[#5]

Quoted:
Ok why is this a big deal?

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They think Diebold stole the election in Ohio and are mad Kerry didn't contest the election like Gore did in Floriduh.

So naturally seeing an old photo of the VP candidate's daughter clearly means the fix is in.  Jeeze, how can you guys be so BLIND
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Those people on that sight really need to get jobs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#8]
GO BUCKS!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#10]
She is pandering to the Ohio voters of course.....

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They think Diebold stole the election in Ohio and are mad Kerry didn't contest the election like Gore did in Floriduh.

So naturally seeing an old photo of the VP candidate's daughter clearly means the fix is in.  Jeeze, how can you guys be so BLIND

So, OSU sweatshirt = Coming Diebold conspiracy?

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Because OSU fucking sucks.  This Gator is now having second thoughts about McCain/Palin. I don't want a damn Buckeye in the White House.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#14]
The term "grasping at straws" comes to mind.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
GO BUCKEYES!!!

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:51:32 AM EDT
[#17]

This is what sociopathic Republicans do to their own children

Sociopathic behavior manifests itself in totally selfish power manipulation
Basically that's what they do; they're amoral. Sociopaths perceive others as just things to be used, from lower level marginally acceptable office games or bullying their children to butchering millions. They're often outwardly very charming which is part of the manipulation.

So, no argument that she has power lust. She's just doing what comes naturally to her.

Uh-oh, here's a sane one.................

That's just silly
What is objectionable about a snapshot of a teen in a sweatshirt?
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm sorry I looked at that thread.  Those people are so batshit crazy that bats everywhere are insulted.  They see meaning where there is none, enemies where there aren't any and hate this country with such ferver and venom that they should be thrown to Europe.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

This is what sociopathic OSU fans do to their own children

Next thing you know, that poor girl is going to be robbing liquor stores and losing every single national title she has a chance at.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GO BUCKEYES!!!

Fixed it for you.

uhh..  thanks? or something...

As a resident of Ohio for 25 years, I can assure you that it's often used in short.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because OSU fucking sucks.  This Gator is now having second thoughts about McCain/Palin. I don't want a damn Buckeye in the White House.

members.cox.net/renegade_sith2/miscjunk/everett-no-helmet.jpg

Great picture, badfish.

OSU may suck, but most folks in Ohio don't know it.  They're already changing their minds about voting for Obama.  McCain will come out in a Bengals hat and Brady Quinn jersey and the state will go (R) automatically.  Such is the power of football in Ohio.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:53:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Looking at that picture of Bristol, I have decided that my future daughters will never consume moose or caribou.  The last thing I need is adorable daughters that look great even without makeup.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#23]
she better take that sweatshirt off post haste or someone's gonna kick her ass in January.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:57:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
GO BUCKEYES!!!

Fixed it for you.

As a resident of Ohio for 25 years, I can assure you that it's often used in short.

As a former resident of OH (5 years), I don't recall the Buckeyes being referred to as the "Bucks."  That name was referred for some farm team in Milwaukee.  

However, I did hear a great deal of references to the Pittsburgh Pirates as the "Bucks and Bucko's!"  Many bars would have Buck Night whenever the Pirates had a night game.  $1 pitchers of beer and $1 per pound of wings were quite common.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#26]
because she knows The Ohio State Buckeyes is the best team!

And UF is for thugs/druggies like badfish
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

members.cox.net/renegade_sith2/miscjunk/everett-no-helmet.jpg

Great picture, badfish.

OSU may suck, but most folks in Ohio don't know it.  They're already changing their minds about voting for Obama.  McCain will come out in a Bengals hat and Brady Quinn jersey and the state will go (R) automatically.  Such is the power of football in Ohio.

True. Sad, but true

Current Ohio resident for 26 years, go BUCKS =P
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
And FSU is for thugs/druggies

Get it right.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
GO BUCKEYES!!!

Fixed it for you.

As a former resident of OH (5 years), I don't recall the Buckeyes being referred to as the "Bucks."  That name was referred for some farm team in Milwaukee.  

However, I did hear a great deal of references to the Pittsburgh Pirates as the "Bucks and Bucko's!"  Many bars would have Buck Night whenever the Pirates had a night game.  $1 pitchers of beer and $1 per pound of wings were quite common.

