Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2002 3:01:41 PM EDT
I'm not going to any more GUN SHOWS in Tulsa ever again. 8 bucks at the door to look at a bunch of shi_!! The same old shi_ too. Crafts,beanie babies,collectables,coins,sausage,jerky,surplus bullshi_,indian art and table after table of way overpriced ragdy ass guns. (saw some nice ones but they were REALLY proud of them) 300 dollar plus SKS's,$2,500 FALS,$3500 pre-ban AR's Saw ONE M-1 Garrand and was afraid to ask how much and not ONE AK in the building! Lord knows what they might have wanted for a SAR if they had one!! I did buy 2 battle packs of some 308. Hurt. was on sale for $35 per pack. [shock] I made it a point to look at the other vendors as I quickly walked past their bullshi_ table and stop at the next one to them even though they might have only 4 cap and ball pistols on their table .I left disgusted. Any body else in the country have some REAL gun shows where they live and is worth a drive?
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The Puyallup, Wa show is a good one - we'll see ya there!
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I've stopped going to the ones in Tucson.  Waste of my time and money.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
come on down to okc fair-grounds, some of what you discribed but not bad on prices,      
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Puyallup, Wa show is a good one - we'll see ya there!
View Quote

How's the Monroe show??  I keep meaning to go, but never wake up early enough to make it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't know what to tell ya Sarge,  Best to just order what ya want and have Trident precision Machine do the custoization.  See ya Monday

Jon
Link Posted: 1/19/2002 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#7]
The one here in Austin isn't half bad, but it's only half good.  They used to have it at the convention center, but I think the city owned it, and stopped letting 'em have it there, so now it's in an old store about as big as a small WalMart, so it's much smaller.  Now, there is a pretty HUGE show in Houston that I went to last year.  My legs were so tired after walking that place!  
I went to the small Austin funshow today, and picked up a few things.  The only thing I couldn't find on my list was some hex panel screws for my 1911.  

Got a couple Chip McCormick 8rd mags (he's actually in Austin, but doesn't come to the show) a nice IWB holster for my 1911 and one for my .380 (Don Hume), a carry handle scope base for my AR, and a couple boxes of cheap .45

:)
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Gunshows in this state are so plentiful you really have to pick and choose. Stay away from any with the names Metcalf or Claude Hall. Same old people with the same old crap at all of their shows.

I'm sure Jim Dandy wil be posting any minute now to tell you how all the gunshows suck and so do the idiots who attend them.[:D][:D]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top