Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2005 1:41:10 PM EDT
  Hello all!  I recently returned from South Carolina after attending my younger brothers boot camp graduation from Ft. Jackson.  Well....after the graduation, the old girlfriend and I wanted to see what South Carolina had to offer.  The place is a very pretty place with truly the nicest people we have met.

The one beef that I have with that area, along with alot of other places I have been, is that the mullet is still looked at as a "good to go"  hairstyle!!!!!   You see, you have to want a mullet and let it grow to a full flowing mullet.  Can anyone enlighten me as to why anyone would still choose this" horror of hairstyles" and to walk about in public when children are present ?  Comments please.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Business in the front, party in the rear.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What's wrong with mullets?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I always find it amazing that even after the "mullet awareness" program that's been going on now for several years, some people still think there's nothing wrong with it. It was one thing when no one was really talking about it, but post awareness program everybody talks about it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.mulletsgalore.com/

Beat me to it!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

[joe dirt]whoooo hooooo[/joe dirt]

A buddy of mine (yeesh) had one up til about a year ago. I was always tempted to ask "Who TF still cuts hair that way?"
edit-you haven't lived south of the Mason Dixon line til you've had a guy in a mossy oak sport coat and bolo tie sit down at the table next to you...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.mulletsgalore.com/

Oh....OH GOD!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:04:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I always find it amazing that even after the "mullet awareness" program that's been going on now for several years, some people still think there's nothing wrong with it. It was one thing when no one was really talking about it, but post awareness program everybody talks about it.

That is what I cannot understand.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Whatever do you mean?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
www.mulletsgalore.com/

OMG I found out wjat I used to be
15. hesher: Heshermullets like riding their BMX bikes around town and selling oregano (disguised as pot) to Junior High students on their way to the video arcade.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Ahhh...mullets...

aka The Kentucky Waterfall
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#15]

10. mulletard: a "special" person blessed with a mullet.

You never know what to expect from these gentle creatures.

yeah, i already know i'm going to hell (if you're laughing right now, you are too).

Mulletude: ?

Aggressiveness: ?

Hobbies: playtime, finger-painting.

Sightings: your mom's bed, random fields.

Favorite Bands: Raffi, Barney, Pearl Jam

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#16]

49. christianmullet: even if it isn't a mullet, it's a mighty fine picture.

plus it makes me want to go to church.

Mulletude: 2

Aggressiveness: 6

Hobbies: tattoos n' Christ.

Sightings: upstate NY.

Favorite Band: Stryper.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:32:39 PM EDT
[#17]
<pops in Skynard disc>

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
www.mulletsgalore.com/assets/images/classifications/05/madmullet.jpg

That dude's got the Joey Ramone look.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Celebrity Mullets, eh.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#20]
 Why do I suddenly have a Vandal's song stuck in my head???

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
www.mulletsgalore.com/assets/images/classifications/05/madmullet.jpg

Some PLEASE tell me that is his Mom's wig!

CWO
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
 Why do I suddenly have a Vandal's song stuck in my head???

+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:57:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[joe dirt]whoooo hooooo[/joe dirt]

prounounced "dear-tay"
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#24]
They are still popular in this area as well, and bald guys shaving their heads like black dudes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
They are still popular in this area as well, and bald guys shaving their heads like black dudes.

To paraphrase Dave Barry, "Why is it that a black guy with a shaved head looks cool, and a white guy with a shaved head looks like a giant thumb?"
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#26]
no-taste-us-maximus
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Achey Breakey Hair!

Ape Drape!

Hockey Hair!

And for you bald fuckers, the skullet!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I find mullets especiallly attractive on butch-dykes...Pics please
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Ferchrissakes, I think I know this guy.

Originally from Alabama, now lives in MA. Some kind of cubicle droid. And a real wackjob fuckstick. He has, um, issues.....

He was a Revolutionary War reenactor in one group I was in until he fired a triple load out of his Brown Bess flintlock one day at a reenactment in Canada, burning the guy next to him. He got thrown out of that outfit pretty quick after that, but it was long after I left them. He was as big a maroon as the rest of them....

This is the only pic I know of him. Not much, but all I can find. It's from 1998. He is behind and between the two guys with the beards who are in the front row. Trust me, that's the same guy as in the above mullet pic.

Sheesh- I get the all-overs just thinking about having to be near this guy. One time he brought a .303 Lee-Enfield over to one of the reenactors' houses. He started chambering rounds and ejecting them, just fooling around.....

Of course, he soon had an NG inside the guy's house, which went through the two walls of the house, then through both garage walls, and then to parts unknown.... Like I said, this mulletard was a real fuckstick.

(His mullet was long gone, but he was still a 'tard.)

Some people turn up at the weirdest possible places. The very tall fellow in the pic, whose face is not visible, is the guy whose face got burned by Mr Triple Load....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
www.mulletsgalore.com/assets/images/classifications/02/trash.JPG

Ferchrissakes, I think I know this guy.

Originally from Alabama, now lives in MA. Some kind of cubicle droid. And a real wackjob fuckstick. He has, um, issues.....

