Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2006 6:01:30 PM EDT
This sentence is made of lead (and a sentence of lead gives a reader an entirely different sensation from one made of magnesium). This sentence is made of yak wool. This sentence is made of sunlight and plums. This sentence is made of ice. This sentence is made from the blood of the poet. This sentence was made in Japan. This sentence glows in the dark. This sentence born with a caul. This sentence has a crush on Norman Mailer. This sentence is a wino and doesn't care who knows it. Like man italic sentences, this one has Mafia connections. This sentence is a double Cancer with Pisces rising. This sentence lost its mind searching for the perfect paragraph. This sentence refuses to be diagramed. This sentence ran off with an adverb clause. This sentence is 100 percent organic; it will not retain a facsimile of freshness like those sentences of Homer, Shakespeare, Goethe et al., which are loaded with preservatives. This sentence leaks. This sentence doesn't look Jewish... This sentence has accepted Jesus Christ as its personal savior. This sentence once spit in a book reviewer's eye. This sentence can do the funky chicken. This sentence has seen too much and forgotten too little. This sentence is called "Speedoo" but its real name is Mr. Earl. This sentence may be pregnant, it missed its period. This sentence suffered a split infinitive -- and survived. If this sentence had been a snake you'd have bitten it. This sentence went to jail with Clifford Irving. This sentence went to Woodstock. And this little sentence went wee wee wee all the way home. This sentence is proud to be a part of the team here at Even Cowgirls Get the Blues. This sentence is rather confounded by the whole damn thing.

Come on old people, I know you've read it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This sentence is made of lead (and a sentence of lead gives a reader an entirely different sensation from one made of magnesium). This sentence is made of yak wool. This sentence is made of sunlight and plums. This sentence is made of ice. This sentence is made from the blood of the poet. This sentence was made in Japan. This sentence glows in the dark. This sentence born with a caul. This sentence has a crush on Norman Mailer. This sentence is a wino and doesn't care who knows it. Like man italic sentences, this one has Mafia connections. This sentence is a double Cancer with Pisces rising. This sentence lost its mind searching for the perfect paragraph. This sentence refuses to be diagramed. This sentence ran off with an adverb clause. This sentence is 100 percent organic; it will not retain a facsimile of freshness like those sentences of Homer, Shakespeare, Goethe et al., which are loaded with preservatives. This sentence leaks. This sentence doesn't look Jewish... This sentence has accepted Jesus Christ as its personal savior. This sentence ounce spit in a book reviewer's eye. This sentence can do the funky chicken. This sentence has seen too much and forgotten too little. This sentence is called "Speedoo" but its real name is Mr. Earl. This sentence may be pregnant, it missed its period This sentence suffered a split infinitive -- and survived. If this sentence had been a snake you'd have bitten it. This sentence went to jail with Clifford Irving. This sentence went to Woodstock. And this little sentence went wee wee wee all the way home. This sentence is proud to be a part of the team here at Even Cowgirls Get the Blues. This sentence is rather confounded by the whole damn thing.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
you are drunk.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]
How old are the confused people?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Older than you, I believe.

No doubt, but answering will satisfy a curiosity of mine.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#7]
It is not a belly button. (The umbilicus serves, then withdraws, leaving but a single footprint where it stood: the navel, wrinkled and cupped, whorled and domed, blind and winking, bald and tufted, sweaty and powdered, kissed and bitten, waxed and fuzzy, bejeweled and ignored; reflecting as graphically as breasts, seeds or fetishes the omnipotent fertility in which Nature dangles her muddy feet, the navel looks in like a plugged keyhole on the center of our being, it is true, but O navel, though we salute your motionless maternity and the dreams that have got tangled in your lint, you are only a scar, after all; you are not it.)”
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Something from Ulysees?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Something from Ulysees?

No, but it has served as my throne reading material for the past week.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I think SubnetMask enjoyed the '70s a little too much.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Is this sentence Jack's angry colon?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

SubnetMask was only alive for one year in the 70's, hence his suprise at even finding this book in his bathroom, much less reading it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Tom Robbins?

