BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/21/2008 7:25:48 AM EDT
Barack Obama's Butterfly Effect
July 20, 2008 4:45 PM

Today on CBS's Face the Nation, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., in Afghanistan, told the paparazzi-pursued correspondent Lara Logan that "the objective of this trip was to have substantive discussions with people like President Karzai or Prime Minister Maliki or President Sarkozy or others who I expect to be dealing with over the next eight to 10 years.

"And it's important for me to have a relationship with them early, that I start listening to them now, getting a sense of what their interests and concerns are."

The notion that Obama will be dealing with world leaders for eighjt-to-ten years, possibly up through July 2018, suggests that either (a) he believes that not only will he be elected and re-elected, but the 22nd amendment will be repealed and he will be elected for a third term, OR (b) he was speaking casually and just meant two terms.

(I'm guessing b.)

There is a term in chaos theory describing the how infinitesmal variations of the initial condition of a dynamical system may produce large variations in the long term behavior of the system.

Most of us are more familiar with the more common name for it: the butterfly effect.

The butterfly effect was introduced in Ray Bradbury's 1952 short story "A Sound of Thunder," when time travelers change the world beyond measure by accidentally killing a butterfly in prehistoric times.

Similarly, international diplomacy can be impacted by careless or glibly-chosen words. (Cue President Bush's "crusade" remarks.)

Some Democratic allies of Obama's are -- off the record -- concerned that the senator too often doesn't consider the potential butterfly effect of his diction.

Take his support for an "undivided Jerusalem,"  or his remarks about women seeking abortions when they're "feeling blue," which upset feminist leaders.

Or the media kerfuffle after his "refine my policies" presser.

On his press plane on July 5, after that incident, Obama said, "I’m surprised at how finely calibrated every single word was measured."

A reporter noted that that is precisely what happens with the president, he can change world affairs with one word, finely calibrating your words is what happens.

"Well, of course, no, I understand," Obama said. "But for me to say that I’m going to refine my policies, you know, I don’t think in anyway is inconsistent with prior statements and doesn’t change my strategic view that this war has to end and that I am going to end it as president."

This week Obama will have his words picked apart like never before, and it will be an international audience of not just opponents but actual enemies.

They will be watching and waiting to see if he kills any butterflies.

- jpt

July 20, 2008
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Barack Obama's Butterfly Effect
July 20, 2008 4:45 PM

Today on CBS's Face the Nation, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., in Afghanistan, told the paparazzi-pursued correspondent Lara Logan that "the objective of this trip was to have substantive discussions with people like President Karzai or Prime Minister Maliki or President Sarkozy or others who I expect to be dealing with over the next eight to 10 years.

"And it's important for me to have a relationship with them early, that I start listening to them now, getting a sense of what their interests and concerns are."

The notion that Obama will be dealing with world leaders for eighjt-to-ten years, possibly up through July 2018, suggests that either (a) he believes that not only will he be elected and re-elected, but the 22nd amendment will be repealed and he will be elected for a third term, OR (b) he was speaking casually and just meant two terms.

(I'm guessing b.)

There is a term in chaos theory describing the how infinitesmal variations of the initial condition of a dynamical system may produce large variations in the long term behavior of the system.

Most of us are more familiar with the more common name for it: the butterfly effect.

The butterfly effect was introduced in Ray Bradbury's 1952 short story "A Sound of Thunder," when time travelers change the world beyond measure by accidentally killing a butterfly in prehistoric times.

Similarly, international diplomacy can be impacted by careless or glibly-chosen words. (Cue President Bush's "crusade" remarks.)

Some Democratic allies of Obama's are -- off the record -- concerned that the senator too often doesn't consider the potential butterfly effect of his diction.

Take his support for an "undivided Jerusalem,"  or his remarks about women seeking abortions when they're "feeling blue," which upset feminist leaders.

Or the media kerfuffle after his "refine my policies" presser.

On his press plane on July 5, after that incident, Obama said, "I’m surprised at how finely calibrated every single word was measured."

A reporter noted that that is precisely what happens with the president, he can change world affairs with one word, finely calibrating your words is what happens.

"Well, of course, no, I understand," Obama said. "But for me to say that I’m going to refine my policies, you know, I don’t think in anyway is inconsistent with prior statements and doesn’t change my strategic view that this war has to end and that I am going to end it as president."

This week Obama will have his words picked apart like never before, and it will be an international audience of not just opponents but actual enemies.

They will be watching and waiting to see if he kills any butterflies.

- jpt

July 20, 2008

This story proves what every one here already knows Obama is an idiot that does not have a clue about the Constitution or our government works.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget Japan dropped the "bomb" on Pearl Harbor.
What a retard. I thought this POS was educated.
God help us
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#3]
That's not an issue to voters who want change they can believe in.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#4]
CHANGE!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:35:49 AM EDT
[#5]
What a fucking dipshit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Just words.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Nope!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:36:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
CHANGE!

and HOPE!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:37:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Just more proof that once in office, he isn't coming out.

He's going to usurp the constitution and declare himself savior and lifetime President of the U.S.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#10]
He didn't say He'd be president that long... He said He'd be dealing with them that long... and, that's about right:  from now until about a year after His presidency.
Matt
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#11]
What was he smoking before he said that?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
He didn't say He'd be president that long... He said He'd be dealing with them that long... and, that's about right:  from now until about a year after His presidency.
Matt
as much as i hate obama, i will agree with this guy. most of you are reading it out of context.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:56:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What was he smoking before he said that?

you have to ask???

crack cocaine, what else
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Matt
as much as i hate obama, i will agree with this guy. most of you are reading it out of context.

