Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/16/2017 11:53:31 AM EDT
Even if you have some Eye Jackets from 1999 sitting in a drawer, can't sell them to your friend, on the EE, or on craigslist.

Stated very clearly on the sign up screen

Full terms:
http://www.oakleysi.com/terms
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:54:11 AM EDT
Eat me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:55:32 AM EDT
So, you're buying them at a discount?  Seems reasonable.  They're cutting a you a break not offering you a get rich, well slowly, scheme.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:55:51 AM EDT
Yes

I had to click the box. You have to click the box

It's an 18 year old pair of shades you don't wear anymore. Give them to your friend and be happy a company let's us buy at a discount. 
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:56:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:56:18 AM EDT
I'm sure no one buys the half price SI deals and sells them for profit because of that checkbox
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:59:10 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, you're buying them at a discount?  Seems reasonable.  They're cutting a you a break not offering you a get rich, well slowly, scheme.
View Quote
Smith and Wesson will let you buy a Shield for a discount because you're military. But if they find out you sold a 1938 Model 19 on Gunbroker they will permanently revoke your military discount for new guns.

Seem reasonable?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:59:34 AM EDT
Oakley is not gonna come after you for selling 18 year old sunglasses. But if you buy a dozen pair and immediately try to turn them over for a profit? Maybe.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:00:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:00:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:07:48 PM EDT
Quoted:
pay full retail government stooge
View Quote
Actually I can get comparable models for equal to or less than the SI price on ebay or craigslist.

What they are useful for is ordering knickknacks like five pairs of extra earsocks, extra lenses, cleaning bags, straps, gaskets, etc...
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:11:23 PM EDT
Quoted:
Smith and Wesson will let you buy a Shield for a discount because you're military. But if they find out you sold a 1938 Model 19 on Gunbroker they will permanently revoke your military discount for new guns.

Seem reasonable?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seem reasonable?
oh shit. Damn. Fuck. I guess I'll pay full retail since I can't sell old sunglasses I'd probably throw away anyway.

Oh wait. No I won't lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:11:26 PM EDT
Quoted:
pay full retail government stooge
View Quote
As I like to tell people, "I'm only a poor corrupt official."
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:13:51 PM EDT
what is Oakley SI?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:15:24 PM EDT
Quoted:
what is Oakley SI?
View Quote
Oakley mil/emergency responder discount site.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:16:16 PM EDT
Quoted:
what is Oakley SI?
View Quote
Standard Issue
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:17:32 PM EDT
Quoted:

oh shit. Damn. Fuck. I guess I'll pay full retail since I can't sell old sunglasses I'd probably throw away anyway.

Oh wait. No I won't lol
View Quote
I have two nib X Metal Penny and one X Metal Mars. Go look at how much those are going for. You want to throw them away?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:23:14 PM EDT
Quoted:
what is Oakley SI?
View Quote
It's where Luxottica will sell you mass produced Chinese stuff for 400% profit instead of the usual 500% profit. Also they have special technologies like plain plastic earstems with no rubber to fit under earmuffs, blacked out icons, blacked out frames, everything super low drag high speed, all murdered out and totally cool. You wouldn't understand, sorry.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:25:20 PM EDT
I really don't think Oakley is going to lauch a full scale investigation/prosecution of you for selling a 20 year old pair of glasses to Joe Schmuckatelli.  The agreement says they can cut you off any time anyway.  
The intent is clear to me and that's to stop people from buying at a discount and reselling for a profit. .
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:32:23 PM EDT
Quoted:
I have two nib X Metal Penny and one X Metal Mars. Go look at how much those are going for. You want to throw them away?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh wait. No I won't lol
Sunglasses are disposable to me.  Use them for about 10 years, throw them out.  I'd never buy anything like those because I think it's an insane waste of money.

