Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2002 11:01:39 AM EDT
Arab-American: "Osama Bin Laden is My Hero"

The London Arabic-language daily Al-Quds Al-Arabi published a letter to the editor signed by a California resident, Muhammad Amin Salameh, under the headline "If the Americans Have
Their Heroes, We Have Ours." The letter read:

"Those Americans and others whom most of the peoples of the world consider war criminals, movies have been made about them… works written about them, celebrations and symposia have been held in their memory, and postage stamps bearing their likenesses and names [have been] issued to commemorate them, glorify them, and keep their memory alive."
"All this has been done even though they directly or indirectly murdered tens of thousands, if not millions, of innocents. Among them are those who dropped the atom bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August 1945; among them are the generals who waged World War II andparticipated in the destruction of entire cities in Germany and Japan; among them are those who participated in and waged the dirty war in Vietnam and killed or caused the annihilation of hundreds of thousands of innocents, defenseless women, children, and elderly; among them are those who killed or caused the killing of our brothers in Iraq in the dirty Gulf War of 1991. Some are the backbone of the present American administration – for example Vice President Dick Cheney, who was secretary of defense at that time."
"Despite all this, the Arabs and Muslims find themselves in a bind in this era, because if they consider a particular person one of our heroes in this era, they are criticized because America sees [that person] as a terrorist. It is true that our history is full of heroes and mighty men, but what about our generation?"
"If truth be told, our generation is overflowing with heroes and mighty men – some of them known among the Arab and Islamic peoples, some less well-known, and some familiar only to a small minority."
"Every Palestinian killed in one of the martyrdom operations is a hero; every Palestinian killed resisting the enemy [Israeli] forces is, in the eyes of some, a hero; all those who fought the Soviet forces in Afghanistan, Afghans and others, are heroes; all those who fight America these days in Afghanistan and in other places are also heroes in the eyes of some; all those who refused to submit to the dictates of the Americans and sacrifice their rule – for example Mullah Muhammad Omar and the Taliban – are heroes in the eyes of their people and their supporters. Anyone who rises up against American arrogance and tyranny and causes the Americans fear and trembling are also heroes, in the eyes of some."
"Sheikh Osama bin Laden, who preferred Jihad and life in the mountains and caves to the pleasures of [this] transitory world… although he is a wealthy man, the son of wealthy men – is one of our noble heroes whom history and generations to come will recognize as restoring honor to this [Islamic] nation. No one can monopolize history or distort the truth all the time. It is my right as an Arab and a Muslim to choose my hero, as the Americans choose theirs."
"Therefore I say to them, in the loudest possible voice, that Osama bin Laden is my hero of this generation."

"Muhammad Amin Salameh, California."
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought I'd lay off the cop issues, since I've noticed a increasing amount of people who second guess a police officer's actions while being assaulted.

Please check out this website, it is dedicated to the translation of Arabic newspapers and stuff for the Western societies.
[url]www.memri.org[/url]

The story can be found at:

[url]http://www.memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD39802[/url]

PS. If an LA police officer started to beat up on Osama Bin Laden, how many here would say that the PO should be fired?[rolleyes]

AND NO, I DON'T THINK THINK OSAMA IS MY HERO!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
PS. If an LA police officer started to beat up on Osama Bin Laden, how many here would say that the PO should be fired?
View Quote

i think most of us would be willing to make an exception in osama's case. "officer, may i kick him too? pleeeease?"
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
PS. If an LA police officer started to beat up on Osama Bin Laden, how many here would say that the PO should be fired?
View Quote

i think most of us would be willing to make an exception in osama's case. "officer, may i kick him too? pleeeease?"
View Quote

Nah.  Some people on here would bitch because the officer was being too kind.  [rolleyes]

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#6]
hmm.  I wonder if this fellow will be getting any late night visitors anytime soon.  Wether it is FBI or just a "concerned citizen", if he was stupid enough to write that under his real name, then he deserves whatever happens to him.  Personally, its too long of a drive for me.

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I thought I'd lay off the cop issues, since I've noticed a increasing amount of people who second guess a police officer's actions while being assaulted.
View Quote

[img]http://home.kc.rr.com/copgraphics/cartman.gif[/img]

"respect my authoritai!"

Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes we did kill many civilians during WWII but someone needs to remind this assclown that we didn't start it.  Secondly, we didn't start the Persian Gulf War either.  It began one some of his Arab brothers invaded another Arab country.  He should also be reminded that many other Arab  countries assisted us in Killing his Arab brothers during the Persian Gulf War.    

I am a supporter of the First Amendment and I am not one to hop on the treason band wagon but I would love to see this piece of shit get deported.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Ship him or shoot him...[uzi]
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Boy , talk about a twisted fuck . This guy isn't fit to lick the sweat off my ...  A hero ? An ASSHOLE perhaps , but not a hero. And if he thinks what we did in WW II was bad , just wait until we're done with those SHITHEADS !
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#11]
You got that right. Let's give them the fat, ugly 70 virgins the are hoping to get.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Whats his address?
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#13]
He's probably a professor at Berkley
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top