There are plenty of things we can disagree with Sen. Obama on... we don't need to make stuff up - it just makes us look like conspiracy theorist morons.
Matt
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#15]
He just doesn't know the difference between four and five years.  

His educational background 'taught' him that there is just perception and that 'reality does not exist'.  Of course the exact opposite is the fact but he has no way of knowing since he doesn't even know that reality exists let alone have any understanding of it.  He probably uses the expressions 'his reality', 'her reality' or 'it's a reality'; when a person says things like that you have a clear indication that they don't have a clue, not even a tiny fraction of a clue.

Obama's intellectual foundation is firmly rooted in jello, he will never be able to think through to a correct conclusion.  His supporters, voters and admirers are much the same.  Hillary is in exactly the same state of profound confusion.

A wise man once said:  "Him sad, brain broken.".

All great civilizations have come to an end, they fall because their populations lose the ability to think, thus it has been, thus it will be.  How very sad.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Matt

So he's saying he'll be another Jimmy Carter, affecting foreign policy after he leaves office and there is a new administration?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#17]
This is just a case of his brain not being engaged while he is talking.

I hope he continues to show his inexpierence and lack of thinking clearly while under stress.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I thought this POS was educated.

Affirmative Action candidate.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:05:12 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Didn't he say last year that he had been to 54 states?

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:08:20 AM EDT
[#22]
This dipshit went to Columbia (which he downplays) for his undergrad and Harvard Law.  He wasn't educated, but indoctrinated.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Didn't he say last year that he had been to 54 states?

57 states, with one to go and two they wont let him go to 57 states
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Matt

After they leave office they go on the rubber chicken circuit, give speeches, and bank a lot of coins. Maybe two years of camel haggis is all he figures he can stomach. (Little pun, there).
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:17:03 AM EDT
[#25]

DOPE.

Maybe he plans to run for Governor of the the 57th State (what ever that is) after POTUS.

And they say this guy is intelligent, educated, experienced and ARTICULATE??
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#26]
he will have hisself declared

"His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Obama Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Ohio in Particular. and king of scotland"
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Matt

Why would he be dealing with them a year and a half after his Presidency was over? If this is just speaking loosely, it's not the way someone who respects the Constitution would speak.

And even talking about eight years as if it were a fact is quite arrogant.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

"His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Obama Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Ohio in Particular. and king of scotland"

Let's hope he is as nutty as Idi Amin.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:28:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Matt

There are plenty of things we can disagree with Sen. Obama on... we don't need to make stuff up - it just makes us look like conspiracy theorist morons.
Matt

Well, everyone says we are anyway, why not act like it full time?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
This dipshit went to Columbia (which he downplays) for his undergrad and Harvard Law.  He wasn't educated, but indoctrinated.

Oh please.
<-

McCain saw fit to send his daughter there, and spoke at my class day.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#31]

I can't stand Obama, but this one isn't difficult to figure out:  he meant to say 47, but 57 came out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

He's going to usurp the constitution and declare himself savior and lifetime President of the U.S.
Well, he is the Obamessiah, peace be unto him.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

He doesn't have the balls...

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#35]
I heard him say this on the radio.

How the fuck can he be this dumb?

You'd almost have to make a point to say stupid shit like this.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Just because he said he'll be dealing with them from 8-10 years doesn't mean he meant he was going to be president for 10 years.  He can still deal with th em after he's not president anymore.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I can't stand Obama, but this one isn't difficult to figure out:  he meant to say 47, but 57 came out.

But he also said that there were two states to go (or some such, but he said "two"), so it doesn't make sense that way either.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Matt

Matt

Do you mean his post-office bonus bribes for doing their will?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Guys and gals, we are going to have lots of fun with Obama-speak; remember his saying asthmatic children should be given breathalyzers?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's hope he is as nutty as Idi Amin.

"The ayatollah of rockin' rollah!"
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Matt

Yeah, right.  He's the same moron who thinks there are 57 states.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Yawn....

In the meantime, I still hear Dan Quayle jokes.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Matt

Hes not dealing with them now, campaigning is not equivalent to conducting foreign policy.

Why would he be "dealing with them" one minute or one year after he leaves office?

While he didn't intend to imply he'd be president that long, what he did say was stupid, and if anyone else said it they'd be a laughing stalk.

Obama says stupid shit every couple days, and gets a pass by the mass media, among others.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#44]

But he also said that there were two states to go (or some such, but he said "two"), so it doesn't make sense that way either.

47 + 1 + 2 = 50.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He doesn't have the balls...

His wife does.
*rimshot*
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Interesting math...

Hitler thought he was the architect of a "Thousand Year Reich," but it only lasted 12 years.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
CHANGE!

and HOPE!!!!!!
You can keeo th change a nd shove the hope
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#48]
So what, is he getting an endorsement deal for 8-10 years?

TXL
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
So what, is he getting an endorsement deal for 8-10 years?

TXL

Yep...........Nike's next PR man.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#50]
It's all an honest mistake, now bow to our Obamination
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top