Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2008 5:57:51 AM EDT
Hitting all the presses now.

http://news.google.com/?ncl=1272753354&hl=en&topic=h

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNews/World/Story/STIStory_305231.html
WASHINGTON - US TELEPHONE operator Verizon Wireless has acknowledged that some of its employees accessed President-elect Barack Obama's mobile phone records without authorisation.

'This week we learned that a number of Verizon Wireless employees have, without authorisation, accessed and viewed President-elect Barack Obama's personal cell phone account,' the company said in a statement released late on Thursday.

'All employees who have accessed the account - whether authorised or not - have been put on immediate leave, with pay,' Verizon said.

As an investigation determines the circumstances under which each employee accessed the records, those who opened them improperly 'will face appropriate disciplinary action,' it said.

'We apologise to President-elect Obama and will work to keep the trust our customers place in us every day.' The company which claims nearly 71 million customers said the Obama account had been inactive for months, and that no e-mails or other data was accessed as the phone was a flip-phone and not a so-called smartphone.

The security breach was revealed as reports have emerged that Mr Obama, characterised as an avid Blackberry user, would likely be forced to give up his smartphone before he becomes president due to security concerns.

In March Mr Obama and Hillary Clinton, at the time locked in a battle for the Democratic Party nomination, learned that their passport files were improperly accessed by employees in the US State Department. Mr Obama described the violation as 'deeply disturbing.' Two State Department contractors were fired over the incident. –– AFP

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:00:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:01:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Meh... after the stunts that his cronies pulled with Joe the Plumber and others, I really could care less what records of his gets accessed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:03:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Palin's email got hacked, Joe the plumber had his records checked, meh...I find it hard to give a shit about Obama's problem.

Once the media starts to worry about everyone's security then I'll agree with them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:34:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Did they print and release them?

That would be worthy of a headline.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Meh... after the stunts that his cronies pulled with Joe the Plumber and others, I really could care less what records of his gets accessed.

this
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:02:37 AM EDT
[#6]
So Ms. Cleo was contacted about a Cabinet Post?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So Ms. Cleo was contacted about a Cabinet Post?

I guess if I wanted a spot in his cabinet all I have to do is make a commercial and say, "Call me now!"
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#8]
So I assume that the MSM will roast Obama for using his personal cell phone just like they did Palin.

Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#9]
What comes around goes around. Boo hoo.

Fuck the bastard, seriously.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top