Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 11:24:14 AM EST
Yup, I know, I only mailed in my application this past week, BUT dang, I cant wait to get that GARAND.....

WAIT, did you HEAR THAT, hold on it sounded like a FED-EX TRUCK.....

(1shott bolts from the chair to the window, throws open the sash, BUT sees nothing, returns to chair with a SIGH)

Sorry about that, just hearing things I guess.......
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:31:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By 1shott:
Yup, I know, I only mailed in my application this past week, BUT dang, I cant wait to get that GARAND.....

(1shott bolts from the chair to the window, throws open the sash, BUT sees nothing, returns to chair with a SIGH)

Do you think people 60 years from now are going to be this excited about the arrival of their AR15? I hope so.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:34:41 AM EST
I HOPE SO, I will be 98 in 60 years, and if I am still around, I will do a archive search of this thread, and post a pic of what my CMP AR15/M16 looks like....
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:37:56 AM EST

Only shot one once, and it sure was sweet! Can't afford one on mil pay just quite yet, but she's on my wish list. Have fun
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:39:38 AM EST
I got my first several weeks back and I am going to order another. I am hoping to get a WW2 era rifle this time around.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:43:15 AM EST
You have NO IDEA how bad I want a CMP Greek issue Garand.

But, oh, my bank account was at $43.12 as of Thursday...

I want to cry...
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:29:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By Sturmwehr:
You have NO IDEA how bad I want a CMP Greek issue Garand.

But, oh, my bank account was at $43.12 as of Thursday...

I want to cry...

+1

And they keep cutting my prn hours at the hospital so that I am missing all the toys. Four hours here, four hours there, and, sheesh, hardly buy bullets for the ones that I've got.

wganz
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:07:46 PM EST

I guess I'm not helping, HRA USGI service grade.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:10:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By FRO:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=20474

I guess I'm not helping, HRA USGI service grade.

DAMN, that is SWEET.. CONGRATS....
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:19:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/21/2004 3:20:21 PM EST by DK-Prof]
I SWEAR, if I was allowed to buy from the CMP, I would probably buy a garand EVERY MONTH!!!

You bastards need to buy an extra one once in a while and then sell it to me (at only a slight markup ). Since I've got a C&R FFL you can send them directly to me!

1shott - I hope yours arrives soon!! Post pictures when it does.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:22:58 PM EST
I'm getting amxious, and I mailed mine order off yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:24:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
I SWEAR, if I was allowed to buy from the CMP, I would probably buy a garand EVERY MONTH!!!

You bastards need to buy an extra one once in a while and then sell it to me (at only a slight markup ). Since I've got a C&R FFL you can send them directly to me!

I think you would owe me more than just a little mark up, since I gave you a "tip" about the ammo........
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:27:07 PM EST

I think you would owe me more than just a little mark up, since I gave you a "tip" about the ammo........

Dammit - I hate it when people remember that I owe them big favors!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:28:06 PM EST

Dammit - I hate it when people remember that I owe them big favors!

I may be a OKIE, but I am sharp as a tack, and dont forget anything........ANYTHING....
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:11:17 PM EST
I think mine arrived almost exactly 2 weeks to the day from when I mailed the paperwork in. Very fast service!

Dave
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:16:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/21/2004 9:18:51 PM EST by warlord]
Cheer up! I had to wait over ONE YEAR for my M1 Garand from the then-DCM. Thank the anti-gunners for this situtation. The antis really did us a favor by privatizing the DCM, turning it into the CMP as it is known today, with delivery time in months instead of a year.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:25:29 PM EST
I'm not waiting for my Garand yet.. Just my C&R. I'm on my way to a nice piece of history.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:32:03 PM EST
I onley have about 200$ in the bank so yes i am wating for the mony for a garand
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:37:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By mac130:

Do you think people 60 years from now are going to be this excited about the arrival of their AR15? I hope so.

I'll be surprised if the average American will be able to buy an air rifle in 60 years.
Top Top