I don't know anything about Pittsburgh. Those people have one crossed eye.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get it right.

Shouldnt that be the University of Miami, err not the one on Ohio.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
she better take that sweatshirt off post haste or someone's gonna kick her ass in January.

COC VIOLATION!  
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because DU is full of retards.

Thread/

Day/
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get it right.

you would be referring to Thug U correct? the great learning institution of Druggery, Thuggery, and General Criminal Behavior.

i wonder how many convicted felons they will turn out this year.

GO HOKIES.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was in Pittsburgh earlier this year and attended my first Pirates game (nice stadium, BTW).

I never knew about the "Bucs" thing before that -- caught me off-guard for some reason.

The way I understand it is like this:

Pirate = Buccaneer = Bucc = Buck or Bucko.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because DU is full of retards.

That likes to bang on their drumsets!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The term "grasping at straws" comes to mind.

straws at least have discernable substance to the naked eye... try grasping air!

I thought they "Hoped in one hand and shiit in the other to see which on filled up first!"

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get it right.

FSU seems to have taken the crown as of late. Once Coker left, UM kinda quieted down.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I was in Pittsburgh earlier this year and attended my first Pirates game (nice stadium, BTW).

I never knew about the "Bucs" thing before that -- caught me off-guard for some reason.

As a former Pittsburgh resident, yeah sometimes they are called the Bucs.  However, it doesn't really matter what you call them, look at their record ....  

PS I really hope you passed on the Iron City beer.  It's swill.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get it right.

I thought Miami was THUG U?

I'd better get out of here before someone throws an AR down their driveway at me.

Edit:  damn, beaten by Silence.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#40]
So, to summarize. DU sees this pic, and thinks its a cynical attempt via a new staged photo, to get votes from Ohio voters.

Probable truth. Its an old picture. She wore it because it was chilly out and it was handy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Jeeze, I don't know what about the liberals makes them anything BUT liberal or demonstrative of democracy. DU has always been a den of the insane, so, expecting rationality out of those folks is a venture in futility.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#43]
BOO YAAA

www.scarletandgray.info/osu/songs/go_bucks.html

The newest fight song is Let's Go Bucks.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#44]
i cant read that crap they spew there..it gives me a massive headache from losing brain cells
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#45]
I dislike democrats immensely.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Is that you Karl Rove?

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I dislike democrats immensely.

posting over there will intensify that.

ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Stay out of the lunatic asylum. Those people are nuts, seriously. I bet that just about everyone that posts there falls into one of these categories.

1. Outright trolls. I’ve even been tempted to try trolling over there but the stupidity of that place is just too much. I could post a thread about how Sara Palin shoots moose and since moose are brown, it means that Republicans want to kill all brown people and get a lot of support. I don’t think I can make up shit too outrageous for them to swallow.
2. People suffering from severe personality disorders.
3. Dimwits who somehow get sucked into the mess.

The dynamic is simple. The trolls and the nuts post outrageous crap and the dimwits believe it… Problem is that the nuts also believe it, amplify it, and then post even more outrageous crap. This outrageous crap gets amplified by yet more nutcases in a positive feedback loop. In most social groups, even on the internet, there are enough reasonable people to keep this process from running away. But DU removes these moderating influences and bans them so there’s nothing to stop the BS cycle from going supercritical. At first the dimwits are too stupid to realize they are in an insane asylum and they believe the crap they hear. But eventually it gets too insane for them and they leave feeling confused and somewhat used.

Going to DU for political opinions is like going to a psychiatric hospital to get information on flying saucers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#49]
I got the banhammer

That did not take long at all.

Some idiot made a comment about how she wished the Palins wouldn't "force their daughter into the limelight".

I replied I agree, I mean it's not like the Obamas would ever use their children for political gain.

Instantly banninated.

ETA: not banninated yet.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Just thought I would put this tid bit of info out there:

No Pres. candidate has won the general election if they didn't win Ohio in the primary.  Hilary won Ohio....haha

While not directly related to the sweatshirt story.....DU can sit and think about that tidbit of info.

btw, McCain won the Ohio Rep. primary with 60% of the vote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top