Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2001 8:08:52 PM EDT
I checked their website but cannot figure out the difference between the ADL and the BDL in the 700 model other than about $200.00 Can anyone explain? Also, is the model 710 worth a damn? I am looking for an all-weather model in .270, .308, or 30-06.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The ADL has no floorplate... You must load each round individually. The BDL has a fixed box magazine, with a capacity of 3 to 4 rounds (+1 in chamber) depending on the caliber. Can't help you with the Model 710, sorry.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 8:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish I were in your shoes, having to pick a NEW rifle...

All-weather?  Like stainless?  
Remington has two great rifles for you.
In the short action, the Model 7 Stainless in .308 would serve you very well for a short and powerful rifle, BDL style.
In the long action, a 700 BDL Stainless in .30-06 would give you a full size rifle with a full size cartridge.
Both of them can use the newer "enhanced power" ammunition to increase the effective range and hitting power.
If you really want a target style rifle, the 700 VSSF(Varmint Synthetic Stainless Fluted) would be the "$hit" at the range in .308...
Like I said, I wish I were in your shoes.  Have fun shopping.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
The 710 is the new low cost rifle.  I think it has a detachable box mag and a long action design. Buy the stainless steel model.
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the imput...lemme ax you this: Is the BDL "worth" the extra money? What is the advantage of the detachable magazine for a non-tactical used rifle? The price in the 710 is nice...but does the 710 out-of-box accuracy and reliability compare to the venerable 700?
Link Posted: 6/16/2001 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Go with the 700 BDL. You can dump the rounds in the box and reload quickly with different ammo if need be. Don't get the detachable box mag style rifle, they are too iffy about the mag. Some feed great, some don't feed worth a sh*t.

The 710 accuracy isn't as good as the 700. A freind bought one of the 710's in 30-06. All the better it would shoot at 100m with match ammo was 2.5". That was sandbagged.  But the 710 is geared to the occasional hunter that probably not shoot much farther than 150m while hunting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top