Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/29/2005 6:21:23 PM EDT
I was in a Iowa pawn shop when a guy was buying a laser sight for his blowgun.

Was bragging about how he could hit pop cans in the alley from his house with it (1/4 block away) and speculating on his improved capacity for accuracy with the laser sight he was buying.

I didn't bother to explain to him that neither he, the blowgun, or even the laser would be in any way consistent as distances changed every 20 feet.

Sometimes you just nod and say "That's nice."
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:24:47 PM EDT
I saw some gunshow in CO that someone was selling back massager things. Also saw one with a punk/goth chick was messing with a guitar at a table where someone was selling other stuff, she was pretty hot too.

I always look at the airsotfs, they wont let me shoot myself with them to see how much they hurt, if it dont hurt like hell I dont want it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:27:55 PM EDT
This past fall, a "pre-ban" COLT AR-15, for $2,000.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:29:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By txgp17:
This past fall, a "pre-ban" COLT AR-15, for $2,000.

You do know Colt collectors still pay premium prices for Green label rifles right?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:32:19 PM EDT
I saw someone trying to trade an airsoft rifle for an AK varient.

-Ben
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:35:07 PM EDT
Saw a table at the fun show selling "Maritial aids" , lotions ,and feathery boas!!! Only saw them there one time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:39:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

Was bragging about how he could hit pop cans in the alley from his house with it (1/4 block away) and speculating on his improved capacity for accuracy with the laser sight he was buying.

I didn't bother to explain to him that neither he, the blowgun, or even the laser would be in any way consistent as distances changed every 20 feet.

Was this pawn shop in southern Iowa?

could of this guy crossed the border?

this would explain everything.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:39:57 PM EDT

You do know Colt collectors still pay premium prices for Green label rifles right?

Thank you for making my point. They (the pony-boyz) need to put down the kewl-aid, that price is rediculous. To me that's like paying two grand for a Smith-Corona 03A3 when there's an nearly identical Remington next to it for a lot less.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:42:43 PM EDT
Somebody was selling 90 round AR15 and AK47 style magazines.
These magazines were 30 round magazines welded one on top of another.
I kept thinking about the Fleetwood Mac song, Tusk.
If I wanted a magazine with that large a capacity there are other alternatives.
And I'm not talking about C-Mags either.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:44:32 PM EDT

Thank you for making my point. They (the pony-boyz) need to put down the kewl-aid, that price is rediculous. To me that's like paying two grand for a Smith-Corona 03A3 when there's an nearly identical Remington next to it for a lot less.

If it were a parts gun then you'd have a point.

But collectors are not just interested in shooters.

It is why some people will pay around $700 for a pre68 import Mauser (no import marks) when you can get a post 86 import of the same exact gun for around $150.

Colt doesn't make Green labels anymore so if you want one you are paying pre89 prices. If you only want a AR15 you can get one for about half that price.

Don't even get started on Single Action Army revolvers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:55:02 PM EDT
I went to one about 2 years ago that was so pathetic it was funny. There were 2 actual tables that had guns. The first one had a small amount, and the prices were okay, but nothing great. The other table had 300-400 dollar Mosin-Nagants and Enfields . The other 5 tables were knifes, electronics, and other assorted shit. It was the most pathetic show I could have imagined.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:56:00 PM EDT
condoms.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:02:04 PM EDT

No shit! My Bushmaster shoots just as good as any pony gun and costs less than half the price of the damn thing. What amazes me is the money people will pay for Colt AR-15 mags. Colt doesn't make their own mags. They just have a sub-contractor put a Colt logo floorplate on the mag and it triples the price!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:04:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cyrax777:
condoms.

