Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 8:50:08 PM EDT
What's the local rumor near where you live as to what Chinese Restaurants serve?

Cat or dog?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
We get combination plate, dog and cat.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Possum
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#3]
If the local arrests are an indicator - dog.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#6]
When my wife and I were first married (almost 28 years ago) we lived next door to a Chinese restaurant.  We saw the back door from our house.

The dogs would walk in the back door......  they would never walk out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Does it matter? all tastes like chicken.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup, they dont see anything wrong with it.  Its actually a delicacy.

Protein is protein.  One day when beef is $50 a pound, we will see what gets eaten.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Cream of sum yung guy.

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Goto Youtube and search for 'rat-a-tooee'
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#11]
here kitty kitty .
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Soylent green

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#13]
other, mostly dumbass racists
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#14]
its both man, cats in the regular stir fry dishes, orange/general chicken and dog meats the pork substitute and mongolian beef.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#15]
both

but hey, thats crap; our chinese restaruant is primarily employed with Hispanics--now thats wierd
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I know you're Asian too, so am I.  It's just a fact of life in China and many parts of the 3rd world.  Now, to say that anyone could get away with it here in America at a resturant is absurd.  Guinea Pigs are eaten in Peru.  

Unborn, fertilized duck babies are eaten in the Philippines, there's are thousands of balut sellers, everywhere you go selling their steaming hot duck eggs on almost street corner.  Just a fact of life in the 3rd world.

You haven't lived on the wildside unless you've tried street foods in Asia and other parts of the 3rd world.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know you're Asian too, so am I.  It's just a fact of life in China.  Now, to say that anyone could get away with it here in America at a resturant is absurd.  

I know. When I was in China in 79 I was in a food market and I almost cried when I saw the live puppies for sale.
My dad was the manager of a butcher shop in Chinatown, NYC and I never, ever saw anything that looked like dog or cat
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#18]
it all boils down to necessity: people need FOOD and PROTIEN
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know you're Asian too, so am I.  It's just a fact of life in China.  Now, to say that anyone could get away with it here in America at a resturant is absurd.  

I know. When I was in China in 79 I was in a food market and I almost cried when I saw the live puppies for sale.
My dad was the manager of a butcher shop in Chinatown, NYC and I never, ever saw anything that looked like dog or cat

Those dogs a breed to be eaten like any cow or goat.

High quality protein is extremely expensive in any other part of the world except ours.

Europeans eat horse all the time and American would have a cow if they were served horse. Yes thats a fucking pun.

Aussies eat Kangaroos all the time.

Japanese will eat anything they can catch.

So I wouldnt get too bent out of shape about the ignorant SOBs that post racist shit.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#20]
When I was in Italy, I asked the cab driver to take me to the Chinese Restaraunt. He told me to eat Italian food, since the chinese served cat.

Well, I went there anyway and had some "Pepper Steak" that didn't taste like any beef I've ever eaten. It was damned good though, I'd eat it again.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Possibly this thread exists to taunt one or more suspected ChiCom's that have been frequenting the board...

ETA:  

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:32:45 PM EDT
[#22]
it's definately cat.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Back in the mid eighties while living in Houston me and a buddy of mine got pretty tanked up one night and went down to china town right adjacent to downtown. It was pretty late and we were taking a stroll down the main drag. It was chinese lunar new yearYear or the rat I think] and the locals were shooting off large canisters filled with firecrackers and had a little street parade going on [you know dancing dragons and the like].We both all of a sudden got the munchies and stopped into a corner market because we saw something through the store window that looked like a pop corn machine you know the big square glass ones you see in movie theaters.The difference with this rig was that inside there was a scrawny looking carcus with shortened limbs[probably from a cleaver] in there suspended from the top of this gizmo slowly rotating with what looked to be duck sauce steadily pouring over it with red a heat lamp going.So curiosity got the better of us and my buddy says to the old vietnamese guy behind the counter,'' Hey popps whatchta got behind the glass there''? Popps say''rotiss cheekan'' he said, as if he even believed what us country boys knew had to be a lie.Then my buddy starts to get loud and pissed off looking and says,''Bullshit! thats a hairless meskin dog  or a bayou rat or someting you picked up off the side of I-45! Popps all of a sudden gets highly indignant and says,''No,no,no,no it a rabbit''! not realizing what he said, and my buddy capitalized on it and said,''Hey man dog ,cat chicken or rabbit I'll bet if I call the city health department on your ass and tell them your peddling mystery meat out of this roach infested son of a bitch I'll bet they would shoot right down here and shut your sorry ass down''!Now popps is starting to catch on that were not as drunk and stupid as we look.So when we came out of the joint we both had a bag of munchies free of charge[you know prepackaged sammaches and stuff from across town] and we went acrass the street set down on the curb and I look over at my bud and say,''kinnda like old times ain't it''?He just sets there for a minute ripping the wrapper off some microwave chlli dogs hands me one and cracks open a can of bud looking over at ''pop''s amused as hell and says''fuck'in A.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:59:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+ 1.......
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#25]
It must be dog or cat since you can buy that stuff much cheaper than .30 per pound chicken.

Here in the states it's chicken.  Overseas, I wouldn't know and don't care.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:30:24 AM EDT
[#26]
There are restaurants here that serve cat and dog.  Cat is a more regional thing that is popular in southern China.  Dog is more popular in more parts of China in the winter, black dog in particular as it is said to keep consumers warm.

That being said my wife runs a Chinesel restaurant back in TN.  We have taken in and love 4 stray cats in the past 5 years that were hanging out near our restaurant.

I prefer pussy myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top