Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 11:41:00 AM EDT
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4326213/ McCain calls herself a socially liberal republican & gives Obama a passing grade C+

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/08/years-setbacks-looks-world-leader/

Here is what we can expect from the UN in the coming years.

–– how to restore "climate change” as a top global priority after the fiasco of last year’s Copenhagen summit;

–– how to continue to try to make global
redistribution of wealth the real basis of that climate agenda, and
widen the discussion further to encompass the idea of "global public
goods”;

–– how to keep growing U.N. peacekeeping
efforts into missions involved in the police, courts, legal systems and
other aspects of strife-torn countries;

National sovereignty — meaning the refusal of major powers like India,
China and the United States to go along with sweeping global agendas —
was specifically indicted for the failure of the much ballyhooed
Copenhagen summit on climate change. "National sovereignty remains
supreme,” as one position paper noted.

Along with planting a new flag in the field of international financial
regulation, the U.N. chiefs also contemplated the further growth of the
U.N. as the world’s policeman. As another paper notes, U.N. peacekeeping
operations "will soon have almost 17,000 United Nations police officers
serving on four continents” — little more than two years after
establishing what one papers calls the institutions "Standing Police
Capacity.”

Reference to Obama burning the bible removed due to inconsistencies in news article

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
And the bullshit storm just gets deeper by the hour =(
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
  Obamas administration just had Bibles (personal  property from Americans sent as gifts) burned, and destroyed in Afghanistan under the orders of  4-star general Mike Mullen.     Seems  Al Jezera got wind of it and had them destroyed.

Uh, no. The Pentagon has acknowledged that, under the Bush administration, bibles written in pashto were confiscated from troops who were giving them to locals in an effort to evangelize. That's a big no-no. The bibles were thrown away on the base which happens to incinerate its garbage.

Troops who wish to keep bibles for them selves did, do and will continued to be allowed to do so. They just can't use their deployment as an opportunity to moonlight as a missionary, is all.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Social liberal = Dingbat

Megan McCain should be completely ignored unless she's naked and swinging from a stripper pole.  The only reason she's getting her 15 minutes of fame is so she can get her shots in against Palin.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obamas administration just had Bibles (personal  property from Americans sent as gifts) burned, and destroyed in Afghanistan under the orders of  4-star general Mike Mullen.     Seems  Al Jezera got wind of it and had them destroyed.

Uh, no. The Pentagon has acknowledged that, under the Bush administration, bibles written in pashto were confiscated from troops who were giving them to locals in an effort to evangelize. That's a big no-no. The bibles were thrown away on the base which happens to incinerate its garbage.

Troops who wish to keep bibles for them selves did, do and will continued to be allowed to do so. They just can't use their deployment as an opportunity to moonlight as a missionary, is all.

Thx for the update, I edited the post to remove that section.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Sensationalist thread title is sensationalist.

This isn't DU. I don't need my news slanted. I'm intelligent enough to read between the lines and draw my only conclusions.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck McCain

Fuck the UN

Fuck Obama

Did I miss anyone?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fuck McCain
Fuck the UN
Fuck Obama

Did I miss anyone?

I don't think so.. but... FUCK THEM too!
just in case
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Social liberal = Dingbat

Megan McCain should be completely ignored unless she's naked and swinging from a stripper pole.  The only reason she's getting her 15 minutes of fame is so she can get her shots in against Palin.

Boy do I agree with that.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I would like to wear her skin....
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top