'

something about condoms and gun shows dont mix, I agree, that might be the worst thing ive read yet
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:04:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2005 7:06:12 PM EDT by mjohn3006]
Glock Clips

M1 Garand Mags

ETA.....this!!!!!
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=422738
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:06:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:
Glock Clips

M1 Garand Mags

S&W 50 BMg revolver, they are at everyshow too
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:07:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2005 7:08:47 PM EDT by www-glock19-com]
I like the guy selling all the CDs about the gubberment , He was telling me about how 75% of the people at gun shows are ATF and that they carry special low radiation ID tags in their shoes
I guess he figured i was not ATF as i did not know about the ID tags
This was in Tulsa but the guy is from Nebraska somewhere , the paper had a article about him a few years back
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:10:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2005 7:10:28 PM EDT by SteyrAUG]

Originally Posted By RedDawg6:

No shit! My Bushmaster shoots just as good as any pony gun and costs less than half the price of the damn thing. What amazes me is the money people will pay for Colt AR-15 mags. Colt doesn't make their own mags. They just have a sub-contractor put a Colt logo floorplate on the mag and it triples the price!

OK, you guys are missing my point.

If you are talking current Colts vs. Bushmaster then many will agree with you.

I was referring to collectable Colts. They haven't made Green Label AR-15s for about 15 years.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:11:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Taxman:

Glock Clips

M1 Garand Mags

I don't believe it's BMG, it's .500 S&W
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:14:02 PM EDT
an authentic Russian ak-47 stock for 250.0.
stock only no hanguards.
i wanted to laugh out loud when i saw that.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:14:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Green95LX:

Glock Clips

M1 Garand Mags

I know that, you know that. The dealer who has them marked that doesnt I quess.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:15:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Green95LX:

Glock Clips

M1 Garand Mags

That is the joke. They label the 500 S&W's as 50 BMG.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:15:45 PM EDT
Some people like Colts just accept it, and they will pay the premium price for their ARs.

As long as they are happy about their purchase who cares.

Now to get this thread back on course.

I once saw(in Atlanta GA) a bunch of Flea market japanese voltron looking toys, and every now again you see the battery operated toy truck guy here in Fayetteville.

Since when did gun shows become flee markets???

FREE
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:19:04 PM EDT
Wow, gun shows in Wyoming seem pretty dull. We just have the ususal stuff, cheap knives, swords make from stamped steel, 1000 rounds of .223 wolf for $150 and a single table in the corner no one goes to. Sitting at that table is a very lonely looking woman with an enormous pile of Beany Babies.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:19:46 PM EDT

It is why some people will pay around $700 for a pre68 import Mauser (no import marks) when you can get a post 86 import of the same exact gun for around $150.

Colt doesn't make Green labels anymore so if you want one you are paying pre89 prices. If you only want a AR15 you can get one for about half that price.

Dude,$700 is the starting point. Pre-war/early war other wise correct bolt mismatch can bring that. A bolt matching prewar k98 can bring twice that.

And yea I'd pay that for a rightous pre ww1 Kar98.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2005 7:26:26 PM EDT by www-glock19-com]

Originally Posted By firedog51d:

Dude,$700 is the starting point. Pre-war/early war other wise correct bolt mismatch can bring that. A bolt matching prewar k98 can bring twice that.

And yea I'd pay that for a rightous pre ww1 Kar98.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:25:03 PM EDT
Some dealer has had the same mis-matched SP1 with HUGE Wal-Mart Scope, cheap ass scope mount, and deer rifle sling priced at $2500 with a "DO NOT TOUCH" sign on it for about 10 years.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:27:29 PM EDT

Self explanatory, probably laughing all the way to the bank though

Jerky is out, soup is in!

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:29:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2005 7:34:35 PM EDT by AeroE]

Originally Posted By warguns:

Was this pawn shop in Northern Iowa?

(Damn buggy editor.)

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:32:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:
Self explanatory, probably laughing all the way to the bank though

tacoma4x4.no-ip.com/AR15s/gunshow3.jpg

Jerky is out, soup is in!

tacoma4x4.no-ip.com/AR15s/gunshow7.jpg

Damn, they got taters at your gunshow?

That's a high quality gathering right there. The best we can do is 3 day old hot dogs, beef jerky, and flat coke.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:36:57 PM EDT
Some douchbag "Sportsman For Kerry" table at one of the shows before the Election. Every time I walked by I'd call him a sucker, he had no business at all but could have made a fortune if one could charge people for making grimaces.

