Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/21/2005 11:22:29 AM EDT
My son's in kindergarten and today he brought home a couple fun little art crafts they did for the "Holiday Season", some were more complex than others.

One of them was simply a bag of oatmeal oats with glitter mixed in.

But what the teacher wrote and stapled to the bag absolutely SHOCKED me...

How DARE they indoctrinate my child into the cultural traditions of what 90% of Americans celebrate!

Where's my lawyer!

Where's the ACLU!!

This is outrageous!!!

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My son's in kindergarten and today he brought home a couple fun little art crafts they did for the "Holiday Season", some were more complex than others.

members.cox.net/_themacallan/ReindeerBait.jpg

How DARE they indoctrinate my child into the cultural traditions of what 90% of Americans celebrate!

Where's my lawyer!

Where's the ACLU!!

This is outrageous!!!

And you have a problem with this how?  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#2]

IBTPWSWITMYKBHABAKNY!

(In before the people who say "what if they make your kid bring home a burka and koran next year"?)
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a rope!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Where's my lawyer!

Where's the ACLU!!

This is outrageous!!!

State of residence?

CMOS
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:25:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
IBTPWSWITMYKBHABAKNY!

(In before the people who say "what if they make your kid bring home a burka and koran next year"?)

you get my last post of the day.

it is a simple <3
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy the teacher a present.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Is it public school?  If so, color me surprised.  Our system around here is PC beyond belief.

Luckily, my kids go to Catholic schools, where they can still use bad words like, "Jesus", "God", "Faith", "Prayer", etc.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I am surprised (and heartened) by the extent to which your son's school is allowing them to acknowledge Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm surprised they didn't send home a little reefer and a Rudolf has two mommies Chritmas story!

Is that a granite counter top?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's my lawyer!

Where's the ACLU!!

This is outrageous!!!

State of residence?

CMOS

If Mac doesn't mind me answering(and I got this from the ARFCOM country thread) he lives in AZ IIRC.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Its disgusting..

Next thing you know they'll be doing Christmas plays..

Where is the PC in it all????  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm surprised they didn't send home a little reefer and a Rudolf has two mommies Chritmas story!

Is that a granite counter top?

I think they only do that for 87 kids out of the whole school !
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#13]
"Magical Reindeer Dust" was created by Satan and distributed by his pagen lackeys to the public school system.

Burn it.

(Very cool card btw... I got a "crafty" Christmas card from 1st grader as well.  )
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:30:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't eat it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"Magical Reindeer Dust" was created by Satan and distributed by his pagen lackeys to the public school system.

Burn it.

(Very cool card btw... I got a "crafty" Christmas card from 1st grader as well.  )

Considering all the reindeer are girls. *

According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and
female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop
their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to
mid-December.   Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they
give birth in the spring.

Therefore, according to EVERY historical rendition depicting Santa's
reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen, had to be a
girl.

*So a chain email tells me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Imagine your son's reaction when he learns that there is no Santa and that he's been lied to for years by those he trusts most.  That should be a fun day.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Yep. deej86 is right - Arizona.

And it's a public school.

We shopped around all the private schools in our side of town before he started school but they still didn't stack up to the public school he's going to now.

For being a public school - it's a damn good school and a damn good teacher too.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#18]

If my kid came home with anything like that there would be hell to pay.  I'd send back a cross and a manger scene.

Shok
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Sweet!

Got any more of that stuff?

I've been asking Santa for a BELT FED for 3 years now and nothing.

Maybe if I use some of that stuff the fat guy can find my house!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Yep. deej86 is right - Arizona.

And it's a public school.

We shopped around all the private schools in our side of town before he started school but they still didn't stack up to the public school he's going to now.

For being a public school - it's a damn good school and a damn good teacher too.

It's also a rarity nowadays-with all the stuff you hear-even on ARFCOM.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Imagine your son's reaction when he learns that there is no Santa and that he's been lied to for years by those he trusts most.  That should be a fun day.  

We don't lie to our son.

He knows the REAL story of Christmas - the birth of Jesus and the reason we give gifts to each other. He knows full well WHY we celebrate Christmas.

But it's the STORY of Santa that he still gets all giddy and excited about. He "knows" the truth that St. Nicklaus lived a long time a go and he started the tradition of "Santa Claus". He also "knows" Rudolph is just a story too. But he still loves it!

And he still gets all excited about "playing Santa" for his friends and cousins by buying them gifts and he gets real excited about what "Santa" will bring him on Christmas Day even though he knows not to go into Mommy & Daddy's closet or else it'll spoil his surprise.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

WHAT ?????    
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
If my kid came home with anything like that there would be hell to pay.  I'd send back a cross and a manger scene.

Shok

are you serious?

You actually have a problem with what they sent Mac's kid home with?

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yeah, I nearly killed myself in dissappointment after having years of fun based on it.  My god, how I ever made it through the heartbreak I just don't know.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We don't lie to our son.