Seydou
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Tom Robbins?

Seydou

Ya huh.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#16]
This thread is confusing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Older than you, I believe.

No doubt, but answering will satisfy a curiosity of mine.

Oh please.  I'm not much older than you...I don't think.  Now tell us what that's from.

It's from Even Cowgirls Get The Blues. Published in 1976, 3 years before I was born.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I hate these threads with a thousand good lead-in lines and you're not supposed to use them because all this wierd bullshit actually means something suedo-intelectual.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
you are drunk.

Yes he is.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like some of the email spam I have been getting. Just random clips of short stories that don't make any sense. For example:

choking, acrid smoke, spitting and coughing and enjoying themselves.meditation under the Bodhi tree; and the adoration of the alms-bowlof cholera in Ferozepore, and O'Hara fell to drink and loafing up andover which he had no control, could not leave his post of observation.hands, who drank nativefasion; but the lama must needs pull out a cupillusion. But I have another desire' - the seamed yellow face drewan oily smirk: 'It is well to be kind to the poor.' 'Ay, at seven pera feeding camel. Mahbub Ali raised his voice. 'Allah! Art thou thestatements of R17 and M4 - quite true. It concerned all manner ofFlower and drinking wine as an Afghan coper should.' He halted at thecrowded with figures that had encrusted the brick walls of thespeak, - but what he loved was the game for its own sake - thesorts of gusty chances, pressed him into service on the spot. Acorner, from the roaring Motee Bazar, such a man as Kim, who thoughtgrace as the holy bull of Shiv. He has taken the best of a basket of
career audition colonnade adoption
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Congratulations.
You've found something that makes even less sense than The_Macallan's Jabberwocky-like musings.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Congratulations.
You've found something that makes even less sense than The_Macallan's Jabberwocky-like musings.

I do what I can.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Sounds like some of the email spam I have been getting. Just random clips of short stories that don't make any sense. For example:

choking, acrid smoke, spitting and coughing and enjoying themselves.meditation under the Bodhi tree; and the adoration of the alms-bowlof cholera in Ferozepore, and O'Hara fell to drink and loafing up andover which he had no control, could not leave his post of observation.hands, who drank nativefasion; but the lama must needs pull out a cupillusion. But I have another desire' - the seamed yellow face drewan oily smirk: 'It is well to be kind to the poor.' 'Ay, at seven pera feeding camel. Mahbub Ali raised his voice. 'Allah! Art thou thestatements of R17 and M4 - quite true. It concerned all manner ofFlower and drinking wine as an Afghan coper should.' He halted at thecrowded with figures that had encrusted the brick walls of thespeak, - but what he loved was the game for its own sake - thesorts of gusty chances, pressed him into service on the spot. Acorner, from the roaring Motee Bazar, such a man as Kim, who thoughtgrace as the holy bull of Shiv. He has taken the best of a basket of

Aw come on dude, it's way better than that!
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Congratulations.

It has far less gratuitous obscenity that the Macallan's screeds as wel.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Nobody has read this book? Even you guys over the age of 45 or so?
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Stream-of-conciousness blather makes my eyes bleed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stream-of-conciousness blather makes my eyes bleed.

Most of the book isn't like that. Just the good parts.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I've read it.

I have not however read Unintended Consequences, the Turner Diaries, any book set in the post-apocalypse, or a single Jack Ryan book.

What can I say? I'm not a warrior, but at least these threads don't make my noodle hurt.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've read it.

I have not however read Unintended Consequences, the Turner Diaries, any book set in the post-apocalypse, or a single Jack Ryan book.

What can I say? I'm not a warrior, but at least these threads don't make my noodle hurt.

Ditto on all counts. I've also never seen Heat. For shame.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've read it.

Ditto on all counts. I've also never seen Heat. For shame.

Never seen Heat? Now that's going too damn far fancy pants.

