Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 7:29:45 PM EDT
I want to rent one of those radar signs you see in some constructions zones areound town. Shows the MPH that your car is traveling.
Anyone have an idea where to go to find these bad boys??
What they rent for??
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#1]
When you see one in town just pull up and hitch it
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]
as far as I know....you can't rent them all the ones I've seen are owned by police depts
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Call the local PD that uses them and ask.

(That means I don't know either).
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#5]
these guys rent them out, but they're in Wisconsin.
www.nesworksafe.com/solar_radar_trailers.html
I suppose you could contact them and see if they know anyone in your area.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#6]
You said "hive."  Therefore I hate you and wont offer an answer.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When you see one in town just pull up and hitch it

I may try that
I live very close to the local elementary school and am tired of seeing kids trying to cross the street with these pompous idiots flying by.  
My thought was to rent one of those radar signs and run a web cam showing exactly who these retards are in the community.  Figure some public embarrassment would help slow them down some.  
Everyone is some concerned with appearance around here I figured I could shame them into slowing down before a kid gets ran over.
This drives me crazy and I don't even have kids.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You said "hive."  Therefore I hate you and wont offer an answer.

+1

the Hive = teh ghay
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I want to rent one of those radar signs you see in some constructions zones areound town. Shows the MPH that your car is traveling.
Anyone have an idea where to go to find these bad boys??
What they rent for??

Check with your local PD .They probably have one you can get for free.  Kustom Signals, the RADAR manufacturer sells them if that's no good.

Kustom Signals
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Just call up the PD and say hey we got a school that people are flying by, how about bringing the radar trailer by one day.

Hopefully that will work...for a day or so.

If not, log a complaint with the Hwy Patrol, tell them its dangerous for the kids and you'd like an officer to sit near the school and write tickets all day long.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys I think I got a good idea on how to proceed.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

kicking it up a notch?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

kicking it up a notch?

No fake cop stuff for me
I figure I will contact the local LEO and see if I can bug them into hangin out for a few days and writing some tickets.
If that don't work I will get with the HOA to see if they are interested in renting one of these radar rigs.
If that fails I am on m own with renting one myself and seeing what I can do alone.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#14]
If the local cops dont wnat to set up something just call the local TV station and ask if they would like to do a story.
One of the local tv's here has a radar gun and loves to send out a reporter and camera with to do a little story.
That will get some action. (usually with in 24 hours after the story airs)
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#15]
you could always string a couple of black air hoses across the road, making it look like a traffic timing survey...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Rope, Big Wheel, 3' dummy/doll, bush on each side of road.

Speeder approaches,
rope gets a big pull,
Big Wheel w/dummy gets hit,
drivers needs to change pants.

This is hypothetical of coarse, as I wouldn't want to encourage anything dangerous or illegal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top