Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 2:44:51 PM EDT
Hello All,

I have been surfing the site for years. Before the "FU A-rock" threads MCUZI sagas etc. Say around June 2000. Temped to make a run with handles such as TLOC45 and HOPPE.

I often see people post questions and recieve great info.

SO here it goes.

I recently was "downsized" and given 5 weeks severance pay on the east coast. Had to borrow $ and hustle a job and wound up in Evansville, IN>

Might be stuck out here for a while and decided to make the best of it for family. SO.................

To prevent being labeled as obsolete again, I thought about obtainig a online degree. Does anybody know anything about KennedyWestern university? They sound to good to be true.

Can anyone offer online experience or suggesttions for on line degrees?

I ask for assistance since everyone here will understand the pain i experienced selling off my gun collection to keep from going broke or wiping out retirements / savings (family $)  losing house etc while I pay for the rented townhouse, wait for old home to sell, pay for the move, etc..........

In any event this board has been a source of enless entertainment and good read for a long time. Thanks for all.....................

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Friendly bump.  

I don't have any experience with the online universities, but my dad had to change careers late in life.  He sought the advice of a "vocational" expert.  I also use these people in my business (attorney).  Whenever someone is hurt and is claiming they can't work again we use vocational rehabilitationists who have government or other experience at putting people back to work.  There are many state sponsored programs to get this help free.  It might be a good place to start to get pointed in the right direction before you retrain.  These people are usually pretty good and can show you stats on the success rates for "back to work" candidates based on retraining, new degrees, etc.  

In other words, they can show what works to get back to the workforce.

Hope this helps.

bd
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]
'nother bump
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen job ad's that require degrees from a university with a "real campus".  We had one guy who had a masters degree from the Univeristy of Phoenix. His nick name was Internet Professor.

YMMV
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I never heard of Kennedy Western.

Think long and hard before you decide to go the online route.  It takes a lot of discipline to make yourself do the work.  I have taken a few online classes and I have found them to be harder than tradition classes.

Many schools offer accelerated programs where you attend a class once a week.  I would thinkyou should be able to find something in Evansville.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:45:04 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the info....

looking to go online because I probably will have alot of free time but didnt want to waste it either.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top