Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 8:26:02 PM EDT
GW or Kerry (his friends call him Fuckhead)

Who is most likley? This is, or will be an important question at some point in time.
Only answer if your have knowledge of Biblical Events.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Hillary
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Well according to the bible the Anti-Christ has to be Jewish and doesnt Kerry have a Jewish ancestor.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm convinced that I am the antiChrist.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Who is most likley? This is, or will be an important question at some point in time.

In that case, me.[
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Aren't we all supposed to like this anti-christ?  Bush pisses me off from time to time and Kerry is a damned fraud.hen

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Howard Stern
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Kerry isn't smart enough to be a janitor, let alone the antichrist.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Kerry isn't smart enough to be a janitor, let alone the antichrist.

Or any other Dimocrat politician currently at the national level.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#9]

MT
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#10]
My daughter told me the other day that she would not vote for Kerry and that she thought he was the anti-christ.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You're right....look at innocent_bystander's avatar!

I believe it was Nostradomus who wrote:

"...and he shall have a legion of revolver toting chimps, and the world will tremble at their deadly accuracy and mad cap antics. Oh, and they will all be named Hilter, or Hister, or something. Barkeep! Where is my flagon of mulled wine?"

...ofcourse, my translation could be off.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Neither

The AC will be a clearly heralded, charasmatic individual who will atempt to start his own world religeon....

The closest we've come in recent years, as far as national media figures go, was Koresh...

And he was not even a tad bit close....

Hitler & Stalin were probably the closest ones we've seen in the 20th Century
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Perhaps, for you are a Glock enthusiast.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#15]
according to what I have studied I believe that the anti christ will be someone that we all least expect. He will broker peace between irael and her enemies that will last some number of years that I cannot readily remember. He will probably seem to be a really nice guy, save the enviroment, feed the hungry etc. He will seem to be the perfect leader that noone can seem to hate. But He will be filled with the devil and proclaim himself god. Of course he will be in for the shock of his life.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Well he is suppossed to come from the Middle East wearing a blue turban. He is already here.
He is not a person but an entity.  Who is in the Middle East with blue on the head?

The U. N.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
according to what I have studied I believe that the anti christ will be someone that we all least expect. He will broker peace between irael and her enemies that will last some number of years that I cannot readily remember. He will probably seem to be a really nice guy, save the enviroment, feed the hungry etc. He will seem to be the perfect leader that noone can seem to hate. But He will be filled with the devil and proclaim himself god. Of course he will be in for the shock of his life.

Yes something like this, I kind of get the impression that everyone will like him.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Well he is suppossed to come from the Middle East wearing a blue turban. He is already here.
He is not a person but an entity.  Who is in the Middle East with blue on the head?

The U. N.

There's no blue turban actually in the Bible...

And there are no bluehelmets in the Middle East
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Thats the way I always understood it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The U. N.

I'm with you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Michael Jackson

...but of those two choices: Kerry; if for no other reason: his wife is a Succubus.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The U. N.

Didn't this come from nostradamus writings?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#24]
you can not really seperate the homogenous beast  into its seperate parts

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Here's what the Bible says about him.

The King Who Exalts Himself
Danial 11:36 "The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place. 37 He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the one desired by women, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all. 38 Instead of them, he will honor a god of fortresses; a god unknown to his fathers he will honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts. 39 He will attack the mightiest fortresses with the help of a foreign god and will greatly honor those who acknowledge him. He will make them rulers over many people and will distribute the land at a price.   NIV
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's what the Bible says about him.

The King Who Exalts Himself
Danial 11:36 "The king will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods. He will be successful until the time of wrath is completed, for what has been determined must take place. 37 He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the one desired by women, nor will he regard any god, but will exalt himself above them all. 38 Instead of them, he will honor a god of fortresses; a god unknown to his fathers he will honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and costly gifts. 39 He will attack the mightiest fortresses with the help of a foreign god and will greatly honor those who acknowledge him. He will make them rulers over many people and will distribute the land at a price.   NIV

Adolf Hitler and his Nazi cult are the closest Western example I can think of.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#27]
kerry and most of his party
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Dan Rather?

Or just pick out a fucking lib, any lib will do.

But Hitlery comes to mind first.

A 7 dead terrorist salute to her.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#29]
its weird that this topic came up because 2 days agao i had a dream i was the anti-christ and god was laying judgement on me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#30]
We will all be shocked by whomever ends up being the anti-christ. It will be someone that noone expects.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Without reading yet to see if anyone else has posted this:

Nicolae Carpathia.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#32]
The two most likely candidates are Nero and Caligula.

Seriously.

Dispensationalism is a heretical, and extremely dangerous, doctrine.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:16:44 AM EDT
[#34]
The reason I started this thread was on  a thought but:  We are in the last Dispensation
(the Latter Days) at the end of the last dispensation Christ will desend form Heaven and rule the Earth for a thound years. With all of this Mid East Shit going on it is a relevant question.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:25:09 AM EDT
[#35]
My girlfriends cat
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:29:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Michael Moore?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The U. N.

Didn't this come from nostradamus writings?

Maybe, but nostradamus was (a) almost entirely wrong, and (b) definately not biblical 'cannon'...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Without reading yet to see if anyone else has posted this:

Nicolae Carpathia.

Thats a good one

I believe he will come from the European Union...There's somthing about his Coat of Arms having a Lion...Does England ring a bell ???
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Adolf Hitler and his Nazi cult are the closest Western example I can think of.

Adolf was more like the dictator tthat we'll see rise to power again. History repeats itself.

