Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 7:10:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2011 7:56:19 PM EST by FGracing]
This is a copy paste from another website.

The Town of (town deleted) through its Department of Public Works (DPW) has set up a refrigerated truck that accepts field dressed deer carcasses from hunters. The carcasses are then sent to a butcher in Nassau and then distributed to soup kitchens etc. (Deer meat obtained by hunting can not be sold in NY). As of Monday, the truck had collected 68 deer carcasses this season.

If you want a free carcass, you can call (name deleted) , DPW, (town deleted) Town at (XXX) XXX-XXXX and leave your phone number with him. When a hunter is dropping off a fresh field dressed carcass, they will call you to pick it up. Of course you have to butcher it yourself. But you can fill your freezer with lots of meat for free.

Would you take and eat and feed to your family meat from an unknown origin?? I mean who the fuck knows what happened to it before it got to you?

ETA there are people taking this meat that are still working. this is not just a soup kitchen thing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:18:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By FGracing:
This is a copy paste from another website.

The Town of (town deleted) through its Department of Public Works (DPW) has set up a refrigerated truck that accepts field dressed deer carcasses from hunters. The carcasses are then sent to a butcher in Nassau and then distributed to soup kitchens etc. (Deer meat obtained by hunting can not be sold in NY). As of Monday, the truck had collected 68 deer carcasses this season.

If you want a free carcass, you can call (name deleted) , DPW, (town deleted) Town at (XXX) XXX-XXXX and leave your phone number with him. When a hunter is dropping off a fresh field dressed carcass, they will call you to pick it up. Of course you have to butcher it yourself. But you can fill your freezer with lots of meat for free.

Would you take and eat and feed to your family meat from an unknown origin?? I mean who the fuck knows what happened to it before it got to you?

I would not, but not because I would be worried about the meat.

It is because someone else needs it more than me.

I have given a deer or two to a needy family before.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:21:44 PM EST

Well... sometimes I go to the grocery store... so...

...but first post is correct, I don't need it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:32:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2011 7:34:22 PM EST by FGracing]
Originally Posted By avenj:

Well... sometimes I go to the grocery store... so...

...but first post is correct, I don't need it.

Yeah we ALL trust the USDA, FDA, ATF...

This is offered to anyone not just people in need.

I do eat food (meat) from the market so I am not that paranoid.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:41:42 PM EST
LOL! Is this in the Northeast? We have people standing in line waiting for extra meat at the processors every year.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:49:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2011 7:50:32 PM EST by FGracing]
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
LOL! Is this in the Northeast? We have people standing in line waiting for extra meat at the processors every year.

NORTHEAST?? Hell yeah Long Island NY the land of $13,000 a year property tax and mid road homes selling for $300,000 to $500,000.

The unknown no name township is on one of the forks of Long Island. A township that i could not afford a home in.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:53:07 PM EST
I think this happens in a lot of places.
They do it here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:58:06 PM EST
We have a hunters for the homeless in this area. Except its a pretty tight knit group of hunters with a very high end walk in freezer and a butcher who does it for free.

deer from random sources loaded onto a truck sounds a little odd to me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:59:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By Badlatitude:

I'm pretty sure that's how they got the 'meat' for school lunches when I was growing up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:00:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2011 8:01:29 PM EST by FGracing]
We have a hunters for the homeless in this area. Except its a pretty tight knit group of hunters with a very high end walk in freezer and a butcher who does it for free.

I see you see what I see.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:04:37 PM EST
In college (TX) we did research on whitetail deer and had a collection permit. Would kill deer at night with a spotlight from a high rack and necropsy them. We would then donate the meat to a soup kitchen. The soup kitchen one day said they wouldn't take it any longer because the people at the soup kitchen didn't want to eat deer and wanted beef instead.

After that I've donated a lot less.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:05:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By ElectricSheep556:

I'm pretty sure that's how they got the 'meat' for school lunches when I was growing up.

it takes all types of critters to make farmer vincent fritters
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:10:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2011 8:19:01 PM EST by shiky]
DAMMIT WHY ARE YOU SPREADING THIS AROUND?!?!?! I WAS GONNA GET ALL THOSE CARCASSES FOR MYSELF!

PERSEC edit apparently...
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:12:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2011 8:15:34 PM EST by SkiShooter]
I don't see any problem with it. Neither would FDA or USDA. ATF on the other hand would probably shoot your dog...
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:14:03 PM EST
Originally Posted By SkiShooter:
I don't see any problem with it. neither would FDA or USDA. ATF on the other hand...

would use it as hog feed
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:15:19 PM EST

NORTHEAST?? Hell yeah Long Island NY the land of $13,000 a year property tax and mid road homes selling for $300,000 to $500,000.

The unknown no name township is on one of the forks of Long Island. A township that i could not afford a home in.

Free deer meat for the rich? liberal heads will explode and liberal/PETA heads exploding will be the end game of earth

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:25:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By ohiobob:

Free deer meat for the rich? liberal heads will explode and liberal/PETA heads exploding will be the end game of earth

Actualy not to far from the douchebags like Alec Baldwin and the like in the Hamptons. Seems if some painter or actor gets the Lyme they want nuke from orbit, give the spoils to the masses.

A link from last years news follows.
http://suffolktimes.timesreview.com/2010/09/2450/southold-deer-population-poses-health-threat/

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:34:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By NathanL:
In college (TX) we did research on whitetail deer and had a collection permit. Would kill deer at night with a spotlight from a high rack and necropsy them. We would then donate the meat to a soup kitchen. The soup kitchen one day said they wouldn't take it any longer because the people at the soup kitchen didn't want to eat deer and wanted beef instead.

After that I've donated a lot less.

Several years ago at a homeless shelter I asked the guys if they'd eat venison and almost to a man thay said they would. The woman that cooked thought they wouldn't but when I tolld her they would she agreed to cook it.

The guys ate the living hell out of it!

Maybe it is a geographical thing. WHo knows?

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:38:29 PM EST
I have no problem with the program, but I don't understand how there are any deer to donate
this is NY, not some place like SC that lets you kill 5 or more per season
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:20:31 AM EST

It's just 'cause you're on Long Island and we don't trust anyone to not be a murdering, pschopathic douchebag.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:28:45 AM EST
Last year in TN––Tennessee deer hunters donated 111,223 pounds of lean, high-protein venison that provided approximately 445,000 meals to their hungry neighbors through local food pantries.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:07:12 AM EST
The main reason i don't hunt is I'd waste the meat. If there were donations place near me I'd go help the community. With my rifle.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:12:04 AM EST
How much of it is road kill?

Danny
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:31:12 AM EST
There are a lot of programs around Ohio that give roadkill deer to soup kitchens.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:36:46 AM EST
I would trust that venison more than I trust beef from the grocery store.
Top Top