Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 5:24:28 PM EST
Circumventing constitutional process
left link cold.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/15/obama-gun-laws-congress_n_836138.html

Sneaky bastard. Playing Golf and screwing us while the world turns..
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:37:57 PM EST
You gotta watch this prick like a hawk 24/7/365
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:40:36 PM EST
Its like he is trying to not get reelected.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:41:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By Pavy:

Imagine what he'd do in a second term when he really didn't have to worry about being elected again.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:43:18 PM EST

Don't underestimate white guilt and the sheep.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:43:40 PM EST
Maybe this will become an impeachable offense.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:45:20 PM EST
And here is his pick to head the ATF;
http://www.stoptraver.org/

http://www.stoptraver.org/downloads/ILA105TraverFactSheet.pdf

Never give this commie lying sack of rodent excrement the benefit of the doubt, because he is just waiting for a chance to destroy your way of life.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:45:20 PM EST
FUBO
that is all
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:45:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By Gunrinwa:
left link cold.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste"

From the article:

The Department of Justice held the first in what is expected to be a series of meetings on Tuesday afternoon with a group of stakeholders in the ongoing gun-policy debates.

Let me make a guess... We The People, the NRA, GOA, etc. were not represented at those meetings...

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:49:35 PM EST
Originally Posted By EastcARstle:

left link cold.

From the article:

The Department of Justice held the first in what is expected to be a series of meetings on Tuesday afternoon with a group of stakeholders in the ongoing gun-policy debates.

Let me make a guess... We The People, the NRA, GOA, etc. were not represented at those meetings...

Nope, but Michael Bloomburg sure the hell was....
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:58:21 PM EST
He truly wants to be emperor. We the people are the enemy. Something needs to be done to curtail executive order.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:02:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2011 6:04:02 PM EST by victorgonzales]
Bloomberg, a co-founder of the coalition Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told reporters at a press event outside the Capitol. "Our coalition strongly believes in the Second Amendment. We also know from experience that we can keep guns away from dangerous people without imposing burdens on law-abiding gun owners."

Last I checked they have imposed a shit fucking galactic ton of burdens on law abiding citizens.

I like how they refer to the NRA as the gun lobby. As if theere is some evil corporate interest behind them rather than milliions of average americans.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:05:20 PM EST

With potential RINO candidates like Perry, Romney, and Palin, he has a good chance.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:08:02 PM EST

WE SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING THERE, ZERO.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:13:41 PM EST
Can somebody post a synopsis, a link to another source, or a brief bottom line up front? I refuse to give any traffic to that communist site.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:18:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By caberfeidh:
Can somebody post a synopsis, a link to another source, or a brief bottom line up front? I refuse to give any traffic to that communist site.

Obama having meetings to decide what he can do to get more gun law without having to go through congress. Usual suspects involved.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:28:44 PM EST

Here is the main meat of what they will try to enforce.

With respect to the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), a Clinton-era rule had prevented the military from reporting to the Federal Bureau of Investigation that the alleged shooter, Jared Loughner, had been rejected as a recruit for failing a drug test. Obama could reverse that without Congress, Glaze and an administration official said.

As for other possible actions that can be taken without Congress, Mayors Against Illegal Guns has compiled a wishlist of sorts, suggesting that the national background-check system enforce the requirement that all federal agencies report individuals forbidden under federal law from purchasing guns; that the White House restructure regulations requiring that the FBI destroy firearm-purchase records after 90 days; that the FBI, DOJ and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives be more aggressive in pursuing federal prosecutions against those individuals who illegally attempted to buy firearms; and that the latter agency ramp up undercover investigations of sales at gun shows.

I shed no tears if a military reject for failing a drug test gets denied his gun rights, but where is the due process. A dishonarable discharge has a due process mechanism. The undercover stings at gunshows no problem in theory but we know how that may pan out.

I have a feeling in the end this goes no where.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:31:13 PM EST
I still say he will be the first one to get impeached and convicted.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:32:42 PM EST
Thanks, GlockZen and victorgonzales.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:33:04 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:33:27 PM EST

Maybe he's planning to call martial law when it all goes to hell and suspend elections.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:35:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By XD_Fan:

I keep hoping he'll be taken out on a gurney, in a straight jacket, and pumped full of thorazine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:35:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By AlvinYork:

Maybe he's planning to call martial law when it all goes to hell and suspend elections.

then we fo. Even Dave_A agreed that would be fo time.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:37:36 PM EST
Yeah Bloomy: “Our coalition strongly believes in the Second Amendment. We also know from experience that we can keep guns away from dangerous people without imposing burdens on law-abiding gun owners."

