Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2010 7:49:50 PM EDT

Here's a interview, from last Wednesday, of John Lott by the great one Mark Levin. Lott is a gun rights activist and former colleague of Obama at the University of Chicago during the mid to late 90's.

At about 1:50 he tells about the first time they met and Obama's view of the 2nd amendment.  The interview also covers other insight on Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oo77QQ5gYA

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I am Jack's complete and utter lack of suprise.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
meh
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

that's really not the point, we already know he's no fan of the 2nd

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#4]
fubo
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]
His thoughts and words are nothing more than diarrhea.

HH
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]
His world has been overtaken be events, and he ain't seen nothin' yet.  Wait for Iranian nukes, etc.  The economy sucks...he has failed big time.  So I am not worried about Second Amendment rights..actually it is getting better for us.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#8]
If I was him, I wouldn't want people to have guns either...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if he means that for the Secret Service agents guarding him 24/7, too.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well done.  I love that movie...
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#11]
And I don't think obama should be POTUS
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#12]
fuck tag
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#13]
If You want to find the "O's" gun control policy it's hidden under his "URBAN" policy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't care what he thinks anymore
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 8:53:45 PM EDT
[#15]

knowledge is power...

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Of course he does not think we should own them. Firearms ownership puts a big kink in his plans for America....
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I heard this on Levin's show last week. Can't say that I'm surprised in the least.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to go with the given:

Fuck Obama.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Meh...

He is free to come over and try and disarm me.  ((shrugs))

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I was him, I wouldn't want people to have guns either...

Only people with bad intentions care about people being able to defend themselves.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Liberals can't control things that fight back.  This is no surprise he doesnt want the people armed.  Liberals put criminals back on the streets, so if any of them say they don't like firearms because of crime they are lying their asses off...think about it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

knowledge is power...

Because knowing is half the battle

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:47:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Interesting that John Lott knows him that well.

I'm surprised we haven't heard from him more in the last year.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:09:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This information was available before the election in 2008.  I heard Lott say it on another radio show.  He and Obama were at the U Chicago Law School at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:11:35 AM EDT
[#25]
And in other news; water is wet and shit smells like shit.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:15:22 AM EDT
[#26]
A Constitutional scholar who seems to have only studied the document to see if there are any ways around it.

WTF is wrong with this country?

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:26:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Here's a interview, from last Wednesday, of John Lott by the great one Mark Levin. Lott is a gun rights activist and former colleague of Obama at the University of Chicago during the mid to late 90's.

At about 1:50 he tells about the first time they met and Obama's view of the 2nd amendment.  The interview also covers other insight on Obama.

Large quantities of righteous indignation aside, Lott saying in an interview that Obama told him people shouldn't own guns won't go very far. Now, if Lott had a tape or video of Obama saying it, we're talking a whole different ballgame.

"He said/she said" counts for nothing without documentation or some other form of proof.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:49:23 AM EDT
[#28]
So the media tried to portray Obama as a professor, when he was just a part-time lecturer. Never in the history of the media have they shown more positive bias towards a candidate; which is why I get all my news from the internet and talk radio.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:52:44 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

And in other news; water is wet and shit smells like shit.

Seriously, this isn't exactly breaking news.  Isn't Obama on tape saying that CCW shouldn't be banned?

Like any good tyrant, Obama knew that he needed to full a certain faction (gun owners) in order to win, and just because you are a gun owner, doesn't mean you yearn or appreciate freedom.  Useful idiots they were and they bought into Obama hook line and sinker.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Wasn't he the president of the Joyce Foundation? I know he was on their board of directors, and they are big time anti-gun.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 3:58:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Good for us it's not up to him.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:06:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Molon Labe, Puto.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:07:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If You want to find the "O's" gun control policy it's hidden under his "URBAN" policy.

Actually they removed the stuff abou the AWB and repealing the Tiahrt Amendment.  I just noticed this about a month ago.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:07:57 AM EDT
[#34]
hearsay
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:09:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
hearsay

YUP. My thoughts exactly. Although it's probably true.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:11:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Wasn't he the president of the Joyce Foundation? I know he was on their board of directors, and they are big time anti-gun.

He was a director from 1994-2002... during which time the Joyce Foundation sent $15mil to VPC and over a million to Johns Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:11:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Another astonishing headline:

Dog bites mailman

Really, was this news?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:31:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Molon Labe, Puto.  

This, as always.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:36:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Large quantities of righteous indignation aside, Lott saying in an interview that Obama told him people shouldn't own guns won't go very far. Now, if Lott had a tape or video of Obama saying it, we're talking a whole different ballgame.

"He said/she said" counts for nothing without documentation or some other form of proof.

Remember, when John Lott met Obama, who knew he had a snowball's chance in hell of being elected President? All he had accomplished was to write two books about himself, and become the first token "black" editor of the Harvard Law Review. He hadn't even run for the Illinois State legislature yet. Why would anyone bother taping him?

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Check out John Lott's blog.  It's statistics-heavy (he's an economist, ya know) but gives some really good conservative arguments to issues of the day.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:46:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check out John Lott's blog.  It's statistics-heavy (he's an economist, ya know) but gives some really good conservative arguments to issues of the day.

I need to go there more.  Thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:51:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:56:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Before I listen to that whole sound byte... do those words actually come out of Obama's mouth?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#44]
hopefully he spends the next 3 years trying to pass healthcare and cant focus on anything else.

the problem then though is while we are focused on stopping healthcare, they are pulling other strings behind the scenes
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:02:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember, when John Lott met Obama, who knew he had a snowball's chance in hell of being elected President? All he had accomplished was to write two books about himself, and become the first token "black" editor of the Harvard Law Review. He hadn't even run for the Illinois State legislature yet. Why would anyone bother taping him?

The issue isn't why Lott did or did not tape Obama making those remarks. The issue is if you are going to make claims, it's much more convincing and damning if you have proof to back up those claims.

The fact that we may or may not believe Obama made those remarks is inconsequential because we are predisposed to believe it. It's everybody else's opinion that matters and they are more apt to believe if they see evidence instead of mere accusation.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:03:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Before I listen to that whole sound byte... do those words actually come out of Obama's mouth?

I listened to the clip wondering precisely the same thing.

The answer is "no."
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:07:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:31:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Actually, Mark Levin hinted that he knew barrry that well.  John Lott said that they never had many conversations, and that barry would not chat with him because he was that "gun guy".

They were at the same place at the same time, they were not colleagues.

TXL

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:34:57 AM EDT
[#49]
“Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns.’’

Obama's words

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#50]
More concerned about 5 out of 9 justices on the SCOTUS these days, and the scope of their final written opinion.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top