Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2002 2:39:43 PM EDT
Last monday I had upper palette surgery.  They cut loose my upper jaw so they can widen it.  It healed for a week and this monday I started cranking open the expander in the roof of my mouth.  I give it 4 cranks a day for 6 days, with the last four cranks on this coming saturday.  4 cranks is equal to 1 mm per day.  This give me a total of 6mm expansion in the next week.  When I do it, it is the strangest feeling I have ever had...just bizarre.
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This feels really, really odd...
View Quote

I thought you were going to say you tried the left hand!  [:P]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I had braces when I was in my late twenties and the feeling you describe sounds like when they used to take needle nose pliers and tighten the wires to pull the teeth together after they created space by pulling four teeth.  It was a very strange sensation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top