He was a Revolutionary War reenactor in one group I was in until he fired a triple load out of his Brown Bess flintlock one day at a reenactment in Canada, burning the guy next to him. He got thrown out of that outfit pretty quick after that, but it was long after I left them. He was as big a maroon as the rest of them....

www.fifthfoot.org/pictures/p30lg.jpg

This is the only pic I know of him. Not much, but all I can find. It's from 1998. He is behind and between the two guys with the beards who are in the front row. Trust me, that's the same guy as in the above mullet pic.

Sheesh- I get the all-overs just thinking about having to be near this guy. One time he brought a .303 Lee-Enfield over to one of the reenactors' houses. He started chambering rounds and ejecting them, just fooling around.....

Of course, he soon had an NG inside the guy's house, which went through the two walls of the house, then through both garage walls, and then to parts unknown.... Like I said, this mulletard was a real fuckstick.

(His mullet was long gone, but he was still a 'tard.)

Some people turn up at the weirdest possible places. The very tall fellow in the pic, whose face is not visible, is the guy whose face got burned by Mr Triple Load....

This all further proves the broad reach of ar15.com.  No one is safe.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#31]
The mullet correctly done does look good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Pic please.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#33]

This all further proves the broad reach of ar15.com.  No one is safe.

Even worse, the broad range of the mullet militia, ready to deploy at a moments notice. Like mullet sleeper cells taking over barber shops one at a time.......
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a supervisor with a mullet  We are on her every night about it.  We affectionately call her the "Mad Mullet".  

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:58:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Where did you get that name for a Mullet? I heard that term used when I lived in TN near Franklin . To be Exact I lived 17 miles South of Franklin TN in Theta . I doubt anyone has ever heard of this town , I was on the front porch of the little store in Fly TN where the owner sells guns and skins of Coyotes rabbits etc.. A guy walked out with a mullet and one of the older men there referred to his haircut as  Kentuck Waterfall . I nearly fell out when I heard this and thought it was the first naming of this type of doooo.  " hairdo". This still makes me laugh just thinking of it. Man how I miss that place. Do any of you know of or have heard of Fly or Theta TN?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Dog has the best mullet.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Back in the late 70's and early 80's I sported the Camaro Mullet.  Didn't have the mustache though.   Boot camp fixed me right up eventually.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Where did you get that name for a Mullet? I heard that term used when I lived in TN near Franklin . To be Exact I lived 17 miles South of Franklin TN in Theta . I doubt anyone has ever heard of this town , I was on the front porch of the little store in Fly TN where the owner sells guns and skins of Coyotes rabbits etc.. A guy walked out with a mullet and one of the older men there referred to his haircut as  Kentuck Waterfall . I nearly fell out when I heard this and thought it was the first naming of this type of doooo.  " hairdo". This still makes me laugh just thinking of it. Man how I miss that place. Do any of you know of or have heard of Fly or Theta TN?

We had a guy at work who used that term, along with "Mississippi Mudflap".
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Back in the late 70's and early 80's I sported the Camaro Mullet.  Didn't have the mustache though.   Boot camp fixed me right up eventually.  

I love the mulletsgalore entry for the camaro cut - IIRC correctly, hobbies were "wearing white jeans" and "fucking bitches in the shitter".  Undoubtedly had a high aggressiveness rating....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#41]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullet_%28haircut%29

An excerpt

The mullet goes by various nicknames, including Ape Drape, Camaro Cut, Shlong (Short-Long), Sfelby (Short Front, Long Back), Mississippi Mudflap, Hockey Hair, Femullet (woman's variety), ten-ninety , Tennessee Tophat and Kentucky Waterfall, Neck Warmer, Canadian Passport and Coupe Longueuil (Quebec French term meaning Longueuil-haircut).
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:41:27 PM EDT
[#42]
 Make mine short in the front, long in the back thanks.   I am hoping for a mullet renaissance soon,  beeeeeautiful!
Half the fun of watching The Bounty Hunter is to admire dog's hair, and of course Beth's buxom figure.  Those footballs in her bra?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Dog has the best mullet.

entertainmentworld.us/GMX/gallery/Contest/Dog/hi_res11180308_1.jpg

I......I can't stop laughing!!!!!!!  Dog has the "Tactical Mullet!"
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Then there's the well-groomed mullet-head, complete with gold Bling-Bling and mail order false teeth.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:50:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Dang! Somebody just sent me another pic of "mullettrash" from my post above.

New pic:

Third from the left in the front row. Yep- it's him, all right.

Funny enough, he should have kept his mullet- a mullet is just about what soldiers wore for hairstyles in 1775.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#46]
I think Bill Wilson still has one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Mullet is more than a HAIRCUT!  IT'S A LIFESTYLE!!!

One does not need to HAVE A MULLET to BE A MULLET!!!

Just go to the Shotgun forum on this site.  Anyone using a Shotty for home defense is a FUCKING MULLET and probably doesn't even realize it!

If you have a lifted truck with a NO FEAR sticker on the window and a set of Quad racers, you are A FUCKING LOSER MULLET!

Don't be fooled by the lack of APE DRAPE..

Mullets are all around...  Even on this site!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Though I dont dig the long hair with short on top look.

Dont forget this country was mostly created by men with long hair.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#50]
It's a FULL HOUSE!!!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top