He knows the REAL story of Christmas - the birth of Jesus and the reason we give gifts to each other. He knows full well WHY we celebrate Christmas.

But it's the STORY of Santa that he still gets all giddy and excited about. He "knows" the truth that St. Nicklaus lived a long time a go and he started the tradition of "Santa Claus". He also "knows" Rudolph is just a story too. But he still loves it!

And he still gets all excited about "playing Santa" for his friends and cousins by buying them gifts and he gets real excited about what "Santa" will bring him on Christmas Day even though he knows not to go into Mommy & Daddy's closet or else it'll spoil his surprise.

I'm glad to hear it.  Sorry, I didn't mean to derail your thread, but the whole Santa thing gets under my skin.  Parents shouldn't let their child believe something they themselves know to be false.

Carry on.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

We're you one of the alter boys that was...uhhh...you know.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Shok

He gets plenty of Christian teaching from home, Church and "Sunday School" (or religious education class). He's definitely not lacking for that.

And besides - a cross has absolutely nothing to do with Christmas!

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We don't lie to our son.

I'm glad to hear it.  Sorry, I didn't mean to derail your thread, but the whole Santa thing gets under my skin.  Parents shouldn't let their child believe something they themselves know to be false.

Carry on.  

Damn, you should change your name to kill joy.

Better go ahead and tell them that the world is a horrible place in which you try to do the best you can, but eventually we all lose.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

If my kid came home(No I have no kids yet) and I found out a teacher or a sub told that to my kids(that was reported actually in the news) I'd be pissed beyond belief.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#30]
What if the reindeer dust attracts those harvester ants with the huge heads and tiny asses?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Ya sure. Put that on your lawn and see what kinda "dust" the reindeer leave!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's my lawyer!

Where's the ACLU!!

This is outrageous!!!

See the smiley at the end.  It's called joking.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's my lawyer!

Where's the ACLU!!

This is outrageous!!!

See the smiley at the end.  It's called joking.

I did. I knew.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Where's my lawyer!

Where's the ACLU!!

This is outrageous!!!

I know your kidding with this post. But the sad thing is I bet that teacher does get in trouble for this, as some whiner parent will bitch about it. Glad I grew up when I did, kids today miss out on so much.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Thank GOD, that your kids school is still celebrating Christmas. Good for you guys!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Ya sure. Put that on your lawn and see what kinda "dust" the reindeer leave!!

damn, over seventeen thousand posts and the guy is still funny!

runner up is the giant ants....lol.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I nearly killed myself in dissappointment after having years of fun based on it.  My god, how I ever made it through the heartbreak I just don't know.

Yeah, me too. Every Christmas i go out and beat up anyone i see in a Santa outfit because of the treacherous lies that my parents told me about Santa Claus as a little boy.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Yeah, me too. Every Christmas i go out and beat up anyone i see in a Santa outfit because of the treacherous lies that my parents told me about Santa Claus as a little boy.  

Well, Santa is just a misspelling of Satan!  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I saw my son's teacher PRAYING wtih her kids last year.

GR

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I saw my son's teacher PRAYING wtih her kids last year.

GR

And my son's teacher still leads the class in the Pledge of Allegience every morning... with "under God" included.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Glad to see the defense of constitutional rights in this forum only applies to the 2nd.

I couldn't be happier that my kid doesn't go to that school. Just wish my tax dollars didn't also.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Glad to see the defense of constitutional rights in this forum only applies to the 2nd.

I couldn't be happier that my kid doesn't go to that school. Just wish my tax dollars didn't also.

You have much to learn about what "establishment of religion" means.

BTW... I couldn't be more surprised that you and your ilk are represented by Chuck Schumer and The Beast.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#44]
More like 70%. DOn't round up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#45]
My daughter who is also in kindergarten came home with 2 bags of the same stuff with the same note on each bag.  So on Christmas eve, we will be outside spreading the stuff for the reindeer.

One other note of importance.  My kids had their Christmas programs at school this past week.  In both my daughters program and my sons(fifth grade) program, the kids sang the regular Christmas songs, plus they sang songs about the birth of Jesus and told a short story about the birth of Jesus.  This all happened in a public school in PA.  I was both amazed and extremely happy that this happened.  I applaud the principle, teachers and superintendent for letting Christmas be Christmas the way it is supposed to be.  No parents complained and a great time was had by all.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#46]
That is seriously cute.  

Kudos to at least one school that doesn't have its head up its ass.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
That is seriously cute.  

Kudos to at least one school that doesn't have its head up its ass.

+1, fun shi'ite.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Where's my lawyer!

Where's the ACLU!!

This is outrageous!!!

Maybe the teacher is into Harry Potter.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#50]
My son brought home some reindeer dust a few years ago, we went outside christmas eve and sprinkled it all over the front lawn. Then while he was asleep I went ouside and raked it into the lawn so he would think the reindeers had a field day. He's 9 now and one day he will discover the truth and that would be another chapter closed in my life. So i'm enjoying his younghood as much as possible.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top