Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2001 12:13:11 PM EDT
I am considering selling my 2 Sea/Touring Kayaks - if anyone is interested in these (and all the gear that comes with them) please email me ([email protected]) and I will tell you more about them.  I don't have a problem driving halfway to meet you to deliver them (let's say 4-5 hours max - I live in East Tennessee).  Great shape, excellent price - let me know if interested and I will give you more info on them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm Interested email to

[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am considering selling my 2 [b]Sea[/b]/Touring Kayaks.....
View Quote

Okay, when the Hell did they put an ocean in Tennessee and why was I not informed?
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a room mate once who taught salt water kayaking in Alaska for a summer.

He said that there is no feeling at all to compare with what you feel when a 6 foot tall dorsal fin from an orca suddenly breaks the surface of the calm black water......
right next to you.  

Kinda makes you feel all small and vulnerable.

[X]

Link Posted: 3/3/2001 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL - Gunslinger, I lived in St. Petersburg FL before I moved here to TN 4 years ago - that is where I got the Kayaks.  You can actually use them on slow moving rivers and lakes quite well, though they are designed to take the rigors of ocean paddling.  They are much faster than a canoe and with their rudders are more manueverable and less exhausting than either canoes or whitewater kayaks - and you won't believe how much gear you can store in them!
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He said that there is no feeling at all to compare with what you feel when a 6 foot tall dorsal fin from an orca suddenly breaks the surface of the calm black water......
right next to you.  

Kinda makes you feel all small and vulnerable.

[X]

View Quote

I was on a surfboard, sitting on calm waters, takin in the morning, when I killers tail lazily broke the surface about fifty feet from my smal a$$.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Greywolf--

My wife would kill me, but I may be interested, depending on price/model, etc (kind of hard to hide a kayak).

I have a Wild. Sys. Manteo, and Perception Keowee.  

Can you post a little more details?

FYI--I like kayaking better than canoeing (I sold a 15' Grumman aluminum canoe to get the Manteo--besides it was a pain in the ass to load on top of my car).  If you have never tried kayaking, it is great--even on still water, you sit with your rear end a few inches below the waterline, and you can "sneak" up on wildlife you would not see otherwise.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top