BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 11:07:42 AM EDT
www.bfro.net/GDB/show_article.asp?id=449
Sunday, August 07, 2005

Constant Sasquatch watch held in Honobia

By Ron Jackson
The Oklahoman

HONOBIA - The stories are as alluring as the Kiamichi Mountains from which they spring.

Gigantic footprints embedded in the soil. Unfamiliar moans and shrills emanating from the forest. Hairy, ape-like creatures darting across remote creeks and roads.

Such accounts are told by seasoned woodsmen, reared on a lifetime of stalking wild game in the mountain ranges that surround their homes. Such accounts also are told by second- and third generation loggers who are as hardened and rugged as the terrain they work.

Most, but not all, are reluctant to share their experiences. No one wants to be ridiculed for relating the unexplained things they have seen or heard.

So, few admit they have encountered Bigfoot.

And yet stories of close encounters with this legendary creature keep tumbling into the mountain hideaway of Honobia like a never-ending rockslide.

“There is something out there,” said Harold Yates, a Honobia resident who retired last week after 30 years with the state Forestry Services. “I don’t know what it is, but something is definitely out there.”

Yates hears the stories frequently from neighbors who trust he won’t laugh at their accounts. Yates would never think of laughing. He is still puzzled by experiences he had five years ago while building a log cabin on Little River, a main waterway that snakes through the valley cradling Honobia.

One day Yates was cutting planks on his saw, listening to the piercing sound of wood colliding with a saw blade. He says that’s when he heard a creature seemingly answer him in a deafening sound that mocked his sawing.

On another occasion, in the stillness of night, Yates heard large rocks being slammed into the river below his cabin. The crashing sound continued for 40 minutes and unnerved his family.

“I don’t know what could have made those sounds,” said the soft-spoken Yates, 51. “That’s the trouble. I don’t know anything that can make those noises.

“I know a bear can’t.”

Logger Randall Wright, 43, tells of tracks he saw in the woods: “They were 151/4 inches long, 7 inches wide - with five toes.”

“I know Bigfoot is out there,” said Wright, born and raised in Honobia. Whispering, Wright adds with a devilish grin, “And if I see it, I’m going to shoot it, too.”

Wright is serious. He carries a loaded rifle in his truck at all times.

Yates is left with speculation and wonder. He is far from alone in a valley where Bigfoot sightings and strange experiences also have been reported in the neighboring communities of Nashoba, Octavia, Ludlow and Watson.

The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, which maintains a national database of purported sightings, has collected 58 such testimonials in Oklahoma since 1971. Nineteen of those eyewitness accounts came from the Kiamichi Mountains, which encompasses vast stretches of timberland in parts of Le Flore, Pushmataha and McCurtain counties.

Honobia sits on the Le Flore-Pushmataha county line - literally.

“On one side of the street is Pushmataha County,” explained Honobia’s postmaster Karen Pierce, 41. “Cross the street and you’re in Le Flore County. Funny, huh? ... But I love it here. It’s so beautiful.”

Honobia’s beauty is matched only by its remoteness. Residents, some of whom received electricity for the first time in 1952, drive 16 miles to the nearest gas station and 20 miles to the nearest ATM.

A trip to a grocery store could be anywhere from 55 to 70 miles, depending on which direction one travels. If they drive east on State Highway 144, they are traveling on the last unpaved highway in the state.

“There’s only one thing wrong with Honobia,” said Garland Cogburn, a Honobia resident who lives on Little River. “We’re just so far from anything. Other than that, this place is perfect.”

Honobia is nestled in the heart of the Honobia Creek Wildlife Management Area, which includes 130,000 acres of commercial timberland thick with cedar, oak, box elder, and pine trees. Wild hogs, bear, deer, and panthers are some of the animals that roam its rugged terrain. The land is owned by two private forest investment companies - the Hancock Natural Resources Group and Renewable Resources, LLC. - and is managed by the State Wildlife Conservation Department in a unique partnership.

The vastness of the forest is mindboggling; remote enough for a man to wander into and disappear forever. Or, as some would claim, immense enough for an unknown species to live with virtually no detection.

