Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2002 8:25:45 PM EDT
[url]http://www.americanpolicy.org/sledgehammer/main.htm[/url]

Friends of APC, what I’m about to tell you is of serious importance. I won’t mince words, because we all need to act quickly.

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 13th of February, Congress is going to vote on the "Shays-Meehan" Campaign Finance bill (H.R. 380). It is sponsored by Reps. Christopher Shays (R-CT) and Martin Meehan (D-MA). This bill is one of the most tyrannically poisonous bills to come down the pike in a long time. Let me tell you why.

[b]Shays-Meehan will make it illegal for organizations like the American Policy Center, the NRA, or any other non-profit group to communicate with its members 60 days before elections. That means no more APC Sledgehammer. That means I can’t tell you what certain members of Congress are doing on issues that are important to you. That means you aren’t allowed to be informed![/b]

This is a dream bill for incumbent Liberals in Congress. It protects them from criticism. It allows them to operate under the cover of night without being held accountable for their actions. But most of all, it takes away your right to free speech and YOUR RIGHT TO KNOW!

We don’t elect Kings in this country. We elect Congressmen. Sadly—DANGEROUSLY—many of our Representatives don’t know the difference. It’s urgent that you tell them—TODAY.

WE MUST ACT RIGHT NOW!

**Action to Take**

1. Call your Representative IMMEDIATELY. Call him or her two, three or four times if you can. Demand that he or she vote AGAINST Shays-Meehan! Hit them where is hurts. Let them know that if they vote for Shays-Meehan, they’ll lose your vote in the next election. Call the Capitol Hill House Switchboard at (202) 225-3121. Simply ask for your Representative by name.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The AR15 army rides again!  Let's get em!

BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top