Get ye down to the Blockbuster this very minute.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yeah, based on the pot thread earlier this week, I think that Subnet is enjoying the seventies RIGHT NOW, and probably has been since... the seventies.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, based on the pot thread earlier this week, I think that Subnet is enjoying the seventies RIGHT NOW, and probably has been since... the seventies.

Hey, I didn't say I thought people should smoke it. I just couldn't find a good reason to keep it illegal.

Don't forget guys, I was born in '79. My memory of the 70's is pretty hazy, but for different reasons.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
It is not a belly button. (The umbilicus serves, then withdraws, leaving but a single footprint where it stood: the navel, wrinkled and cupped, whorled and domed, blind and winking, bald and tufted, sweaty and powdered, kissed and bitten, waxed and fuzzy, bejeweled and ignored; reflecting as graphically as breasts, seeds or fetishes the omnipotent fertility in which Nature dangles her muddy feet, the navel looks in like a plugged keyhole on the center of our being, it is true, but O navel, though we salute your motionless maternity and the dreams that have got tangled in your lint, you are only a scar, after all; you are not it.)”

Mmmmmm, I love belly buttons.

www.methodstudios.com/moe281

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Ok how does this relate to the fucked up movie
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues?
 shuffles to google
EDIT Holy shit on a shingle that turd was a novel first?
and someone thought it would be a good idea to make a movie
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Ok how does this relate to the fucked up movie
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues?
 shuffles to google
EDIT Holy shit on a shingle that turd was a novel first?
and someone thought it would be a good idea to make a movie

Somebody made a movie?

I'll be damned. So they did.

How'd they pull that off? Alot of this really wouldn't work in a movie. It had to be completely different.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Please tell us it's a library book and you didn't actually spend money to "read" it.   There aren't enough bananas in South America to keep them fed until some future generation sees Shakespeare....
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 12:38:34 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Is this sentence Jack's angry colon?
I get cancer, I kill Jack.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Please tell us it's a library book and you didn't actually spend money to "read" it.   There aren't enough bananas in South America to keep them fed until some future generation sees Shakespeare....

It was given to me by a friend of mine, and I think he picked it up for a quarter at a yard sale.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

That's called "greeked text".  We use it in Newspaper Production when we create templates.  It just fulls a certain amount of space with seemingly random text.

It's pretty god-damn funny to read sometimes though.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
This sentence is made of lead (and a sentence of lead gives a reader an entirely different sensation from one made of magnesium). This sentence is made of yak wool. This sentence is made of sunlight and plums. This sentence is made of ice. This sentence is made from the blood of the poet. This sentence was made in Japan. This sentence glows in the dark. This sentence born with a caul. This sentence has a crush on Norman Mailer. This sentence is a wino and doesn't care who knows it. Like man italic sentences, this one has Mafia connections. This sentence is a double Cancer with Pisces rising. This sentence lost its mind searching for the perfect paragraph. This sentence refuses to be diagramed. This sentence ran off with an adverb clause. This sentence is 100 percent organic; it will not retain a facsimile of freshness like those sentences of Homer, Shakespeare, Goethe et al., which are loaded with preservatives. This sentence leaks. This sentence doesn't look Jewish... This sentence has accepted Jesus Christ as its personal savior. This sentence once spit in a book reviewer's eye. This sentence can do the funky chicken. This sentence has seen too much and forgotten too little. This sentence is called "Speedoo" but its real name is Mr. Earl. This sentence may be pregnant, it missed its period. This sentence suffered a split infinitive -- and survived. If this sentence had been a snake you'd have bitten it. This sentence went to jail with Clifford Irving. This sentence went to Woodstock. And this little sentence went wee wee wee all the way home. This sentence is proud to be a part of the team here at Even Cowgirls Get the Blues. This sentence is rather confounded by the whole damn thing.

.............pass the joint............
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Heh.

<trying to figure out how to de-cock my ears>

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#43]
WTF is right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top