas hoses.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:01:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mmanwitgun:

Originally Posted By Taxman:

You also need to fill up in the back of the car? It takes getting used to and yes its bitch since most gas stations have short gas hoses.

Yes 78 trans am and 95 Impala, the Impala is the real pain, I can deal with the TA but in it I just wait until I have alot of space to get it in.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:50:53 PM EST
When I go to baseball games, I dislike it very much when someone talking on a cell phone stands up to block my view and begins waiving as if the tv camera is going to zoom right in so they can be on t.v. It wouldn't care if they would wait to do this in between innings when nothing is happening on the field, but of course they have to pull the shit right when the ball is in play. One dickhead pulled this crap the other night and thought it would be cute to stand all night. When people told him to sit his ass down he flipped everyone off. That guy didn't realize how lucky he was when security carted him off of stadium property, because a big biker looking guy was getting ready to deck him.

Another pisser are people that are inconsiderate and have kids with them! I went to one game were this guy brought his 2 little hellspawn brats and all they did was scream and cry "I WANT COTTON CANDY! BUY ME SOMETHING!". When it was clear that they weren't getting anything, they went into full tantrum mode complete with kicking the seats in front of them- the same damn seats we were sitting in. I kept turning around and giving the dad dirty looks, but he wouldn't do shit to control his fricking kids.

Then there are the people I call "why the fuck are you even at a baseball game" group. They always arrive in groups of at least 4 to talk to each other and are completely oblivious to the game taking place. Where I sit, I have to turn to the right to see home plate so when these idiots lean forward or sit side saddle so they can see each other to blab it blocks my view completely. If you want to hold a goddamned meeting, go to a fucking conference room or a bar. I didn't pay good money just to see someone's back for 3 hours.

Peace be with you.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:51:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/8/2004 10:52:17 PM EST by RealFastV6]
Please refer to the thread about Duels.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:03:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By Imbroglio:
Another pisser are people that are inconsiderate and have kids with them! I went to one game were this guy brought his 2 little hellspawn brats and all they did was scream and cry "I WANT COTTON CANDY! BUY ME SOMETHING!". When it was clear that they weren't getting anything, they went into full tantrum mode complete with kicking the seats in front of them- the same damn seats we were sitting in.

And why do the little darlings do this? Because the parents cave to it often enough to make it worthwhile. If they knew that the result of a tantrum was a beating, they wouldn't throw tantrums.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:30:56 AM EST

Oblivious People

I'm with ya ! I see 'em in GD every day !
Kill them ! Kill them all ! Kill everybody !

Shoot ! I did it again ! Right answer, wrong thread !
Oh, hell, it don't matter ! That comment fits 99% of the posts in GD and it puts me in complete agreement with everybody else here which is most important.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:57:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/9/2004 8:09:05 AM EST by Duffy]
I hate people.

Some butthole parked his car on the red zone to get his mail, I had to swerve to go around him. I shook my head as I drove by. The jackass had the nerve to come up to me as I was walking to my place to tell me how displeased he was that I shook my head. I told him he was in my way and he wasn't supposed to park there, an argument followed. I guess he wants to inconvenience other people and expects them to like it.

Just two days ago these couple was jaywalking. I'd have no problem if they used the designated crossing section, but they didn't, instead they crossed wherever was convenient for them and expected everyone to stop for them. So I let them cross. As I drove by I gunned my engine, the guy gave me the finger. I stuck my hand out of the sun roof and gave it back to him, in the rear view mirror I saw him raise both arms as if to say "WTF", wish I could turn around and ram him, but being in jail for this moron isn't my idea of revenge. I think the law says it doesn't matter where people cross, cars must stop for them until they've completely crossed the street, it seems to be a typical stupid law. I've seen a dozen cars stop on a busy street to let ONE person through, what's the sense in that?

When I retire I want to be far away from everyone. Until proven otherwise, they're stupid and selfish.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:02:41 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:21:35 AM EST
I just remembered another OBLIVIOUS BITCH when you guys brought up the gas pump. (Does that make ME oblivious because I forgot?...anyway) I am at the gas pump and this woman is ont the other side of the gas island. Problem is the side that you fill up the gas on her car is on the OPPOSITE side of her car. OK... honest mistake. SO she gets in her car and U TURNS it to the other side of the pump island. Leaving her gas access ONCE AGAIN... opposite side of her car. My buddy that was with me says... "check out this dumb bitch"

With that I start laughing my ass off. She sees I am laughing... AT HER and gets all bothered.