A Bigfoot shooting?
Honobia’s stature as Bigfoot territory grew in January 2000 when a local woodsman named Tim Humphreys claimed he shot at a Bigfoot in the woods behind his home.

Humphreys’ encounter was documented by the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, which sent investigators to interview Humphreys and set up a surveillance at his home. Investigators learned the shooting culminated two years of alleged terror by “at least one Bigfoot,” which had been prowling his property at night.

The avid Honobia hunter said the creature was stealing deer meat from an outbuilding freezer. As time passed, the creature became bolder by tapping on windows and even jiggling doorknobs.

“Tim and his family were genuinely terrified by this Bigfoot,” said Wright, the logger. “And I have no reason not to believe him ... He saw it and he was armed to the teeth. He had loaded guns on the porch and in the house - everywhere. He had floodlights all around his house.

“He had just had enough.”

Humphreys told investigators he shined a light into the face of a charging Bigfoot and fired his assault rifle at the massive creature from 70 yards away. The Bigfoot retreated into the woods and cut loose with eerie wails.

Soon, similar sounds were coming from other nearby creatures.

“Tim told me they were talking to each other in all kinds of grunts and gibberish,” Wright said. “Tim said he was afraid to run in there after it. The next morning I went to the spot where the Bigfoot ran and I personally saw blood splattered on trees 9 feet high for about 200 yards. That’s where it was carried away by two other Bigfoots.

“A logger told Tim later he was driving down the road with his truck when he saw two of these creatures carrying a third one across the road. He turned his truck around six times on that road because he couldn’t believe what he was seeing.”

The logger, like much of the physical evidence from that night, disappeared.

A heavy rain the next day washed away any traces of blood, and Bigfoot investigators found nothing more than a mutilated deer in the vicinity where the Bigfoot supposedly fell. Even the Humphreys vanished abruptly, leaving refrigerated food and furniture in their wake.

Neighbors tell conflicting stories about the family’s whereabouts.

“Tim just grew tired of people laughing and he quit talking,” said Charla Wright, Randall’s wife. “I know this: Tim’s wife was terrified and she wouldn’t go back to that home after what she saw. And I believe her. I believe they saw a Bigfoot.”

Television media crews and print journalists soon began appearing in Honobia, leaving a legacy of their own with campy or playful reports that made locals feel embarrassed.

“People will make fun of you,” Yates explained. “I know I’ll never go on camera again.”

A legacy of encounters
The sensational ordeal told by the Humphreys actually was a new twist on an old story around Honobia, where Bigfoot sightings date back hundreds of years. Choctaw elders who lived in the region have been telling legends of mammoth, hairy creatures roaming the Kiamichi Mountains for generations.

Charlene Cusher, a Choctaw from nearby Watson, remembered hearing one such story from her grandparents. They spoke of a little boy who wandered into the forest and got lost.

“When they found the boy he was fine,” said Cusher, 54. “He said ‘that thing’ took care of him, referring to the creature ... As for me, I’d have to see it to believe it were true.”

Fellow Choctaw Billy Ludlow of Honobia became a staunch believer in Bigfoot 54 years ago at age 11 when he encountered a gigantic, bipedal creature on Little River. Ludlow and two playmates were goofing around one Sunday night after church when they heard metal beams snapping on the unfinished bridge above.

“I looked up and saw this large, hairy animal stand up on two legs like a man,” said Ludlow, 65. “I’d guess it to be 9 or 10 feet tall with broad shoulders and hair all over. I was always the slowest runner among my friends. But on that night, I was the fastest.”

“We ran to my grandmother’s cabin and slammed the door shut. It was chasing us. Something came and pushed the door two or three times, and then went away. I know they are out there.”

The proof?
Proof of Bigfoot’s existence in these mountains - or at least proof of an unknown animal - might be on the way.

Ludlow hunter Odell Rose recently collected a fistful of fine, woolly brown hair on a tree he couldn’t match to any known animals in the region. The foul-smelling hair intrigued Rose so much he has sent it to the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization for DNA testing.