Thats the total fucking epitome of the :members only" club of CCW and general NYC laws regarding gun control.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:39:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/15/2011 6:39:56 PM EST by scottedward58]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

With respect to the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), a Clinton-era rule had prevented the military from reporting to the Federal Bureau of Investigation that the alleged shooter, Jared Loughner, had been rejected as a recruit for failing a drug test. Obama could reverse that without Congress, Glaze and an administration official said.

As for other possible actions that can be taken without Congress, Mayors Against Illegal Guns has compiled a wishlist of sorts, suggesting that the national background-check system enforce the requirement that all federal agencies report individuals forbidden under federal law from purchasing guns; that the White House restructure regulations requiring that the FBI destroy firearm-purchase records after 90 days; that the FBI, DOJ and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives be more aggressive in pursuing federal prosecutions against those individuals who illegally attempted to buy firearms; and that the latter agency ramp up undercover investigations of sales at gun shows.

I shed no tears if a military reject for failing a drug test gets denied his gun rights, but where is the due process. A dishonarable discharge has a due process mechanism. The undercover stings at gunshows no problem in theory but we know how that may pan out.

Last I checked drug use wasn't a prohibition to owning a gun, only being addicted to an illegal or unprescribed drug was.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:43:54 PM EST

Why would they suspend elections? Elections are rigged all the time with increasing frequency around the world.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:24:55 PM EST
When, not if but when, he pulls this shit the Repubs have got to defund it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:28:32 PM EST
Originally Posted By Stove_Pipe:

With potential RINO candidates like Perry, Romney, and Palin, he has a good chance.

This

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:55:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By scottedward58:
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

Last I checked drug use wasn't a prohibition to owning a gun, only being addicted to an illegal or unprescribed drug was.

It's phrased in the present tense. You are right.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:12:15 PM EST
Clearly he's proven already he's not against throwing out the constitution... What makes this any different.

I had this conversation with a close friend today, and I'll restate it here: I dare you to walk to my door step and take my guns.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:59:37 PM EST
This is why Executive Orders should not be allowed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:46:07 AM EST

Earlier in the day, House Democrats joined New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to offer another possible starting point, announcing legislation that would make fundamental changes to the nation’s gun background check system. Sponsored by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), a longtime gun control advocate, the bill mirrors one introduced late last month by another New York Democrat, Sen. Chuck Schumer.

Isn't the Unholy Trinity one of the signs of the End of the World?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:06:50 AM EST
Not suprised. FBO!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:25:20 AM EST
In the picture of spineless leader on the webpage in the OP, spineless leader is making a pretend gun with his fingers. Might even be saying "POW"
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:29:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By Hoodooman:
Originally Posted By EastcARstle:

left link cold.

From the article:

Nope, but Michael Bloomburg sure the hell was....

Hey, he is a "Republican" right? So that makes this bipartisan

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:39:35 AM EST
Its sure interesting that this guy has nothing to work except dreaming up new gun laws, playing golf and basketball. I mean there must not be anything going in the world for this Pres. to be concerned about.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:48:50 AM EST

No chance. Hell, these crop of Republicans don't even have the balls to make 3% cuts in the budget.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:54:38 AM EST

Originally Posted By madmathew:
Its sure interesting that this guy has nothing to work except dreaming up new gun laws, playing golf and basketball. I mean there must not be anything going in the world for this Pres. to be concerned about.

He was put in place elected to fulfill an agenda.

His handlers voting block will not allow minor things like world events, constitution stand in their way.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:00:32 AM EST

Always wanted to be part of a rebellion.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:05:20 AM EST
Fuck Obama!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:09:48 AM EST

From your lips to Gods ears.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:15:37 AM EST

I've been thinking this for a while now.

Although the elections are most likely rigged.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:19:35 AM EST

I keep hoping he'll be taken out on a gurney, in a straight jacket, and pumped full of thorazine.

At this point my hopes are no longer CoC-compliant.

He is beyond treason now.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:20:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By BIKECOP29:

Always wanted to be part of a rebellion.

"Ah riot iz an ugly tsing... und... I tsink it is just about time zat ve had vun!"
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:21:51 AM EST
Wow it sounds like even Bloomberg isnt really infavor of theese new crazy ideas. Did hell freeze over?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:23:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
Wow it sounds like even Bloomberg isnt really infavor of theese new crazy ideas. Did hell freeze over?

What article did you read?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:26:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By BangStick1:
Maybe this will become an impeachable offense.

Yeah right. Who's gonna impeach him? The sackless republican party?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:27:24 AM EST
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah good luck with that bozo.

Have we ever had a president who's been tared & feathered in public square? Might wanna think about that one. Just throwing it out there.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:30:53 AM EST

Get reelected for 4years, or pass laws that will be in effect forever
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:17:51 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:27:42 AM EST
nothing to see here folk, just another feel good "news" story from the Huffpost to satisfy the anti-gunners
Top Top