Oh and the Cheaparse dbl tack welded mags I am seeing. Either USA mags or some other lousy steel garbage mags. What hunk of junks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:38:37 PM EDT

I was referring to collectable Colts. They haven't made Green Label AR-15s for about 15 years.

Ford hasn't made the Pinto in over 25 years, but you don't see people rushing out to the junkyard and paying $30,000 for a crappy car.

But in the end, people will collect anything I guess. Even crappy Colts.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:41:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2005 7:48:18 PM EDT by _DR]

In the states where there is still a ban in place, this is not an unusual Price for a preban Colt.
You can call them "Crappy" if you want, but the Colts hold their value. You won't see many collectors looking for old Bushmasters, unless its an Armpistol or some other oddity.

As Ekie says: "Colt has carpet stains and staplers that have been around longer than RRA or Bushmaster."
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:42:35 PM EDT
I always try to dodge the John Birch society guy hitting me up for donations
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:46:39 PM EDT
There was this one gunshow where there was a guy with a couple tables selling lots of army surplus stuff. Good selection, etc., but on one end of the table, for whatever reason, he just had this massive amount of teddy bears mixed in with all the military surplus gear. It was odd. I know some people shoot them ( ), but still....it's always struck me as somehow distinctly wrong/sick/peverted or whatever to use children's toys as targets.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:46:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:
I like the guy selling all the CDs about the gubberment , He was telling me about how 75% of the people at gun shows are ATF and that they carry special low radiation ID tags in their shoes
I guess he figured i was not ATF as i did not know about the ID tags
This was in Tulsa but the guy is from Nebraska somewhere , the paper had a article about him a few years back

I met him!! I'm now a member of his "Super-Secret CD Club". Mummsy will be so pleased!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:48:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By purplecheese:

OK,Ford hasn't made the Pinto in over 25 years, but you don't see people rushing out to the junkyard and paying $30,000 for a crappy car.

In about 15 more years, some collector will probably wind up paying $65,000 for a Pinto.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:49:17 PM EDT
Beanie fucking babies.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:50:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By piccolo:

OK,Ford hasn't made the Pinto in over 25 years, but you don't see people rushing out to the junkyard and paying $30,000 for a crappy car.

In about 15 more years, some collector will probably wind up paying $65,000 for a Pinto.

And we can all laught at his ugly ass when he puts it in a garge somewhere next to a 69 Charger...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:52:20 PM EDT

Ford hasn't made the Pinto in over 25 years, but you don't see people rushing out to the junkyard and paying $30,000 for a crappy car.

But in the end, people will collect anything I guess. Even crappy Colts.

Your bias gives you away. To blanket statement "crappy Colts" you fail to impress me with your knowledge. I seriously doubt many maker of ARs today [unless a small $$$$ company] has an AR that will come close to the look, fit , reliability and feel of my GS# Colt. Even Colt does not make them that nice anymore. Don't particularly like the Damn pivot screws but OTOH it is a small pin trigger group with no block.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:56:43 PM EDT
This thread took a dump...

...funniest thing I saw was an Essentail Arms POS with cast fsb for 1400...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:08:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:

Your bias gives you away. To blanket statement "crappy Colts" you fail to impress me with your knowledge. I seriously doubt many maker of ARs today [unless a small $$$$ company] has an AR that will come close to the look, fit , reliability and feel of my GS# Colt. Even Colt does not make them that nice anymore. Don't particularly like the Damn pivot screws but OTOH it is a small pin trigger group with no block.

And you can continue to overpay for a Colt all you want.

I'll stick with my Armalites, Bushmasters, PWA, even Doublestar rifles.

Everything is machined on CNC mills and lathes now which have tolerances to withint a few ten thousands of an inch and fit and finish of even some of the lower end rifles are just as good as colts built 20 years ago on older equipment.

My Armalite M15A4, M15A2, and my home job PWA have all been very reliable and have good fit and finish. Just because I don't spend $2000 on Colt doesn't mean I don't have good rifles.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:14:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2005 8:15:55 PM EDT by _DR]

Just because I don't spend $2000 on Colt doesn't mean I don't have good rifles.