Rose, 65, said he doesn’t believe in Bigfoot.

“Odell and I have lived up here for 20 years,” said LaVelle Rose, 53. “We used to ride mules and horses all over these mountains, and we’ve never seen anything like a Bigfoot. My husband is one of those hard-core people who doesn’t believe in much. He’s from the old school.

“But he’s never seen any hair like this before. He’d like to know what it is.”

Rose laughed, “Maybe it is Bigfoot hair.”

Bibliographical Information:

Ron Jackson is a staff writer for The Oklahoman.

I know someone from here did it!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if you would be charged with a crime if you did shoot bigfoot?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Best round to take out bigfoot?  It will require more than some little M855 or M193, I can tell ya that!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I personally belive in Bigfoot.
There is no way for there to have been this many sightings, for this many years, in this many parts of the world.
Has to be SOMETHING out there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Forget shoot,shovel and shut up, it would be more like shoot, shoot, shoot and run like dog with hot grease on his ass!

BTW lots of info on the net of BF in Tennesse. Even on the Knoxville news!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#5]
If I were hunting Bigfoot, here's who I'd want with me

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#6]
i know the man in question as well as his brother and cousins..personally..

he dusted his ass with a sks..2 times..
once in the chest and a head shot...

it caused quite a stink...back that winter..

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I recall reading where some town in the Northwest passed a law making it a crime to kill one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Found this pic on Coast to Coast AM's website the other day...

www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page931.html?theme=light
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Remember the guys from "that other board" that trolled the bigfoot forums?  The story about getting assraped by bigfoot was unforgetable.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi Muddydog,

Have not seen a post of yours since the last large bigfoot thread. I find your stories fascinating, and if you dont mind posting a few more I would be really pleased to read them.

What else do you know about this particular incident or any others you have run across?

If you dont mind sharing

Dram out
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hi Muddydog,

Have not seen a post of yours since the last large bigfoot thread. I find your stories fascinating, and if you dont mind posting a few more I would be really pleased to read them.

What else do you know about this particular incident or any others you have run across?

If you dont mind sharing

Dram out

+1
Ever since the Bigfoot posts in the OK forum I have been doing alot of internet bigfoot research and there is ALOT of information out there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Best round to take out bigfoot?  It will require more than some little M855 or M193, I can tell ya that!

How about 30 rounds of 150 grain TAP from my FAL???
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

No, no laws against it cause he doesnt exist.

So they say.....

-HS
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about 30 rounds of 150 grain TAP from my FAL???

You may as well be shooting a pellet gun! This ugly MF's calls for something launching 400+ grains of hard cast lead. I would not knowingly go after that SOB with no less than a 50 beowulf/45-70 or maybe a 458 socom with that 600 grain load and then have a  4"S&W 500 mag with heavy loads in it as backup. Hell I even have info of a man in OK who claims to have pics of them caught on his game cam, offering for people to hunt them on his land!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:56:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw big foot while shopping for a unicorn. It was having tea with Santa Clause.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I saw big foot while shopping for a unicorn. It was having tea with Santa Clause.

Where were you shopping??  Narnia????
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Elvisp, the man in OK you reference claiming to have pictures and organizing hunts on his property is uhhhh, uhhhh, I can't think of a nice way to put it. Don't bother.......I've seen the pics, move on people nothing to see here. Just someone looking for their 15 minutes of fame.   The picture you posted has made the rounds on several BF boards and has been determined to come from an old movie still.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I recall reading where some town in the Northwest passed a law making it a crime to kill one.

I personally think the whole 'bigfoot' thing is an elaborate hoax.

Having said that, it is my understanding that if one were killed, the killer would be charged with murder, were it to happen within the U.S.

I could be wrong.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#19]
If it is an animal, why would it be murder???
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Same charges as shooting a unicorn or elf.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:14:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

They are, hypothetically speaking, considered to be human.

(And FWIW, humans ARE animals, from a biological standpoint)

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forget shoot,shovel and shut up, it would be more like shoot, shoot, shoot and run like dog with hot grease on his ass!