[liberal-mind-speak]Its the corporate world that designs these cars to embarass the people[/liberal-mind-speak]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:26:39 AM EST
Why should I have to do that when the dumbasses should not be behaving like they are in the first place?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:31:45 AM EST
Why should I have to do that when the dumbasses should not be behaving like they are in the first place?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:40:22 AM EST
The elevator thing really pisses me off. I have had a bunch of people get on an elevator lately before I can get off. Simple solution. I am a big guy so it makes this easy. I just stand right in front of the elevator doors when it gets to my floor. When the doors open, I am coming out. I have come nose to nose with more than one person this week using this technique. Needless to say, it startles the shit out of them but they are more than likely too stupid to get the point and continue to rush the elevator.

This thread reminds me that there are other like me out there. I have considered carrying OC grendades or a paintball gun in my car to handle infractions as I see fit but I really don't feel like going to jail anytime soon. I can only assume that the idiots have always been out there, now they are just better equipped with SUVs and cell phones.

I have seriously considered getting a cell phone jammer. If anybody "knows someone"who has one, I would love to hear if they work or not.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:54:44 AM EST

Being a big bigger than the average bear the law of gross tonage pervails. I start moving and they better get out of the way.

I'm rarely on an elevator anyway but I would just say "Do you mind" and point the second guy out of the elevator car.

3. Oblivious person in a public place walks in direction A, while his or her stupid damned face is pointed in direction A + 30 to 180 degrees.

It's amazing how hard you can hit someone with a short thrust. You have teh advantage of getting them not looking so the unprotected and softer places of thier body work best.

4. In a movie or concert hall, two or more oblivious people are struck by a matter of some urgency, such as "Is Ginny really going to wear a white wedding dress" or "My God, did you see how big Larry's ass looked in that kilt," with the result that they must converse during the presentation for which the crowd gathered and probably paid good money. People say "Shhhhhh!" but the OPs don't realize it's aimed at them. Eventually you say "Please be quiet," and they glare at you but continue talking; when they persist in yacking, you say "Shut up, get out, or fight." They storm out in a huff, your wife/girlfriend crawls under the seat, and you missed most of the movie/concert anyway.

Again, I don't go to the public movies - DVD and satellite are your friend. I sometimes go to the drive-ins with Mrs. Paul. At a concert I would attend you wouldn't be able to hear yourself anyway.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE? WHY ISN'T THERE A BOUNTY ON THEM?

Manners.

Moms raise their own kids ... just until they're old enough to warehouse in day care and then off to school and then on to after school progams. They don't give two shiites about the way their children act because they are never with them - they don't attend church (heavens forbid!) and would rather have their kids running loose (not lose) on the streets or watching M-TV leaning how to be a banger. When the now wild boy - or girl - start growing a pair they rebel against the already weak mother - there is no father to hold a strong grip on the punks and there you have it - anti-social/non-social mannerless selfish sociopaths running loose. If they're under 18 the schools teach them that an adult isn't to be feared and if they so much as raise their voices to you the proper thing to do is turn them into the police for child abuse . These punks vote, own guns, drive cars ....

The children that come to my temple are sweet, polite, honest, and caring. They know manners and have respect for adults. Religion and parents make for better citizens.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:56:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By Paul:
Religion and parents make for better citizens.

Amen to that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:01:16 AM EST
Most people aren't worth two squirts of piss.

How about the asshats who get to the top or bottom of the escalator and stop as soon as they step off? Trying to figure out which way they're going while the dozen people behind them pile up and crash into them. Morons, all of them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:47:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By Paul:
<SNIP>
Being a big bigger than the average bear the law of gross tonage pervails. I start moving and they better get out of the way.
<SNIP>

I'm a REALLY SMALL guy... However, if the guy blocking said elevator is in front of me, I can either slip past him, or if that's not convenient, I ask him to move. If he does not, I pause a moment, then walk right at him, step on his foot & bump into him in one swift motion. He falls over with at WTF look on his face...

I've done this to a 300+ lbs man once who was literally blocking the door while elevator conversing in downtown MPLS with a buddy.

THE LAW OF GROSS TONAGE ONLY APPLIES IF THEY CAN STAY ON THEIR FEET...

Once their off balance & falling, they're just dead weight.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:25:00 PM EST
You sir, are the "clod". How does the first guy know which side the next customer's gas tank fill is on? If he were to pull all the way forward and someone had a filler on the other side, then with your logic he was blocking them from the other pumps.

People are friggin nuts.

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:34:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By mikejohnson:
You sir, are the "clod". How does the first guy know which side the next customer's gas tank fill is on? If he were to pull all the way forward and someone had a filler on the other side, then with your logic he was blocking them from the other pumps.

