Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2001 6:26:29 PM EDT
Is there any doubt?

A second worker at the SUN, in FL has been exposed, and spores have been found on a keyboard.

This is not a natural occurrence.  And still the FBI can only say, "Terrorism is a possibility we are looking into"

Am I the only one that is a little bothered by the secrecy surrounding these events.
I realize that they are trying to prevent widespread panic, but I don't like being kept in the dark "for my own good"
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah right, Osama Bin Laden finally acquires a supply of anthrax spoors- then to dispurse it he has a intern at a tabloid pass a coated envelope amongst the staff? Yeah right, Bin Ladens people dont go for small targets.

There is little doubt that this is the first confirmed case of Anthrax being used as a weapon.  But this is a criminal case not a act of terrorism by foreigners.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]
You may think that you can handle the truth, but I'm sure you would panic if they came out and said that people are dying of anthrax because of a terrorist attack.  Watch "Men in Black" and listen closely to the reason Tommy Lee Jones gives for the alien contact being kept secret from the people.  

We are stupid, panicky animals who have a tendency to stampede when startled.  I don't want to know about something like a biological attack because I know that I'll die from it no matter what happens.

There really is nothing you can do to preclude youself from being a victim of disease or chemical attack.  The gas masks that sell of the shelf aren't worth crap, and are no good unless combined with decontamination procedures and NBC suits worn [size=4]24 HOURS A DAY[/size=4].

"Do what you will,
just don't think you have a chance in Hell of saving yourself in the event of a pandemic."  
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Um, I have an issue of one of those rags that says Bin Laden has a tiny dick. Maybe he was getting his revenge. One article said that the Enquirer, Globe, Star, Sun, and several other tabloids.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dont rule out the possibilities of DOMESTIC terrorism or even disgruntled employees...

There ARE other bad guys out there!
View Quote

Exactly, and this looks very much like such a case, even if a BioWeapon was used for the first time.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Goatboy. How goes the enlistment process?
BP
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you guys happen to read the "Dark Winter" thread a couple of days back?  Might ought to look that one up if you did'nt.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#8]
how about this...The Sun and other rag papers are sent to almost every grocery store around the country...what would happen if some of these papers were contaminated with anthrax spores?....also did anyone every think about the west nile virus that was in manhatten/long island last year?...could that have been the first bio attack?...think about it..a deadly organism deliverable by a common vector(mosquito) and it originates from egypt, where alot of these wacked out islamoterrorists come from. maybe the mass pesticide spraying there saved us from a huge disaster.....just a thought.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
First, you all are assuming that the press is reporting the truth. Second, that our government is giving the press the full scoop. It would be the first time. Don't forget they now have a blanket thrown over it and can make up anything they want. If there is anything our government is good at doing, its covering up things and propaganda.
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Is this was a terrorist attack, it was a pretty sorry excuse for one.  Either this was a domestic incident, or the terrorists need to go back to Afghanistan for a refresher course.

Hmmm, I can picture it now:
"Hey, there was a camp around here somewhere.  Now there's just a big hole in the ground!"
Link Posted: 10/8/2001 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#11]
First off ArmdLbrl, Bin Ladens people may prefer big targets, but I'm sure they appreciate the special terror that any BIO attack is sure to bring.

Also, you don't even know if other attacks have already been launched.

Are you just trying to convince yourself that it couldn't be Arab terrorists, because that possibility is just to frightening?

Maybe they acquired the spores from the Iraqi agent they met with this summer?

As Ex11B pointed out, the paper has national circulation, anybody know if it's printed in the same building as the quarantined one?

I had the same thought tonight, AFTER I had already picked up and leafed though one while standing on line at Wallyworld.

There would be a wicked irony to that:
Death by Rag

Stranger than Hillary having an affair with a space alien.

Ex11B, I sure hope you are wrong, I'll let you guys know in 7 to 30 days.

Does anybody know if Anthrax is something that can be whipped up by a pissed off sheep farmer, or is a large lab/government project required?

I hope that this is the justification needed to take out Iraq's NBC capability, once and for all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top