BTW lots of info on the net of BF in Tennesse. Even on the Knoxville news!

I used to be into the whole bigfoot thing. There are so many claims of people shooting bigfoot its beyond stupid now.

Honobia is a recurring one, a group claims to have shot one and grabbed DNA but when pressed, it was always an excuse after excuse. A lady in TN claims to have a family of them and they steal china, eat garlic, rape kids, kill horses and piss blue.

I pretty much gave up on the hopes of somethign like that existing. I still think it would be cool if ther wer some strange bipedal primate that could elude us, but most of it, is not all, is pure crap.

There are some folks in that community of bigfoot people who are probably more skeptical than most skeptics and shred each bigfoot sighting apart for inconsistencies and hoaxes. I respect them because they are so into it, they dont take crap from hoaxers and flakey claims. There could be somethign out there but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Man, Bigfeet stuff gives me the willies. I read about the incident in question on the BFRO site. They have some strange, spooky stuff there, including recording of supposed Bigfoot screams...All I know, If I was camping or living in a wilderness are and heard that, it would take a week to clean the sh*t stains out of my undies....

The story mentioned is some scary stuff when you read the whole thing...if true, their home was surrounded by Bigfeet, they (the Bigfeet) had hurled boulders down towards the house, they had tried to get into the house. That is one thing I find strange...if something so big and powerful wanted in, how come they didn't just get in? Breaking down a door should be no problem for them....

In any case, If I saw one and was armed you better believe I would try to waste it...screw letting one of them get me...and I could care less what the environmentalists would have to say...

I wonder if they taste like chicken...one bigfoot could probably feed a family for a while
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#24]
I wouldn't be surprised to see a murder indictment if it ever happened.
However, self defense would be a damn good defense, I supect.
I would like to see a definitive answer, in the form of a mass sighting, or an injured, or dead one.
I don't really believe in them, but the story is so intriguing, I want to believe.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#25]

And yet they get no political representation...

Sasquatch Suffage Now!

Power to the Primates!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(And FWIW, humans ARE animals, from a biological standpoint)

I would think it would be more of an Ape.  Getting back to what Caliber to use though, I think my .340 Weatherby would ruin its day.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Oh and BTW that BFRO group charges people $800 to go on bigfoot expeditions. They rely on the participants imaginations. Every outing folks some back with "sounds" "smells" and the occasional possible sighting. They blast calls of alleged bigfeet into the hills,  they smack trees with sticks, they wear pheremone chips (from apes) and becuase they spent so much $$ and becuase theya re so into it, their imaginations create the encounter. If the organizer, whos name is Moneymaker wasnt just a jerk, I would say he is a genius.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#29]
3 words:

Back.  Yard.  Monster.

You know the thread.  They do exist.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
You may as well be shooting a pellet gun! This ugly MF's calls for something launching 400+ grains of hard cast lead. I would not knowingly go after that SOB with no less than a 50 beowulf/45-70 or maybe a 458 socom with that 600 grain load and then have a  4"S&W 500 mag with heavy loads in it as backup. Hell I even have info of a man in OK who claims to have pics of them caught on his game cam, offering for people to hunt them on his land!

"50 beowulf/45-70 or maybe a 458 socom" all of those are still a little light. Maybe the 45-70 with hot loads would be ok.

I would start with minimum of a .375 H&H. And from there I would go strictly African big bore (.416 .458 .577). Personally I would use the .458 Lott. I know its not a NINJA tactual as the cals posted by elvisp. But more in tune to taking large game cleanly.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't know if they exist. A lack of proof is not proof that something isn't there. A lot of nuts wrapped up in the whole thing. I really doubt a large creature could go so long without leaving a corpse, either natural or shot by somebody.
People have even reported stuff in PA where I usually live. In fact, you hear a fair number of strange stories of things seen and heard in the woods. Most of it's probably BS.

That said, I don't hike without a weapon
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
3 words:

Back.  Yard.  Monster.

You know the thread.  They do exist.