I hope you like them, because you apparently will never, ever be able to sell them (just sell them however you want, oakley isn't going to care unless you have a constant inventory of SI products for sale)
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:36:05 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote
They used to offer an even better discount. 50-60% off retail iirc... but the prices went up... I'm assuming because people were buying and selling them. I remember a guy I was in the Guard with buying 10/15 pairs at a time two or three times a year and selling them for profit. His account was eventually suspended because he was ordering so many pairs. I'm trying to think back... it was about 10 years ago... I'm pretty sure he got a letter from them saying they were going to go after him civilly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:45:59 PM EDT
Tell em to fuck off

You are buying them, not renting them.

If you buy it, you own it and can do what you want with it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:48:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:50:26 PM EDT
I've not used the discount for glasses. I mostly buy cloths with it.

Decent cloths these days has gotten outa control on price.
The deals on there are pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:51:49 PM EDT
The have to say that, otherwise some douchenugget will buy 500 pairs, put each of them on for 2 seconds before they sell them and say "but they're used!"  This just provides an avenue of recourse against said douchenutter.

Nobody cares about your one pair of old sunglasses.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:55:33 PM EDT
Quoted:
This is the special deal cops, soldiers and firefighters get but they aren't supposed to buy them cheap and flip them to us mere trod upon peasants. Oakley can probably condition the deal legally. I would assume you'd have to get caught flipping them on eBay 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell em to fuck off

You are buying them, not renting them.

If you buy it, you own it and can do what you want with it.  
This is the special deal cops, soldiers and firefighters get but they aren't supposed to buy them cheap and flip them to us mere trod upon peasants. Oakley can probably condition the deal legally. I would assume you'd have to get caught flipping them on eBay 
Also most of them are slightly different than the retail versions, so if you look you can tell they were SI purchased.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:57:06 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote
Which makes perfect sense. I don't see what collectors items from the past have to do with it. Unless they cannot trust their employees or legal team to be able to tell the difference.

I'm going to.....not click the box. It just isn't right to say I'm going to do something and then do the opposite.

It isn't like jury nullification, which is my right. This is an agreement between two private entities.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:58:25 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote

Those crazy Brits. Its not like they invented Common Law or anything.  Amiright?
3point5 had similar conditions and yearly limits.  Never heard of anybody gettting nailed on it but I don't know of anybody that was flipping for profit.  I bought a few things for my personal use and have yet to want to sell anything.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:05:32 PM EDT
I got these on Oakley SI in 2000 (lenses changed out multiple times)  for $150. Retail was $300.

About a year later Oakley took the X-Metals off SI because some fed bought a something shy of a metric ass ton of them and sold them on fleabay.

I'd would just sign it OP and agree not to resale so it doesn't f up a good thing we have goingAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:10:07 PM EDT
Yeah, I remember, the Infinite Hero ones. Never understood why being non-defined was desirable. Anyway, I didn't get any before they took them down.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:11:53 PM EDT
It depends if you're actually talking about old glasses or if you're one of the people that buys with your discount just to sell them.

I bought 3 pairs this month from SI but I'm greedy and keeping them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:12:58 PM EDT
You agree that you will not sell the Oakley products or divert such products for resale in any environment whatsoever, including but not limited to, the Internet, swap meets or flea markets.
View Quote
If you are actually concerned, ask them for clarification.

"The" implies products derived from the specific arrangement/agreement.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:13:01 PM EDT
When I buy something it is mine to do with as I please, I would just click yes and ignore their little rules.  Then again if I saw that I would have called them and given them some serious hell.  Things like this only exist because people in large enough numbers do not complain.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:15:12 PM EDT
Quoted:

If you are actually concerned, ask them for clarification.

"The" implies products derived from the specific arrangement/agreement.
View Quote
"resell any Oakley products in any environment"

It's right there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:18:46 PM EDT
Quoted:
When I buy something it is mine to do with as I please, I would just click yes and ignore their little rules.  Then again if I saw that I would have called them and given them some serious hell.  Things like this only exist because people in large enough numbers do not complain.
View Quote
If you disagree with the rules then go pay retail.  Calling to complain about the d al they offer is silly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:22:38 PM EDT
Quoted:

It's right there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's right there.
Read what I quoted. That is the exact wording.

