Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/2/2006 8:23:48 PM EDT
After seeing all of these BB hate threads, who else hasnt had issues with them?  I have never had an issue with BB in all my years. Of course I dont go in there expecting good information from them, so I research ahead of time so I know what I want. BUt has always been smooth, on purchases, exchanges and returns.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never had an issue.  I get all kind of cool stuff there, whenever I am in a town that has one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
No problems.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I havent, but then again I work there. I am the one who CREATES the issues.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Had some trouble trying to get warranty work.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
no problems here. Their prices are kind of high, but other than that no problems.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No problems.

+1
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Never had a promblem
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I've gotten nothing but utmost respect and excellent customer service.

I bought a computer from there, had issues, returned it th next day, no issues, everyone nice and 100% helpful. They even had the manager come out and kiss my ass to apologize for the lack of quality of the product.

My only issue is, it's a 45 minute drive there, but well worth it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No problems.

+1

+2
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No problems.

+1

+2

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#11]
No real problems. I bought a laptop years ago with an extended warranty (because I can't fix laptops like I can desktops or servers).

Had to use it a few months before it expired. Called them up and got a free replacement battery sent out without a hassle. (ok, they did screw up and send a bios battery out first, but they didn't make me send it back and they were quick with the real battery).

I've been in stores where the computer guys actually know what they're talking about and can give recommendations that are actually intelligent, without any sales pressure.

My only complaints would be two things: Long lines  to check out and the lound music playing all the time.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#12]
No problems.  But then again, I have never shopped there!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No problems.

+1

+2

+
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No problems.

+1

+2

+

wow, what a post pad!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I haven't.

But I've only been in a BB store 2 times.  Bought some DVD-R's, a couple of DVD's, and a CD.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I haven't had any problems but the only thing I have ever purchased at a Best Buy was Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun years ago.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#17]
No but I don't intend to shop there anytime soon.  There's a Fry's Electronics near me and a TigerDirect
outlet store.  If I have any computering needs I'm covered.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I never buy the extended warranties.  Having worked retail in my youth, I can tell by their reaction that they make a good profit on them, so I don't bite.

Other than that, no problems on the few purchases I've made there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Other than the sales staff being elusive, unhelpful and completely unknowledgable in the stores around here, no.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I have NOT had an issue with them. I purchased 2 computers, both had lots of rebates on them. I filled out the paperwork correctly, made copies of everything that I sent in just in case it was lost in the mail, but low and behold the rebates showed up in the time frame that they stated. I did have to refuse the extended warranty on the second computer several times, but otherwise I do not shop anywhere and ask questions. I go in already knowing the answers and knowing exactly what I want.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I got a free web cam from them a few years back.

$20 price with a $20 mail in rebate = FREE  

I refuse to allow any merchant / retailer bulldog me around.

Ain't gonna happen @ BB or anywhere else ......  EVER.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I havent in a few years, if I dont go there I dont normally have problems
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Never had a problem, when I have had to return something never had a problem with them, they were very accomadating.

Never had a problem with the service either.  It seems like I can't go more than 30 feet before being asked if they could help me.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't go there myself.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No problems.

+1

+2

+

wow, what a post pad!

+
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
No problems.  Simple alarm bypass, poor security, inadequate video surveillance, etc.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't really like them, but use them if it is close.

Dumbest cashiers, longest goddamn receipt I've ever had.

It's the WallMart of electronics.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#29]

I never have any problems with them. In fact, I usually have too many people asking me if I need helping finding anything or how are you doing today for the most part.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I try not to go there.  I usually succeed, save for a once a month excursion that reminds me of why I don't go there.  If I go, its usually for a stack of CD's.

I do all my electronics shopping online.  I buy my media (DVD's, games) off the clearance shelf or in the used games/video store.  Fantastic deals at Vintage Stock/GameExchange.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:39:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I’ve never had a problem with BB. Recently the HP laptop that I got from them killed itself right before my warranty expired and they gave me $1500 towards what ever new computer I wanted.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#32]
No problems in the 3 years we have been shopping there
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#33]
This is about what I thought.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:30:40 PM EDT
[#35]
No problems here, my friend is one of the Techs there, he gets to drive the Geek Squad-mobile which he incidentally wreaked last week
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Never had a promblem
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:53:40 PM EDT
[#37]
I find it depends on which one you go to.  There is one in Pinole that has been a pain in the ass on a couple occasions, especially when needing to return things.  The one in Walnut Creek was never a problem and customer service was always excellent.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:20:22 AM EDT
[#38]
BB is one of my favorite places to shop (and I shudder to think how much money I’ve spent there over the years).

