Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2004 5:35:51 PM EDT
the fricking half moon ice cube? WTF, it conforms to the inside of the glass and wont let the liquid out and you tip the glass even higher and then it comes splashing out. #$^%^%&^*'er.

I bet is was the same jackoff that invented the flat roof. BASTERDS!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
It was an engineer, he designed it because it is the best shape to not clog up your ice maker.  that is, unless you want to shell out 2000 for a pro grade icemaker.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
It just occured tome. My ice maker has a crushed ice setting........ DOH!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#4]
crushed ice.  you must be one of those rich guys!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It just occured tome. My ice maker has a crushed ice setting........ DOH!

Uh, not to put too fine a point on it, but I believe it is your ice dispenser that has a crushed ice setting...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#6]
He did it just to piss you off.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have the smallest house on the block. But the crushed ice setting now makes up for it. Cant wait to rub in the good news at the next block meeting.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:48:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have the smallest house on the block. But the crushed ice setting now makes up for it. Cant wait to rub in the good news at the next block meeting.

You have a house too!  wow! I live with 2 other college students in an apartment.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It was an engineer, he designed it because it is the best shape to not clog up your ice maker.  that is, unless you want to shell out 2000 for a pro grade icemaker.

+1

Engineers make stuff which is best from an engineering perspective but they like to neglect user friendliness.

Im training to neglect user friendliness
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#10]
DrFrige here with more information than you can really give a shit about.

The half moon design is due to having an ice tray that can fill like a tub with NO HOLES underneath and then have fingers to swoop around and push them out. Now another manufacturer "Mid-South" came up with a slight design change that makes the flat curved side of the cube in a semi circle that prevents that kind of stuff which you dont like.

If you can come up with a better design... You will be a rich man. One manufacturer other than Mid South is Whirlpool and they pretty much have 90% of the market. They make them for Amana, Maytag, Kitchen Aid, Traulsen, yadda yadda yadda.

I hear your complaint at least twice a week... trust me You are NOT alone
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I get square ice cubes, I have ice trays.

Must be nice to have an icemaker.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:11:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a icemaker but I get glacier formations in the big tray that they fall into. whats up with that?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow, it must be so good to live in America, the land of Technology.  We are so backward that we dont even have fridges!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Wow, it must be so good to live in America, the land of Technology.  We are so backward that we dont even have fridges!

Yeah, I heard you were so backward you don't even have women!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

OH BS!!! You guys have one of the finest appliance manufacturers around.

Fisher & Paykel?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have a icemaker but I get glacier formations in the big tray that they fall into. whats up with that?

Brand?

Chances are that if it is GE and makes those round ice cubes that push up, the pushrod in the middle of the icemaker has a seal that my be bad. that causes a clacier. If it is the one that makes the 1/2 moon cubes, take the white square cover off the front and you will see a water adjustment screw. It is labeled with a '+' and '-' turn it ONLY 1/2 A TURN towards the '-' then wait a few cycles. You may be getting too much water.

If you notice black flakes in the ice as well as the glacier... you are screwed... get a new icemaker. Let me know if it is the case. I may be able to direct you to a supplier that will sell the icemaker at wholesale so you dont have to pay 150.00. for a new one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:17:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*Vows to make his next fridge one with a crushed ice feature.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OH BS!!! You guys have one of the finest appliance manufacturers around.

Fisher & Paykel?

Fisher and Paykel is good?  

We have a Maytag fridge but our house is too backward and doesnt have a water thingy behind the fridge so we didnt get a diispenser.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#20]
What is this "ice maker" you talk of?  Some kind of new fancy thing?    I know of no such device.....
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
the fricking half moon ice cube? WTF, it conforms to the inside of the glass and wont let the liquid out and you tip the glass even higher and then it comes splashing out. #$^%^%&^*'er.

I bet is was the same jackoff that invented the flat roof. BASTERDS!

Use a Straw
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What is this "ice maker" you talk of?  Some kind of new fancy thing?    I know of no such device.....

Oh crap... next you are gonna tell me you dont know what a microwave oven is!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:55:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Get a square glass. Duh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top