Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2001 7:47:52 AM EDT
I just picked up a 1911 in 9mm, and it has a two piece rod guide (Series 80 Mark IV). All my other 1911s are standard GI, so I've never run acrross this. It is threaded, and requires a hex wrench to take apart. Since it came without any manual, it took me about 10 minutes to figure it out. My question is, do I have to take this damn thing apart every time I clean it? I can field strip the GI model in the dark. This is a pain in the neck.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:31:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You do have to take it apart to completely field strip it. They really don't do anything for me. I'd replace it. I have one in myt Comander & consider it a non advancement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top