Granted, I never ask for advice from the sales reps – and I invariably cut them off when they try to give me any.  I know what I want before I walk into the store.

Every once in a while they send me 10% off coupons for various categories of items.  (And I virtually never buy a high-ticket item without one of these coupons.)

I also like the way they’ve got their act together for rebate coupons.

My only complaint is that I typically have to run a gauntlet of sales reps trying to sell me extended warrantees (which I never get).

BB strikes me as a pretty miserable place to work though.  And there’s no doubt it’s an outfit that’s looking to make money!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:49:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Never had an issue with them. Bought two PC’s, one digital camera with accessories and numerous small things from time to time.

My latest PC package I purchased from them came with a flat screen monitor. Found out after I plugged the monitor in that a pixel was bad. Took it back to exchange and was given the options of my money back, exchange or repair, I chose exchange. When I looked on the shelf they were out of that particular monitor. I had to go with a slightly more expensive one that had no advertised rebates or was on sale.

The girl in customer service, with out saying a word, hooked me up with a mail in rebate which off set the cost  difference!

I think most customer service related bitching is started because of the customers attitude and not the attitude of the customer service person. Everyone these days expects to be compensated in some fashion when their purchase experience does not run 100% as they for see it, even when the circumstance is beyond the control of the seller.

I treat people with dignity and respect and get treated fairly in return. You act like an ass from the get go you get treated like one. Pretty simple.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:00:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Never had an issue with them. Bought two PC’s, one digital camera with accessories and numerous small things from time to time.

My latest PC package I purchased from them came with a flat screen monitor. Found out after I plugged the monitor in that a pixel was bad. Took it back to exchange and was given the options of my money back, exchange or repair, I chose exchange. When I looked on the shelf they were out of that particular monitor. I had to go with a slightly more expensive one that had no advertised rebates or was on sale.

The girl in customer service, with out saying a word, hooked me up with a mail in rebate which off set the cost  difference!

I think most customer service related bitching is started because of the customers attitude and not the attitude of the customer service person. Everyone these days expects to be compensated in some fashion when their purchase experience does not run 100% as they for see it, even when the circumstance is beyond the control of the seller.

I treat people with dignity and respect and get treated fairly in return. You act like an ass from the get go you get treated like one. Pretty simple.

Speaking from someone who has been in retail management for 10 years I would just like to say............AMEN BROTHER!!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:08:15 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No problems.

+1

+2

+

wow, what a post pad!

+

+
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:08:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Dupe
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:12:46 AM EDT
[#43]
I have never had a problem at Best Buy that was either not started in some way by me (me misreading an ad, etc.) or just having your typical "dealing with low motivation teenager employee" issues.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:13:28 AM EDT
[#44]
I have had no proablems with them.  I know better then to shop at a POS store like that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:20:56 AM EDT
[#45]
We got our best buy a couple of years ago and I've bought from them every few months with no issues so far.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:26:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:35:56 AM EDT
[#47]
No problems here!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:47:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:55:21 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Minor problem. Why do they charge tax on internet purchases?

Do they have a physical location in your state?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:02:08 AM EDT
[#50]
I've had my share of run-ins with Best Buy.

* Their finance system (when they do the "no payments/no interest for 1 full year" thing) is horrible. I don't use it anymore.

* Their return system SUCKS.

* Their delivery system SUCKS. I once purchased a refrigerator through them. They damaged a wall, which damaged the refrigerator door, when they were delivering it. We went in to complain- got the store manager, who was all of 27, 28 years old. He said "We can give you $50 off the refrigerator but you'll have to put a claim in with the delivery company" (they subcontract that out). Screw that. We returned the refrigerator and bought another one for a little more at Montgomery Wards (RIP).

* Their people know nothing and if you're doing a home theater system, do your homework first. You can't count on them for anything.

I will buy stuff from BB now and then but for the most part, I steer clear of them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top