By using this site and participating in this program, you agree that you will not sell Oakley products to any individual, department, team or unit.  You agree that you will not sell the Oakley products or divert such products for resale in any environment whatsoever, including but not limited to, the Internet, swap meets or flea markets.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:25:24 PM EDT
Quoted:
I'm going to.....not click the box.
View Quote
How's that registration process going for you then OP?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:30:41 PM EDT
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah if enough of us complained I bet we could successfully get the SI program shutdown.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:31:02 PM EDT
Quoted:

How's that registration process going for you then OP?
View Quote
There's a hold up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:31:48 PM EDT
You forgot the "don't be a dick" option.

In you agreement it says "for a profit" then references the user agreement that we can't see.

If you want to sell your buddy a pair of 16 year old Oakleys for cheap that fits in the no big deal way long ago category.

If you're selling a pair you bought last year for what you paid thus undercutting Oakley retail sales then you're being a dick.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:32:35 PM EDT
I like the discounted SI Oakleys, if douchebags keep reselling them they'll stop offering them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:32:41 PM EDT
Quoted:

Read what I quoted. That is the exact wording.
View Quote
I saw that. I emailed them two weeks ago for a clarification and received no reply.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:35:46 PM EDT
You actually read that stuff?  Just click away and buy your shit and don't worry about it.

Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:37:45 PM EDT
It's in their terms so you are barred from neckbearding their glasses. One or two pairs, used, old or new, probably isn't an issue. If you are buying in bulk using the leo program they should nail you to the wall for neckbearding.

Oh, and $300+ retail for Oakley?? Lol, their discount prices should be retail imho.

I have bought several pairs of Bolle glasses through the LEO program, sometimes 3 or 4 at a time because I either lose them or the they get fucked up. No issues with reselling
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:38:34 PM EDT
Quoted:

I saw that. I emailed them two weeks ago for a clarification and received no reply.
View Quote
Unless you actually intend to resell stuff at high volume from the program, no worries.

In the strange event of them actually finding out (and caring, and applying the terms of the agreement) that you sold a 30 year old pair of Frogskins (for a profit) at Trader's Village......they will just invoke the terms and conditions and remove you from the program.

It's all set up for high volume resellers (of products derived from the agreement) and their removal from the program.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:58:19 PM EDT
I've got a feeling there is a "cease and desist" order and a notice of civil action involved that told OP to reference the EUA he checked at the time of registration...
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:09:18 PM EDT
Quoted:
I've got a feeling there is a "cease and desist" order and a notice of civil action involved that told OP to reference the EUA he checked at the time of registration...
View Quote
That's for little people. They actually came to my door. I'm not sure what they said, exactly, I was too occupied checking out the Oakley gear that adorned them from head to toe.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:21:33 PM EDT
Quoted:
Even if you have some Eye Jackets from 1999 sitting in a drawer, can't sell them to your friend, on the EE, or on craigslist.

Stated very clearly on the sign up screen

https://s29.postimg.org/a28cw8icn/oakleysi.jpg

Full terms:
http://www.oakleysi.com/terms
View Quote

The money you save you can put towards a team membership
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:26:40 PM EDT
didn't know about this site.  Thanks, signed up
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:36:35 PM EDT
ITT OP conflates agreeing to terms of service willfully, with a company "making you" do something. 
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:40:36 PM EDT
From the ToS; 
"Participating in this program is a privilege and there are guidelines that must be followed.  By using this site and participating in this program, you agree that you will not sell Oakley products to any individual, department, team or unit.  You agree that you will not sell the Oakley products or divert such products for resale in any environment whatsoever, including but not limited to, the Internet, swap meets or flea markets.  Please understand that the Oakley legal team prosecutes any and all abusers to the fullest extent of the Law."

Seems pretty cut and dried, agree or don't. Not sure what there is to get worked up about?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top