Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2009 3:18:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 3:21:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Just have to raise the flag on this.  No one would be that stupid, or would they

Link Posted: 4/16/2009 3:33:22 AM EDT
[#2]
If this is true, BHO really is a POS.
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 3:54:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 3:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

, BHO really is a POS.

fixed, your welcome
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 5:05:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Remove the Oath to the Constitution? The Constitution is the center of our governmental system, not the President! THAT is why we swear to "uphold the Constitution and protect it against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

Military persons already swear to obey the President and all in authority; why change the oath even more?
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Notwithstanding the fact that hordes of far-right conspiracy nuts have reprinted the above as factual, it is false. The putative author, "Michele Chang," doesn't exist. The actual author, a New York college student named Matthew Avitabile, published the piece on his blog, Jumping in Pools, on January 28, 2009. It was tagged as "satire," a detail that fell by the wayside as the text made its way from blog to blog and inbox to inbox in the days that followed.

"Michele Chang is me," Avitabile confirmed in response to an email query. "So, yes, it's fake, and it always has been."

Implausible though it must seem to readers with a reasonably firm grip on reality, the central premise — namely that the new administration intends to replace the military's oath of loyalty to the Constitution with a pledge of loyalty to Obama himself — clearly struck a chord with folks who view the President as a shadowy figure with a nefarious secret agenda who rose to power via a cult of personality. Several of those who reprinted the article explicitly compared Obama to Adolf Hitler.

Though merely implied in the spoof itself, that analogy was intentional, admits the author, who unapologetically describes the piece as "a creative take on the Wehrmacht pledge in the Third Reich." No conspiracy theorist himself, he insists, Avitabile says he was surprised to find so many people taking it seriously. "Not to say that they were dumb, but I think that the tone of a lot of the rumor-spreading was so quick and so urgent that people really wanted to believe it and spread, spread, spread."

Citing the work of radio personality Phil Hendrie as an influence, Avitabile told me he plans to write more satire in the future and will clearly tag it as such in every case — "if people want to check, that is."

Found Here
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Edit: never mind
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Just have to raise the flag on this.  No one would be that stupid, or would they

^ what he said ^

Link Posted: 4/18/2009 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Only Enlisted soldiers swear to obey the President and all in authority.

Officers swear an oath to the Constitution.

Quoted:
Remove the Oath to the Constitution? The Constitution is the center of our governmental system, not the President! THAT is why we swear to "uphold the Constitution and protect it against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

Military persons already swear to obey the President and all in authority; why change the oath even more?

Link Posted: 4/18/2009 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Marine Corps Oath of Enlistment

I, ____________, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Marine Corps Officer

I, ____________,  solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Monk
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#11]
During the late 1930s, the German military swore their oath to hitler, and to him alone.

The similarities between early 1930s Germany and the present time in the US are becoming quite apparant.
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#12]
He wouldn't dare... but It'll sure be funny to watch him try. Fix bayonets, Charge!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 3:29:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I re-enlisted today, the oath hasn't changed a whit.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 3:42:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I re-enlisted today, the oath hasn't changed a whit.  

Thanks for bringing some facts and sanity to this thread and thank you for your service!
In honor of your re-enlistment. I shall refrain from any Air Force jokes....for a day

My re-elistment package has been sent to HQMC
It only took them 6 1/2 months to get my paper work (CRCR) corrected
Damn admin idiots.

Semper Fi

Monk
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 3:43:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Remove the Oath to the Constitution? The Constitution is prior to BHO and his regime was the center of our governmental system, not the President! THAT is why we swear to "uphold the Constitution and protect it against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

Fixed

It seems that is the way it is headed. I don't know that the men and women in the military are going to put up with it but if things keep progressing the way they are the UN and or China will take care of things

ETA: Foreign and domestic. That is interesting. Could it be our military will have to protect us from our own government?
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Enlisted soldiers first swear to support and defend the Constitution just as officers do, then they swear to obey the President and officer appointed over them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#17]
thats what i said

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Enlisted soldiers first swear to support and defend the Constitution just as officers do, then they swear to obey the President and officer appointed over them.

Link Posted: 4/21/2009 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#18]
It's a joke.  Check this out:  http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/is_president_obama_planning_to_have_the.html

Pardon my weak internet-fu; I do not know how to hotlink.

B_S
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:52:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
thats what i said

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just needed some clarity.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 8:38:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

...why I engraved this on my stock on Nov 5...

the Constitution should superceed the president.  All men and women who took this oath (officer, enlisted, or elected official) should hold to it (foreign AND domestic), to include the president himself (it's in his oath of office as well...).
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:28:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
During the late 1930s, the German military swore their oath to hitler, and to him alone.

The similarities between early 1930s Germany and the present time in the US are becoming quite apparant.

Let me guess, all those posts about it being a hoax went right past you while you were looking the other way?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I, ____________, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

This is the Oath I swore to.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#23]

I have uttered plenty of oaths since this administration occupied the white house, but not the kind you would raise your right hand to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top