People are friggin nuts.

Don't drink and post.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 3:59:15 PM EST
I was just thinking about this very subject as I sat in an over crowded buffet this evening. There were many families with small kids. A lot of the the "parents" completely ignored their kids allowing them to run all over the place, getting in people's way and make messes.

Another thing that bothers me is when 2 or more people are walking down a hallway talking, why must they walk side-by-side taking up the entire width of the hall? I usually have to turn sideways to squeeze by. About a week ago, I decided to stop doing that. I figure at least half the hallway is designed for opposite traffic. I usually stiffen up my left shoulder and ram into the person on the end. Of course I get stupid comments and looks. I usually have a nice smile after I pass.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:02:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By USPC40:
when 2 or more people are walking down a hallway talking, why must they walk side-by-side taking up the entire width of the hall?

Because most people rather talk to a face than to an ass?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:35:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/9/2004 4:38:42 PM EST by BobP]

I have a gas pump story. I go to a gas station near my house one day and fill
up. I notice one of the pumps has an 8.5x11 inch sign "OUT OF ORDER", can't
miss it. It's the second pump as you pull through.

Later that same day I fill up my other car and pull in stopping at the first pump,
the pump ahead of me is the disabled pump.
I start to run my card through the reader when some guy comes up to me and
chews me outfor being rude to not pull all of the way forward. I nicely tell him
to look at the sign
on the pump, and ask him if he wants to use that pump. He sees the sign and
apologizes. Most of the people in the other cars were giving me dirty looks for
not pulling ahead,at least I hope that's what the looks were about.

So now I'm taking the nozzle to my car when this "lady" gets out of
the car behind me and angrily starts in on me. She tells me she's a manager at
the gas station and she can't believe how inconsiderate I am and how it pisses
her off to see people like me do this to other people. Dumbfounded I reply "Are
YOU stupid?" I didn't intend to be mean, I just couldn't believe a manager would
berate a paying customer like that. My reply did surprise her to say the least.
She starts in on me again so I told her I've spent far too much time educating
morons that day to educate another one and then start pumping my gas. Then I
tell her to follow me and show her the sign on the disabled pump. She quietly
goes back to her car.
Oh, and she was working that morning the first time I filled up so she did know
about the pump.

[Edit: fixed tpyo and formatting]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:48:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By Kar98:

when 2 or more people are walking down a hallway talking, why must they walk side-by-side taking up the entire width of the hall?

Because most people rather talk to a face than to an ass?

Why do they need to look at each other in the first place? They should be watching were they are walking. I have no problem talking to someone walking in front of me. I don't see it as talking to their ass.

Oh, and that brings up another point. Whey do certain groups of people have to talk so freakin' loud when 2 or more of them get together. I mean, damn, they're right next to each other. At work, I can hear conversations from the other end of the hall.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:51:06 PM EST
I do have to say, I really don't see any reason to get upset because people 'can't park their vehicle properly at the gas pump'. I had cars ranging in length between 3½ and 5½ meters, with the gas filler cap located just about everywhere, including under the front hood and behind the rear license plate. Sometimes I /do/ forget to pull forward all the way, or even on which side of the vehicle the filler cap is.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:54:37 PM EST

Why do they need to look at each other in the first place?

Because the gargling, wheezing and belching coming out of human faces are only part of the concept "speech". Mimic, gesturing and establishing a mental rapport are even more important.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:04:01 PM EST
I like the assboats that have to get to work early to park in the front row of parking places, then think that THEIR car is so special it deserves two (or sometimes three) places of its own, so they angle the damn things.

Meanwhile, there are entire rows (rows and rows) of empty spots towards the back of the lot. If its that damned special and you're that damned worried about it, either leave it at home in the garage or park further out!

The one's just walking around in a daze are the worst though. I had a woman come out of the aisle at the grocery store the other day like there was no one else in the place but her. She is staring everywhere, including BEHIND her, except for where she was going. I was trying to get into the next aisle. I stopped so she could wander cluelessly out of my way. So what does she do? She STOPS right in the damned way trying to figure out where to go. There was just enough room to still slide in so I begin forward progress AGAIN. What does she do? Rolls forward. So, I stop AGAIN. Then she looks at me like she just realized there was other people around. HELLO. So, I motion for her to go ahead. She STOPS! I finally turned and doubled back the other damn way just to get away from her. Of course, I had to ask her if she was high first before leaving.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:27:27 PM EST
I can't stand the people that crowd the luggage carousel at the airport. It's almost like they think if they stand really close their bags will come out first. I've always hated airline travel for several reasons, and about the only joy I get is pushing these people out of the way to get my bags, then whacking them in the leg with my 100lb suitcase as I turn around.