?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:31:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Wasn't me that shot him.  I'm too busy setting claymores for that damn chupacabra.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
If I were hunting Bigfoot, here's who I'd want with me

www.rockhardplace.com/horror/images/tremors/bert-with-gun.jpg

Burt never carries enough magazines on his person to suit me. But he'd be fun to have along!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#35]
There's a lot of strange goings on in that part of the state.

Sasquatch ain't the only thing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Tim (Tug).. and his brother (who i know well enough to have his number programmed in my cell phone)
grew up down there...and know full well what the monkees are that live down there.

Tug, had a place in the boonies..that he had groomed the area surrounding the house for potting deer at night.

he has planted winter peas all around the house..as well as other things to attract deer..so he could take a night shot on a deer anytime he wanted to kill one.

well the area was very well known to have monkees..and Tug knew it. he and his family had seen them on his place..

the monkees..were in the area..hunting deer. thats what they do.

one monkee which by size and by attitude seemed to be a large juvenile male..got really bold..

so bold to go as far and start slapping the side of the house..whenever the monkees were hunting deer near the house..to keep Tugs family inside..

stuff like that went on quite alot.

finally one day..

one of the kidz came inside..and said that a monkee (the previously mentioned juvie) was out there..

Tug grabbed his SKS, and out in the yard was this one monkee in question. Tug threw up the rifle and shot him dead center mass...the animal dropped..and was rolling on the ground girgling in blood..

while it was thrashing around, he shot it in the head..

2 monkees..which were females came out of the woods and started dragging the dead one off into the timber.

once they got the dead one close by the edge of the timber..a HUGE MALE..came out and threw the dead one over its shoulder and took off deep into the timber.

i've seen pics...of the area after the shooting and have discussed this at length with his brother. another member of ARFCOM..who posts here regularly hunts with me..and has also met everyone involved.

this event caused a major bruhaha...

Tug moved shortly afterwards...after he cut most of the timber off...

if you have any questions..IM me...
we have lots of info..we just try to limit giving it out..except to those who really are interested..without..the BS..that is generally involved.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

<snip>

we have lots of info..we just try to limit giving it out..except to those who really are interested..without..the BS..that is generally involved.

More please..
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:05:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Tim (Tug).. and his brother (who i know well enough to have his number programmed in my cell phone)
grew up down there...and know full well what the monkees are that live down there.

Tug, had a place in the boonies..that he had groomed the area surrounding the house for potting deer at night.

he has planted winter peas all around the house..as well as other things to attract deer..so he could take a night shot on a deer anytime he wanted to kill one.

well the area was very well known to have monkees..and Tug knew it. he and his family had seen them on his place..

one monkee which by size and by attitude seemed to be a large juvenile male..got really bold..

so bold to go as far and start slapping the side of the house..whenever the monkees were hunting deer near the house..to keep Tugs family inside..

finally one day..

one of the kidz came inside..and said that a monkee (the previously mentioned juvie) was out there..

Tug grabbed his SKS, and out in the yard was this one monkee in question. Tug threw up the rifle and shot him dead center mass...the animal dropped..and was rolling on the ground girgling in blood..

2 monkees..which were females came out of the woods and started dragging the dead one off into the timber.

once they got the dead one close by the edge of the timber..a HUGE MALE..came out and threw the dead one over its shoulder and took off deep into the timber.

i've seen pics...of the area after the shooting and have discussed this at length with his brother. another member of ARFCOM..who posts here regularly hunts with me..and has also met everyone involved.

Why do you call them monkees? Are you connected with the group that claims to have DNA? Werent they supposed to have your DNA matched up with their DNA and see if there is any relation?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

finally one day..

Why do you call them monkees? Are you connected with the group that claims to have DNA? Werent they supposed to have your DNA matched up with their DNA and see if there is any relation?

Yeah why do you call them monkees?  Is that what they really are?  Somone brought some large monkees like a Japanese Snow Monkey for a game ranch or something and they got away?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Muddydog,

Got any more of those "tree limb sign" pics?