No one said you didn't, so why are you bashing what others choose to buy?
People choose to spend way more than the cost of a Colt on Les Baer and Wilson, so why does that irk you? It's their money.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:16:34 PM EDT
tofurkey, veggie dogs, and little drums.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:22:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By _DR:

Just because I don't spend $2000 on Colt doesn't mean I don't have good rifles.

No one said you didn't, so why are you bashing what others choose to buy?
People choose to spend way more than the cost of a Colt on Les Baer and Wilson, so why does that irk you? It's their money.

Just the pony boys irk me.

Why buy a company a rifle from a Company that doesn't want to make a lower mil spec or sell "evil" features to users.

Yes, yes I know you can buy a 6920 now that has all the evil features.

I also know this was probably long before all that crap went down, but again... oh well. Just stating my 2 cents even though no one wants it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:37:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2005 8:41:44 PM EDT by txgp17]

I got your point, I can see where a collector is going to "Pony-up" for a green label Colt. But if I were a halfway knowledgable seller, and I had one, I would advertise it as a "GREEN LABEL PRE-BAN" to attract both collectors and schmucks who are convinced that the word "pre-ban" has any meaning in NC. All Green Labels are preban but not all prebans are Green Label.

Some things are more prized than others, a pre-64 winchester for example.
Or a SAR-8 compared to a HK91, whatever wets your wistle.
But I stand behind my opinion that two grand is two much for a "pre-ban" Colt. BTW, it was a standard 20" rifle, don't recall if it was A1 or A2 format (were A2's even around before 94'?).

ETA - I done with my thread hijacking... please accept my apology
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:42:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AeroE:

Originally Posted By warguns:

Was this pawn shop in Northern Iowa?

(Damn buggy editor.)

Marshalltown.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:49:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By piccolo:

And we can all laught at his ugly ass when he puts it in a garge somewhere next to a 69 Charger...

1959 Ford Edsel For Sale

Asking Price: $20,000.00
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:51:55 PM EDT

I got your point, I can see where a collector is going to "Pony-up" for a green label Colt. But if I were a halfway knowledgable seller, and I had one, I would advertise it as a "GREEN LABEL PRE-BAN" to attract both collectors and schmucks who are convinced that the word "pre-ban" has any meaning in NC. All Green Labels are preban but not all prebans are Green Label.

Some things are more prized than others, a pre-64 winchester for example.
Or a SAR-8 compared to a HK91, whatever wets your wistle.
But I stand behind my opinion that two grand is two much for a "pre-ban" Colt. BTW, it was a standard 20" rifle, don't recall if it was A1 or A2 format (were A2's even around before 94'?).

ETA - I done with my thread hijacking... please accept my apology

No apology need. I was merely clarifying.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:54:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cold:

Originally Posted By cyrax777:
condoms.

'

something about condoms and gun shows dont mix, I agree, that might be the worst thing ive read yet

Hey now, not all of us are lucky enough to live by a gas station that stocks tactical marpat/OD rubbers.

How else am I supposed to maintain my warrior edge while protecting myself from VD and accidental children?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:54:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:

And you can continue to overpay for a Colt all you want.

I'll stick with my Armalites, Bushmasters, PWA, even Doublestar rifles.

Everything is machined on CNC mills and lathes now which have tolerances to withint a few ten thousands of an inch and fit and finish of even some of the lower end rifles are just as good as colts built 20 years ago on older equipment.

My Armalite M15A4, M15A2, and my home job PWA have all been very reliable and have good fit and finish. Just because I don't spend $2000 on Colt doesn't mean I don't have good rifles.

Give me a break! I pay around 1200 for a 6920, was paying a bit over 1K for 6520s. If you see 2K on one it's overpriced, just as a Bushie would be. Ya walk away and the dealer or whomever keeps it, or lowers the price til it's within market pricing. And NONE of your ARs are built as well as my "old" one. I don't even have to look at your's to know because I've seen hundreds of A-lites and the rest and none even came close. Like I said, even my newer Colts are not in the ballpark on overall quality. Put 600 on your ARs and I'll put a 900 on mine and I'd bet mine would sell first. At the same price, it would not even be a contest.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top