Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2001 7:01:26 AM EDT
Don't like letting the whole frickin world know my IP, especially if I make the switch to DSL.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By world wolf:
Don't like letting the whole frickin world know my IP, especially if I make the switch to DSL.
View Quote

I'm afraid what you're asking for really can't be done, even with a dynamic address.  

With a dynamic address, even your ISP will be keeping a log of what IP address you had at what time.  If there's a complaint about you, they'll be able to track it real easy.

If you have an ISP connection in your name/address, it can be tracked to you, no matter how many levels deep you go, or what you try and do, there's no way around it.

If you want to be truly anonymous, go to one of those Internet Cafe's or some other public access point, and pay with cash.

Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:12:03 AM EDT
[#3]
For very anonymous (nothing is truly anonymous) browsing, visit:

www.anonymizer.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top