Those were spooky, sasquatch or otherwise
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Tag.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#44]
From my ventures as a bigfoot enthusiast.

How to look like a Bigfoot expert.

Take lots of pictures of broken trees, piles of sticks that resemble a teepee, pictures of flattened  down grass (bigfoot nest). Take pics of bear tracks that look sort of human, pics of huge piles of poop, deer skeletons.

Tell folks you have been doing it for 20yrs. Tell them the bigfoot get on all fours and run like that when fleeing. Bang on trees with sticks and tell people you are trying to get a  bigfoot respond.

Any and all sounds in the woods are bigfoot related. Snapping branches, howls, moans, screams.

Oh and above all. Tell everyone that all the animals you found were  issing their livers. Thats a seal of authenticity for many bigfooters. For some reason the liver has to be missing.

The most popular bigfoot research method is taking pictures of the woods. Just go take some photos of the woods and later at home play spot the bigfoot. Make sure you use red circles to point out the hidden bigfeet in the pictures. Red is the official color of authenticity.

If anyone questions you about your expertise.

1. Tell them that you owe them nothing (they have to take your word for it)
2. Tell them they are just jealous
3. Charge them $$ to join a club and give them a hat, pin and invite them to bigfoot cookouts now and      them.
4. Always talk tough and pretend you are the uber expert on everything bigfoot related, you will attract a swarm of sycophants
If you claim physical evidence. see rule #1
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
From my ventures as a bigfoot enthusiast.

How to look like a Bigfoot expert.

Take lots of pictures of broken trees, piles of sticks that resemble a teepee, pictures of flattened  down grass (bigfoot nest). Take pics of bear tracks that look sort of human, pics of huge piles of poop, deer skeletons.

Tell folks you have been doing it for 20yrs. Tell them the bigfoot get on all fours and run like that when fleeing. Bang on trees with sticks and tell people you are trying to get a  bigfoot respond.

Any and all sounds in the woods are bigfoot related. Snapping branches, howls, moans, screams.

Oh and above all. Tell everyone that all the animals you found were  issing their livers. Thats a seal of authenticity for many bigfooters. For some reason the liver has to be missing.

The most popular bigfoot research method is taking pictures of the woods. Just go take some photos of the woods and later at home play spot the bigfoot. Make sure you use red circles to point out the hidden bigfeet in the pictures. Red is the official color of authenticity.

If anyone questions you about your expertise.

1. Tell them that you owe them nothing (they have to take your word for it)
2. Tell them they are just jealous
3. Charge them $$ to join a club and give them a hat, pin and invite them to bigfoot cookouts now and      them.
4. Always talk tough and pretend you are the uber expert on everything bigfoot related, you will attract a swarm of sycophants
If you claim physical evidence. see rule #1

Sound like you have seen all the same stuff I have.
You ever done any of your own research or did you just look at what out on the net?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Oh hell... everyone knows that just the sound of racking a shotgun will send bigfoot a runnin'.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Sound like you have seen all the same stuff I have.
You ever done any of your own research or did you just look at what out on the net?

Done my own in the field and online. I am a skeptic that wants to believe. I think it could be cool to see something like a bigfoot in the wild. Would be even cooler to be the first kid on the block with a  bigfoot kill.

Its still something I scare my kids with on camping trips. I tell them to go to sleep or they will attract a skunkape. Last time I did that my oldest (then 8) said, yeah but you would just shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:55:12 PM EDT
[#49]

In the late sixties and early seventies there were several sightings in Skamania County in Washington State.  This prompted authorities to move to protect Bigfoot.  In Skamania County it is illegal to kill a Bigfoot under penalty of $1,000 fine and five years in jail. Skamania County in the Columbia River Gorge is the only county in America with such an ordinance.

http://www.inthegorge.com/bigfoot.html

Im guessing  the shooter  would probably be able to get a pretty good attorney to defend hik pro bono  (prove beyond reasonable doubt this is a bigfoot ) make for a fun trial
then everyone they  have ever knew or talked to would be a Greta's show on FOX for months on end
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top