Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2003 12:35:45 PM EDT
My DOS problem solved, I move now to a greater issue in life. Is it OK to use SImple Green to do occassional cleaning in my hot tub? I'm not talking major scrubbing, or dumping a gallon into the thing, but just spraying some diluted solution onto a sponge for occassional cleaning aroung the waterline, the top of the tub where the cover sits, the funk that builds up on the filter cover and things like that. I know Ram and LeisureTime sell products that are "safe" to use in the tub to clean these areas, but I've got scads of Simple Green, and the stuff works great. Plus I like the new lemon-scented stuff. The cleaners at the hot tub stores are spendy!

By the way, have you ever noticed that the more costly any cleaning product is, the more likely the instructions are to say, "apply generously?"
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
We have used it to clean acouple of our trucks that have gotten misted from oil tank cleaning and hazmat sites we work on. One of the trucks is a hightop van with a fiberglass top on it and it hasnt harmed the finish on that.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not concerned with the effect on the fiberglass, really. I'm more concerned if I'm going to get soap scum on the water or if it will upset the pH. I don't think it will harm anything - it's biodegradable, non-toxic, non-corrosive, non-flammable. In fact, it's so benign, I don't know how it works!
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You will have a bitch of a time getting it out of the pump/lines.
Unless you want to use a LOT of anti foam, for the next three months it will look like Lawrence Welk farted in your tub.
We use Bath and Spa cleaner from Thermo Spa, Yeah it cost more now, BUT.
It's sort of like anything you buy for your boat or RV, just tack on the words FOR MARINE AND RV USE, and the price triples.

Edited to ad: those immortal words, MAY VOID WARRANTY IF....
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Upon further reflection, I will follow the advice of Gunslinger808. $8. Big deal.

I will spend any amount to avoid possible imagery of Lawrence Welk farting in my hot tub. [puke]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#5]
And a one, and a two...
How 'bout those lovely Lennon sisters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top