I've researched this topic at lenght and I'm still learning new stuff.  Besides the Bible I use a Bible concordance, Halleys Bible handbook and various other literature.  Here what I believe the Bible says on the matter:

The word antichrist was coined only once in the Bible in 1 John 18-22.  John was refrering to what the spirit of antichrist would be embodied in an individual.  By John's definition there have been MANY millions of antichrists throughout history.  
The single evil religious leader in the end times is better known as the "man of sin", the "great false prophet" or "son of perdition". This person will specifically: ....oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God. NIV 2 thess 2:4  
He will work directly with the national beast (the evil end-time governernment) as it's state religion and be a religious support in enforcing the mark of the beast.  People will fall for the deception too! Dont believe it? Read 2 thess 2:10-12.

The office that the anti-christ will occupy has been around since the 4th century.  From that office his predecessors have run a STATE religion/church that has intermingled with world governments since it's beginning. World leaders bend their knee to his office and position and he sends ambassadors to all nations.
His subordinates run things like a regular government.  They are hard men striving for power within the organization.  It's no different than narmal politics and bureaucracy.  If you took the religious air out of this organization you'd see an autonomous governement.  It even coins it's own money!  
I'm making these points about how governmental it is because the Bible describes different beasts in Danial and Revelations.  Beasts, mountains and horns in prophesy are prophetic descriptions for human governments.  They are almost always evil.  The Bible describes a religious beast Rev 13:11; Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon.  It looks like Christ (lamb) but speaks like satan (dragon).  This religious beast has specific properties that can be recognized throughout history and in this time period.  This same religious beast will be in cahoots with another beast that is a national government and is ruled by the end-time dictator.  It's all described in Rev 13.

If you want a nice 27 page summary/explanation of all this I can provide a link, just IM or e-mail me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#40]
who here thinks well see the rise of the anti christ in our lifetime????
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#41]
There are many Christian who do not believe in the "future end times" interpretation of Revelation.   The following is an introduction to the last book of the Bible from The New American Bible, translated from the original languages with critical use of all the ancient sources by members of the Catholic Biblical Association of America, 1971.

"The Book of Revelation, the the Apocalypse, is the last book of the Bible, and perhaps the least read.  It is also one of the most difficult to understand because it abounds in unfamiliar and extravagant symbolism, which at best appears unusual to the modern reader.  Symbolic language, however, is one of the chief characteristics of apocalyptic literature, of whch this book is an outstanding example.  Such literature enjoyed wide popularity in both Jewish and Christian circles from 200 BC to 200 AD.

"This book contains an account of visions in symbolic and allegorical language borrowed in part from the Old Testment, especially Ezekial, Zechariah, and the apolcalyptic Book of Daniel.  Whether these visions were real real experiences of the author or simply literary conventions employed by him is an open question, the solution of which in no way adds to, or detracts from, the divine inspiration of the book.

"Symbolic descriptions are not to be taken as literal descriptions, nor is the sybolism capable of being pictured realistically.  One would find it both difficult and repulsive to visualize a lamb with seven horns and seven eyes; yet Chris our Lord is described in precisely such words.  The author used these images to suggest Christ's universal power (seven horns) and knowledge (seven eyes).  Another significant feature of apocalyptic writing is the use of sybolic colors and numbers (four signifies the world; six, imperfection; seven, totality; twelve, Israel's tribes or the Apostles; thousand, immensity).  Finally, the vindictive language in the book is also to be understood symbolically, and not literally.  The cries for vengeance that sound so harsh on the lips of Christian martyrs are in fact literary devices the author employed to evoke in the reader and hearer a feeling of horror for aposty and rebellion, which will be severely punished by God.

"The Book of Revelation cannot be adequately comprehended except against the historical background which occasioned its writing.  Like the Book of Daniel and other apocalypses, it was composed as resistance literature to meet a crisis.  The book itself suggest that the crisis was ruthless persecution of the early church by the Roman authorities; the harlot Babylon symbolizes pagan Rome, the city on seven hills.  The book is, then, an exhortation and admonition to the Christian to stand firm in the faith and to avoid compromise with paganism, despite the threat of adversity and martyrdom; he is to await patiently the fulfillment of God's mighty promises.  The triumph of God in the world of men remains a mystery, to be accepted in faith and longed for in hope.  It is a triumph that unfolded in the history of Jesus of Nazareth, and continues to unfold in the history of the individual Christian who follows the way of the cross, even, if necessary, to a martyr's death.

"Though the perspecitve is eschatological -- ultimate salvation and victory are said to take place at the end of the present age when Christ will come in glory at the Parousia -- the book presents the decisive struggle of Christ and his followers against Satan and his cohorts as already over.  Christ's overwhelming defeat of the kingdom of Satan has ushered in the everlasting reign of God.  Even the forces of evil unwittingly carry out the divine plan, for God is the sovereign Lord of history.

"The Book of Revelation had its origin in a time of crisis, but it remains valid for Christians of all time.  In the face of evils from within and without, the Christian can condidently trust in God's promise to be with the church forever.

"The author of the book calls himself John, who because of his Christian faith has been exiled to the rocky island of Patmos.  Although he never claims to be the apostle of the same name, many of the early church Fathers so identified him.  This identification is not altogether certain.  Vocabulary, grammar, and style make it doubtful that the book could have been put into its present form by the person(s) responsible for the fourth gospel.  Nevertheless, there are definite linguistic and theological affinities between the two books.  The tone of the letters to the seven churches is indicative of the great authority the writer enjoyed over the Christian communities in Asia.  It is quite likely, therefore, that he was at least a disciple of the apostle John, who also lived in that part of the world.  The date of the composition is probably near the end of the reign of Domitian, a fierce persecutor of the Christians."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top