I think the airports should paint a white line 6-8 feet from the edge of the carousel. Anyone who stands closer than that line, and isn't in the process of picking up a bag, needs to be smacked with a stick by a little old German guy with a funny hat. The funny hat would let him get away with a lot more than anyone else could.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:32:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By Kar98:

Why do they need to look at each other in the first place?

Because the gargling, wheezing and belching coming out of human faces are only part of the concept "speech". Mimic, gesturing and establishing a mental rapport are even more important.

They can save that for when they get to their final destination and out of my way.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:44:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By Duffy:
Just two days ago these couple was jaywalking. I'd have no problem if they used the designated crossing section, but they didn't, instead they crossed wherever was convenient for them and expected everyone to stop for them. So I let them cross. As I drove by I gunned my engine, the guy gave me the finger. I stuck my hand out of the sun roof and gave it back to him, in the rear view mirror I saw him raise both arms as if to say "WTF", wish I could turn around and ram him, but being in jail for this moron isn't my idea of revenge. I think the law says it doesn't matter where people cross, cars must stop for them until they've completely crossed the street, it seems to be a typical stupid law. I've seen a dozen cars stop on a busy street to let ONE person through, what's the sense in that?

Funny story about jaywalking. My mom works at a very upscale corporate law firm. Years ago when they were downtown, they were directly across the street from Peachtree Center (a mall like complex with a food court). The problem was it was half a block either way to the nearest corner to cross.

One of her bosses (an attorney who was making 6 figures) runs out to lunch on day. He doesn't want to go ALL THE WAY to the corner to cross, so he jaywalks right across Peachtree St. He gets hit by some junker mobile and gets his leg broken. To top it off (insult on top of injury), the driver of the junker SUES him (an attorney) for mental duress and wins a couple of $K.

When I retire I want to be far away from everyone. Until proven otherwise, they're stupid and selfish.

I here you on that one. We could be neighbors. Only, we have to be like 3 miles away.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:45:49 PM EST
Two miles an hour slower than the speed limit while driving in the passing lane.

Got a ticket for passing on the right once. So, if there's a car going 40 in the passing lane of a 55 MPH highway, by law, all the traffic on that highway must slow to 40 MPH. Wanna guess how many tickets are written for too slow in the passing lane?

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:53:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By tax_monster:
I can't stand the people that crowd the luggage carousel at the airport. It's almost like they think if they stand really close their bags will come out first. I've always hated airline travel for several reasons, and about the only joy I get is pushing these people out of the way to get my bags, then whacking them in the leg with my 100lb suitcase as I turn around.

I think the airports should paint a white line 6-8 feet from the edge of the carousel. Anyone who stands closer than that line, and isn't in the process of picking up a bag, needs to be smacked with a stick by a little old German guy with a funny hat. The funny hat would let him get away with a lot more than anyone else could.

Got so tired of post 9/11 travel and the selfish asses in the airports, I quit and took a pay cut NOT to travel any more.

The worst was (I saw this with my own eyes) when I watched a lady get on a plane, put her carry on in the overhead (which was then full) and closed the overhead. She takes her seat and starts reading. A guy runs on at the last minute. By then, ALL the overheads anywhere near his seat are full. He arbitrarily picks on to open and removes a random bag (which happened to be the above lady), places it in the floor, puts his in, and sits down.

The lady sees her bag just sitting in the floor (same bag she earlier placed in the overhead). She says "excuse me, but that is my bag" to mr. late man. He proceeds to start yelling at her. WTF? "That's too big! You should have never been allowed to bring that on!" What as asswipe. Some other guy gets up, takes the butt heads bag out and puts her bag back in the overhead. Butthead sees gentleman #2 doing this and stands up to say something. Gentleman #2 shoves the bag into buttheads chest, knocking him back into the seat, and says "You might want to fasten your seat belt!" Butthead never moved.

After takeoff, I told the stewardess to tell gentleman #2 he had a free drink, compliments of someone who appreciated what he did.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:56:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By thompsondd:
The worst was (I saw this with my own eyes) when I watched a lady get on a plane, put her carry on in the overhead (which was then full) and closed the overhead. She takes her seat and starts reading. A guy runs on at the last minute. By then, ALL the overheads anywhere near his seat are full. He arbitrarily picks on to open and removes a random bag (which happened to be the above lady), places it in the floor, puts his in, and sits down.

Holy Shit!!!!! That is over the top.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top